密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 RHS玫瑰崗, Victoria(Kornhill) and KCS蘇浙
查看: 9984|回覆: 45
go

RHS玫瑰崗, Victoria(Kornhill) and KCS蘇浙

發表於 10-12-12 10:58 |顯示全部帖子
Hi all,
My daughter is a "BIG" B(was born in Feb 08), she has been accepted by RHS and Kornhill Victoria, yesterday was also interviewed by KCS.

After lots of research, I've decided to let her go to RHS because of:
1.Spacious environment
2.Balance in the curriculum (2 days in English, 2 days in Putonghua and 1 day in Cantonese)
3.Primary section is also quite good.

However, my wife insists that RHS is quite far away, she is worried of the daily distance of school bus, and so she prefers to enroll her into Victoria or KCS since they both are quite near -- we live in Kornhill.

I am very confused at the moment, any advices? Please....many thanks.
If possible, please also try to type your opinions in English, since my wife cannot read much about Chinese, my apologies and many thanks again!

[ 本帖最後由 Jiyee 於 10-12-12 11:19 編輯 ]

發表於 10-12-12 20:36 |顯示全部帖子
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

發表於 10-12-12 21:18 |顯示全部帖子
Me too, my girl is accepted by RHS, St Clare and we went to KCS interview on Sat too.

Victoria is good but toooo expensive as this kindergarten doesn't accept voucher and the environment is too small. No outdoor playground. Not sure if the money is worth.

Both RHS & KCS accept voucher so I can save some $$ for my girl to join other classes like art or dancing and etc. She love it so much.

I like RHS as the same reasons as yours but not too sure about the quality of their Primary section. Anyone can comment?

KCS on the other hand, very strong PTH and I heard this school has ENG lesson everyday by NET (hopefully other KCS parents can confirm on this). KCS primary is definitely good but might be a bit too pressure (lots of homework - again hopefully KCS parents can confirm on this)

I won't worry too much about Cantonese as my girl will definitely pick it up as she is growing up in HK.

發表於 10-12-13 00:07 |顯示全部帖子
Rosaryhill has school bus  directly to Kornhill. So I believe transportation is not a problem.

發表於 10-12-13 09:19 |顯示全部帖子
for KCS, from my understanding, they have english everyday for 30 mins or so by NET.

發表於 10-12-13 09:29 |顯示全部帖子
The length of ENG exposure increase from K1 to K3. Refer discussion below.

http://forum.edu-kingdom.com/viewthread.php?tid=2261095&extra=page%3D1

發表於 10-12-13 10:06 |顯示全部帖子
I also went to KCS interview.  So many foreigners applying this school (much more than Vic and dunno for RHS).  I guess the learning environment is more 'international' which I like very much.  but the campus is pretty old.

Victoria is very good. All my friends kids studying there are happy, smart and mature.  Their toys are new.  Campus is clean and have large variety of toys that I never seen in other schools we went to.

發表於 10-12-13 10:07 |顯示全部帖子
Thank you, everyone!
I am glad to know more from you all, really helpful! I personally still prefer RHS, but my wife thinks that it is not appropiate to let a 3 year-old girl ride school bus alone.
She is a Korean, so that maybe she does not know in HK it is quite common.
Doremi08, please let me know about your final decision later, maybe we can meet up in the same school and make friends with each other.
I am a teacher working for an IB international school, my daughter will be an IB student later, hopefully, but first, I want her to build up stronger foundation of Chinese and English.

發表於 10-12-13 10:28 |顯示全部帖子

回復 8# Jiyee 的帖子

Hi Jiyee,

Which IS are you teaching if you don't mind to share? I wish to put my girl to int'l school but can't afford in long run. So prefer to save $$ now then hopefully can send her o/s during high school or uni

Actually my girl attending N class in RHS now and I like the environment that's why I put her there. She is enjoying taking school bus, maybe she likes to watch the scenery along the way. Make sure your kid like it too then it won't be a problem.

For your info: school bus pick up student from Kornhill at 7.50am (maybe a bit too early) and drop off at 12.30pm

While in my stop, the school bus arrive 8.15am and drop off at 12.45pm. Perfect for me because my girl can take a bit of nap on the way back.

發表於 10-12-13 12:44 |顯示全部帖子

回復 1# DoReMi2008 的帖子

Thanks again, Doremi08!

I'd love to tell you about my school in person, but not on this internet, hope you can kindly understand my concern here!

However, if you want to know more about IS and/or IB education, I am more than happy to answer.

Most of the IS students, as you might have known, are not very good at Chinese, that is why I want to build up the language foundation of my little one first.

What do you think about the RHS primary? I've heard that there are only 2 classes with less than 20 students/each. To me, it sounds like an ideal class size, and I don't really care about the reason why, as I believe at the stage of Year 1 or 2, class size also means quality teaching and learning.

Feed me back, please. Many thanks again, everyone!

發表於 10-12-13 14:52 |顯示全部帖子

回復 10# Jiyee 的帖子

No worry.

I am not too sure about RHS primary, that's why I am considering to put my girl to other kinder. To be honest, my preference is either KCS or maybe Sacred Heart if get accepted.

