搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 Kornhill Int'l
樓主: yame
go

Kornhill Int'l [複製鏈接]

81#
發表於 10-12-7 10:10 |只看該作者
原帖由 LittleVal 於 10-12-7 08:33 發表
Yame, i trust they will move pm kids to am 1st so not to worry! n i give up dreaming of getting an am offer! we went for 3 interviews, 2 passed n i failed!

my last hope now is victoria, hope to impro ...

Hi LittleVal, which 2 PN has your kid passed?  
We will have an interview with Creativity on Dec 21.  But don't think I will pay the fee on the spot.  Hopefully there will be one or two more interviews next year with 北角衞理 and 明慧, but these are a bit far for me.  So, even they may accept my son, he may be too small to go to those schools in school bus.  So, Kornhill looks like the final answer for me!

[ 本帖最後由 yame 於 10-12-7 10:12 編輯 ]

82#
發表於 10-12-7 11:46 |只看該作者
Yame,

my girl got offers from Creativity and Man Sang.

If I were you, I will definitely pick Kornhill! But it's not bad to bring your boy to have more interviews just to meet more ppl n have fun!

Creativity one is a casual one, just asked my girl to do puzzles, asked her to point to dad n mum, where the body parts are, n gave her a car n asked her what it is.... also asked if she can give the car back to the teacher.

Then let her play with the toys/read books and ask the parents some questions.

Did Kornhill ask you n your hubby a lot of questions?  We were only asked one or two questions, so it's hard for us to give a good impression to the teacher! Sometimes it depends on the teacher's interviewing style..... anyways..... it is what it is...

83#
發表於 10-12-8 01:20 |只看該作者
原帖由 LittleVal 於 10-12-7 11:46 發表
Yame,

my girl got offers from Creativity and Man Sang.

If I were you, I will definitely pick Kornhill! But it's not bad to bring your boy to have more interviews just to meet more ppl n have fun!

C ...

Hi LittleVal,

As I remember, the teacher asked like 4-5 questions, e.g. who looks after the child at home, what is the language used at home, what language can my child speak, why we knew about the school etc.  She then asked if we have any questions.  So, we asked 2-3 questions as well.  There was no testing like walking up a slope, as we were interviewed in a classroom that mainly had chairs, tables and some toys only.

[ 本帖最後由 yame 於 10-12-8 10:41 編輯 ]

84#
發表於 10-12-8 10:42 |只看該作者
BTW, the teacher also asked if we bring our kid to playgroup, and which playgroup is it.

85#
發表於 10-12-8 11:26 |只看該作者

回復 1# yame 的帖子

yame, do u speak english to your boy at home?

86#
發表於 10-12-8 15:10 |只看該作者
Hi LittleVal,

I try to speak to him in English at home.  But in fact, as I am native Hong Kong people, so I have to admit that it is difficult to talk to him in 100% English.

But at least we try to train him to be bi-lingual.  My maid also speaks both English and Cantonese.  But for sure that both her English and Cantonese are not good.

[ 本帖最後由 yame 於 10-12-8 15:27 編輯 ]

87#
發表於 10-12-9 11:29 |只看該作者

回復 1# yame 的帖子

yame, i wonder if they like kids that use english as first language....

i told them we use cantonese in general, but will read to her in english.

88#
發表於 10-12-10 09:53 |只看該作者
before the interview, i read some old discussion threads that the mama said Kornhill Int'l concerned about the language used at home.  so, i did tell them that i speak to my son in English at home, but we also use Cantonese.

89#
發表於 10-12-10 10:05 |只看該作者

回復 88# yame 的帖子

I told the interviewer i speak cantonese at home to my son. : (

90#
發表於 10-12-10 16:52 |只看該作者

回復 2# yame 的帖子

then finally i know why we failed, with a "good" reason....

no wonder after i said we used cantonese in general, but will read to hear in english..... i was not asked any more question!
‹ 上一主題|下一主題