密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 RHS玫瑰崗, Victoria(Kornhill) and KCS蘇浙
樓主: Jiyee
go

RHS玫瑰崗, Victoria(Kornhill) and KCS蘇浙

發表於 11-1-13 13:50 |顯示全部帖子

回復 40# mchk1228 的帖子

To master a language is a long term task.  For this reason, what's the point of only attending K3 at KCS Kindergarten without a target to strike for a P1 place at KCS Primary School?  If you do not intend your kid to attend KCS Primary School, it would be a waste of effort.  Even if you get a K3 place at KCS, it does not guarantee a P1 place for you due to keen competition.  At K3 level, KCS has classes running from A to L, but at P1, they only have four whole-day classes.  As such, please carefully decide your strategy before your move.

[ 本帖最後由 stseng 於 11-1-13 13:51 編輯 ]

發表於 11-1-13 14:38 |顯示全部帖子
If you target KCS primary, one point maybe worth of your attention.  KCS primary will interview the KCS K3 student in late September, so, that means your kid will be interviewed in one month after admisison to K3.  How likely you think your kid can win those old K3 students for a place in KCS primary.

If you are not targeting KCS, is it good for a kid to change school in K3 and then change school in P1?

原帖由 stseng 於 11-1-13 13:50 發表
To master a language is a long term task.  For this reason, what's the point of only attending K3 at KCS Kindergarten without a target to strike for a P1 place at KCS Primary School?  If you do not in ...

發表於 11-1-13 15:01 |顯示全部帖子

回復 1# stseng 的帖子

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

發表於 11-1-13 21:48 |顯示全部帖子
mchk1228
You need to be objective when assessing the effectiveness of teaching PTH and good behaviour of the current kindergarten.  Remember - each kid is unique and some of them pick up language faster or slower than the others.  They also have different characters that modify how they behave.  Also, you need to ask yourself whether your expectation is too high or not as this may affect your judgment on the current kindergarten.  I say this because you may be disappointed again after changing school and complain that KCS is not effective in training your kid up to your expected standard.  There is no guarantee that you will be satisfy with the result after changing school as so many factors are affecting a child's learning - each of them is so unique.  Your own expectation is also an important factor to determine whether you are satisfied with the result.

I would recommend you to change to KCS for even one year (i.e. only K3) only if:
1.  you are really unhappy with the current kindergarten and very sure that your kid is not suitable to be in that kindergarten.
2.  you are willing to take the risk that KCS may not offer your kid a P1 place after finishing K3.
3.  you are willing to accept the fact - there is no guarantee that you will be happy with your kid's progress in PTH / behaviour after attending KCS as she has to get used to a new and very different environment where everyone in her class is speaking PTH (no one speaks Cantonese).  She may be nervious and need some time to adapt to it.  (having said that, i am very confident with KCS's PTH environment, teaching quality and peer groups which are all beneficial to a kid's learning PTH and good behaviour).  

My view may be subjective, but I hope this helps you to make a wise decision.

原帖由 mchk1228 於 11-1-13 15:01 發表
Thank you stsenq.

Yes, that's the point I am struggling and that is why i don't know whether to go for KC kinder or not. Her current kinder is apparently not the type i want after the facts i realis ...

[ 本帖最後由 stseng 於 11-1-13 21:52 編輯 ]

發表於 11-1-14 11:17 |顯示全部帖子

回復 1# stseng 的帖子

發表於 11-1-19 12:19 |顯示全部帖子