Keep my finger cross

發表於 10-12-14 12:15 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 3# DoReMi2008 的文章

HI DoReMi 2008

Then will u consider st clare's? My daughter is also accepted by st clare and now studying in RHS PN (reserved for K1 already).  I also not sure about the quality of RHS primary school, but i know not many students in its primary section now, so wonder whether it is gd or not? And i think st clare's primary school is much better? Also st clare's sec school is much better than RHS sec school, though st clare sec school not v gd.  And i also prefer st clare than KCS. My impression to KCS teachers not so gd... So which one will u choose?

發表於 10-12-14 12:42 |顯示全部帖子
KCS 沒有功課壓力, K2才開始寫字, 每日一版中文或英文, 去到 K3都一樣. 所謂一版都只是幾個字, 好快就會完成.
K3 也沒有默書, 小朋友讀得很開心, 每個小朋友去到 K3都會識講識聽普通話.
毎間學校都會有好老師和不好的老師, 不過, 我的囡囡三年裏遇到的老師, 全部都是好老師.
每天都有英文NET, 由K1的 30分鐘到 K3的一個鐘. 相比很多學校, 已經好很多.
KCS 小學係私校, 可以照考做 BACK UP 而無需放棄大抽獎. 雖然中學是BAND 3, 但是因為中學派位成績理想, 所以很多人都喜歡讀KCS. 如果希望子/女在輕鬆輸快的環境之下成長, 而在普通話及英文方面又得很適當的發展, KCS 很適合你.
教育局規定所有有學劵的幼稚園, K1都不能學寫字, 不可以有考試默書, 但是RHS 全部都有. 他們所謂的評估, 是有範圍需要溫習的, 要做 PAPER 的, 個人覺得跟考試無異.
小學是私校, 但是如果註冊了RHS 小學, 便要放棄大抽獎. 如果家長追求快人一步, 理想逹到, 想子/女早些學寫字讀書, 默書考試的, RHS 便很適合你.

原帖由 DoReMi2008 於 10-12-12 21:18 發表
Me too, my girl is accepted by RHS, St Clare and we went to KCS interview on Sat too.

Victoria is good but toooo expensive as this kindergarten doesn't accept voucher and the environment is too smal ...

發表於 10-12-14 12:42 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 A9109494 於 10-12-14 12:15 發表
HI DoReMi 2008

Then will u consider st clare's? My daughter is also accepted by st clare and now studying in RHS PN (reserved for K1 already).  I also not sure about the quality of RHS primary school ...

Hi DoReMi2008 and A9109494. I read that both of you have daughters studying at RHS PN and got offers from St. Clare's. Same for me and I pm you two asking for sharing of opinions as I don't want to discuss this issue in this page which asks about KCS, RHS and VC initially. Please check pm. Thanks.

發表於 10-12-14 12:46 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 14# fefemom 的文章

Sorry I am new to this so I don't know what and how to chk pm

Would love to share ideas with all of you too.

[ 本帖最後由 DoReMi2008 於 10-12-14 14:21 編輯 ]

發表於 10-12-14 14:51 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 1# DoReMi2008 的文章

Hi everyone, any topic is welcome here! No worries!

I particularly want to know more about RHS primary school, please kindly feed me back, many thanks!

If there are some RHS parents, please also feel free to join this community, let's exchange more info about the school.

Thanks again, have a nice day!

發表於 10-12-14 22:50 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 Jiyee 於 10-12-14 14:51 發表
Hi everyone, any topic is welcome here! No worries!

I particularly want to know more about RHS primary school, please kindly feed me back, many thanks!

If there are some RHS parents, please also fee ...

Hi, Jiyee. My daughter is attending RHS pre-nursery. The environment and organization are good. My girl settled in quite well and is enjoying school very much. I learned that RHS kinder graduates are strong in English and PTH due to their teaching. I heard that their primary school is OKish but many good students leave for other secondary schools. That speaks for the secondary school standard.

So my opinion is that if you do not need to worry about primary and secondary (maybe going to IS?), then RHS certainly is an ideal place for kindergarten.

As for the trip to school, actually RHS is about one of the several schools running their own schoolbuses. I notice that their drivers keep to the speed limit and drive safely compared to some other "schoolbuses" run by private companies and nannybuses. Also they provide better seatbelts (rather than the round the waist type) for kindergarten kids. They cover many districts with many stops. I am satisfied with their service.

I have not applied to the other two schools you mentioned. I can't really comment on them. Victoria certainly is very different from schools with religious background, so I learned from my colleague whose daughter briefly attended Victoria pre-nursery.

發表於 10-12-15 00:00 |顯示全部帖子
My son got the AM offer in RHS, I also want to know more about RHS kinder, pls feel free to share.  Not sure if our child will be classmate very soon!

發表於 10-12-15 11:28 |顯示全部帖子
My younger daughter is now studying in RHS pre-nursery.  It is a v gd kindergarten . I am v satisfied with this school. It is v well organised and always updates what the students learnt in school.  And it provides a lot of materials (bks , self -made bks, cards etc) to the kids! If no need to consider other factors, I can say it is even much better than HKPS or SPK (my elder daughter studied in them) !

醒目開學勳章

發表於 10-12-15 14:53 |顯示全部帖子
住康山, 車程去玫瑰崗的而且確係一個問題!  你有無問過校車幾點pickup你小朋友?  for 幼稚園學校環境, 我覺得玫瑰崗係首選, 次選係蘇浙, 最後如果你一心囡囡日後讀國際學校, 才會選擇維多利亞!

[ 本帖最後由 lyhv 於 10-12-15 14:54 編輯 ]