用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 小一選校 Offer received from SSCPS today!
樓主: DooChoi
go

Offer received from SSCPS today!

發表於 10-12-2 21:38 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 4# Fushia 的文章

Hi Fushia, our second interview was on Nov 18th. Keeping our fingers crossed and checking mailbox every day!

發表於 10-12-2 21:47 |顯示全部帖子
My girl went for 2nd interview on 26 Nov and we got letter of offer today. Post stamp stated 1 dec.

發表於 10-12-2 22:13 |顯示全部帖子
Congratulation GENY! Our kids will be schoolmates!
原帖由 GENY 於 10-12-2 21:47 發表
My girl went for 2nd interview on 26 Nov and we got letter of offer today. Post stamp stated 1 dec.

發表於 10-12-2 22:15 |顯示全部帖子
According to the school information, a whole series of orientation will start 15 Jan 2011.

發表於 10-12-2 22:38 |顯示全部帖子
Congratulations to all kids and their parents who are admitted by the school!  I am so jealous nei, be honest ...
BTW, it seems this school is very considerate.  They don't want to keep parents waiting and has chosen to minimise the time between second-round interviews and notification of admission, hence shortening the feeling of uncertainty on the part of parents.  The downside may be the chance of those in the later second-round will be affected by the extent to which places have already been offered.  Thinking this way, the school may have already had their priority list of some 120-150 students only instead of 300 students, which is what they say in public, for second-round interview.

發表於 10-12-2 23:26 |顯示全部帖子
We received the offer letter today (2nd interview 19 Nov PM).  
Any existing parents of SSCPS to provide some insights as to various aspects of the school, such as conduct/discipline, academic development, extracurricular activities, etc.  I pay special attention to students' behaviour and conduct.  We are still considering whether we should take this offer as we will have to give up Wah Yan's place if we decide to register at SSCPS.

發表於 10-12-2 23:43 |顯示全部帖子
Congratulations!!

原帖由 thomasha 於 10-12-2 23:26 發表
Any existing parents of SSCPS to provide some insights as to various aspects of the school, such as conduct/discipline, academic develop ...

發表於 10-12-3 00:06 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 2# thomasha 的文章

Of course Wah Yan la.  Congratulation anyway!

發表於 10-12-3 00:23 |顯示全部帖子
My daughter has got the offer today (2nd interview on 22 Nov pm) and has to register on 7 Dec.  We are also considering whether to take this offer as my daughter has got an offer in 協恩.  We are concerned about the conduct of SSCPS's students and whether most of them come from very rich families.  Any urgent advice?

發表於 10-12-3 00:28 |顯示全部帖子
May I ask why you would choose Wah Yan, especially with regard to conduct, discipline, academic achievement, extracurricular activities, etc.?
原帖由 fredkong01 於 10-12-3 00:06 發表
Of course Wah Yan la.  Congratulation anyway!

發表於 10-12-3 00:29 |顯示全部帖子
We are not rich at all.
原帖由 ChingHinW 於 10-12-3 00:23 發表
My daughter has got the offer today (2nd interview on 22 Nov pm) and has to register on 7 Dec.  We are also considering whether to take this offer as my daughter has got an offer in 協恩.  We are conc ...

發表於 10-12-3 00:42 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 26# thomasha 的文章

I suppose you will give up Wah Yan when you got a offer from SSCPS or YW??
We also had such struggle before the 1st interview.  But after talking to the students during the interview day, we had no doubt and we sure that this school is an excellent school not only the nice school environment, but also the students performed very good as observed.
My child loved this school  more than the others (e.g. SPCC).  We wanted our child studying in one school that she loved most.  
For us, SSCPS is the best and we would not consider other schools if SSCPS gave an offer to my child.

發表於 10-12-3 00:52 |顯示全部帖子
I will have to give up Wah Yan if I accept the offer from SSCPS or Ying Wa.  The offer itself does not trigger the cancellation of Wah Yan's place automatically.

I don't struggle until I have to, i.e. when I am given an offer.  Too many struggles ahead, we must save our effort for the most worthy ones.
原帖由 lovestephen 於 10-12-3 00:42 發表
I suppose you will give up Wah Yan when you got a offer from SSCPS or YW??
We also had such struggle before the 1st interview.  But after talking to the students during the interview day, we had no do ...

發表於 10-12-3 00:57 |顯示全部帖子
what about when comparing SSCPS and st stephen's girls ? Would it be wiser to put my girl in st stephen's girls which i am for sure my 2nd and 3rd girl would be in as well? Also, hkd 55000 is only for next yr primary 1, but who knows what would it be like when they all reach secondary, plus all the inflation and increase in school fees every yr...I am really having a hard time deciding...please advice..

發表於 10-12-3 01:30 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 33# thomasha 的文章

我都明白的.  這些我們之前都有考慮過.  因為6年加起來的費用確實很大. 但我們只是普通的家庭.而且當大女能進入一間良好的津貼學校時, 將來細女便不用再想了.
但當見到女兒很清楚和堅定地表示很想讀這間學校時,我們已沒有其他疑慮了.現只是擔心學校不取錄.
客觀地說, 如有弟弟的話, 華仁確實是很好的選擇. 我聽朋友說,學習上並沒有想像中大壓力,男生會較粗魯,但並沒有太大行為問題.因我的是女兒, 故其他方面不太清楚.
事實上, 我相信你已搜集和分析過各間學校的優劣,只是一些間難以下決定. 希望你可與兒子傾談,看看他的想法,再決定一所適合他的學校.

發表於 10-12-3 02:01 |顯示全部帖子
Hi GENY,
First of all, I think both school are great.
I see your struggle. Burden in raising 3 kids is really huge. Besides, who want to play this game again and again. Siblings get only little advantages in entering DSS or Private school.
I choose SSCPS because I found this school can provide a more all-round environment and yet not driving the kids and parents crazy. They try to go in-between local and international school, getting the goodness from both systems. I like also the English/ PTH teaching. The 2 students I met in 1st interview were great.
More important, my son love this school after watching its DVD and visiting the school. He prefer co-ed school and so am I (I was in a co-ed primary but girl secondary).
I am still waiting result from CKY which I like it very much also. But I made up my mind as we live in Hong Kong Island.
This is only my personal opinion. Sure different people will have their own preference.
原帖由 GENY 於 10-12-3 00:57 發表
what about when comparing SSCPS and st stephen's girls ? Would it be wiser to put my girl in st stephen's girls which i am for sure my 2nd and 3rd girl would be in as well? Also, hkd 55000 is only for ...

發表於 10-12-3 02:05 |顯示全部帖子
Me too
原帖由 thomasha 於 10-12-3 00:29 發表
We are not rich at all.

發表於 10-12-3 09:43 |顯示全部帖子
Congratulations to all of you! 真的很羨慕!我跟女兒視這間學校為首選,不過沒有機會入2nd in,看來是小女各方面都不夠突出。希望你們的小朋友都能在這間學校渡過愉快的時光。

發表於 10-12-3 14:50 |顯示全部帖子
Congrats thomasha! 好心有好報, you are a good guy and your son deserves seats from the good schools. I'm still waiting for the reply from SSCPS, hope I can share the good news here soon!

原帖由 thomasha 於 10-12-2 23:26 發表
Any existing parents of SSCPS to provide some insights as to various aspects of the school, such as conduct/discipline, academic develop ...

發表於 10-12-3 14:53 |顯示全部帖子
Thank you for your kind words.  Good luck in receiving good news soon!
原帖由 xiaoyuma 於 10-12-3 14:50 發表
Congrats thomasha! 好心有好報, you are a good guy and your son deserves seats from the good schools. I'm still waiting for the reply from SSCPS, hope I can share the good news here soon!