搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 Kornhill Int'l
樓主: yame
go

Kornhill Int'l [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 10-11-24 16:16 |只看該作者
原帖由 twllc 於 10-11-24 15:24 發表
Yame, I can't recall her name, but she looks like Japanese.

Was it Ms. Jina?  I did feel that the Western teachers looked more friendly.  But as long as they do not show a "black" face, it is good enough!  : )

22#
發表於 10-11-25 08:54 |只看該作者
I can't really remember, but seems like Ms Jina.

Yame, are your bb small b? As my son is super small b, it is difficult to find a school. I've also applied the Creativity but no any response till now.

原帖由 yame 於 10-11-24 16:16 發表

Was it Ms. Jina?  I did feel that the Western teachers looked more friendly.  But as long as they do not show a "black" face, it is good enough!  : )

23#
發表於 10-11-25 10:14 |只看該作者
We had interview yesterday afternoon (I was told we applied late, so Sat interview time slot was full, so we have to do it yesterday).

I think the chance is slim too.... given the interview time fell on my girl's nap time, she was quite sleepy during the interview.  

The interviewer was also an Asian (I forgot her name), she did not really smile, but when my girl completed a task, she did say good job, guess it's just her style for not smiling =)

And I think the interview is quite difficult as compared to the others i went.  Fingers crossed, but I m not too optimistic about getting an offer.  But i really got an offer from Creativity am, and waiting for Man Sang in North Point, so i'll just let it be.

24#
發表於 10-11-25 10:15 |只看該作者
Though i like Kornhill very much....

25#
發表於 10-11-25 11:00 |只看該作者
原帖由 twllc 於 10-11-25 08:54 發表
I can't really remember, but seems like Ms Jina.

Yame, are your bb small b? As my son is super small b, it is difficult to find a school. I've also applied the Creativity but no any response till now ...

My bb is 0908, not too small, but just marginal.  So, what can you expect from a 14-month old baby during the interview?!  :)

I will go for Creativity interview on Dec 21 (but not sure why it falls on a weekday)...

26#
發表於 10-11-25 11:05 |只看該作者
原帖由 LittleVal 於 10-11-25 10:14 發表
We had interview yesterday afternoon (I was told we applied late, so Sat interview time slot was full, so we have to do it yesterday).

I think the chance is slim too.... given the interview time fell ...

What did she ask your child to do?  The teacher did not ask my baby much.  Seems that she wanted to speak to the parents more.  So you have paid the 留位費 + school uniform fee at Creativity???

BTW, how is Munsang in North Point?  I did not apply for it and I only learnt about it recently...

27#
發表於 10-11-25 11:27 |只看該作者
my b is 0905 b, so i guess they expect her to know more!

she was asked to do puzzles, walked up a small slope, n jumped down the steps (my girl does not know how to jump yet, so she just walked down), etc....

the arrangement is quite bad though, when my girl was doing puzzle, another candidate was walking up the slope at the back, so she was distracted, and wanted to move there (she likes walking so much), so not sure if this would give a bad impression to the interviewer.  Anyways she is just a 1.5 year old kid, i think it's natural to be distracted this way!  We were asked for 2-3 questions only.

Yes, i paid for Creavitiy already, since we need to confirm before interviewing Musang and Kornhill, no choice.  But honestly this is just a backup.  The teachers there are very nice n caring, yet, the campus is too small, and i guess they dun hv native english teachers?

Musang was quite good in terms of the campus, quite spacious (but a little smaller than Kornhill), very bright, and the teachers are nice too.  They also have native english teachers, N1 class will have 1 cantonese speaking class teacher, n 1 native english class teacher, for the 3 hours, 1/2 english class and 1/2 chinese class, think this is quite good.
The bad thing is the school is on 2nd floor, so dun know how they manage to get the kids to walk up (if they go by school bus), or if there is any safety issue.  I will need to find out more if my girl is admitted before i decide to pay the 留位費 or not.. Should hear from them this week.

原帖由 yame 於 10-11-25 11:05 發表

What did she ask your child to do?  The teacher did not ask my baby much.  Seems that she wanted to speak to the parents more.  So you have paid the 留位費 + school uniform fee at Creativity???

BTW ...

28#
發表於 10-11-25 15:52 |只看該作者
原帖由 LittleVal 於 10-11-25 11:27 發表
my b is 0905 b, so i guess they expect her to know more!

she was asked to do puzzles, walked up a small slope, n jumped down the steps (my girl does not know how to jump yet, so she just walked down) ...

wow, it sounds like the interview was really difficult!  they only asked my boy to stack some blocks and recognize some numbers or pictures.

Munsang seems to be good.  Too bad that I did not apply for it...

So far I have only interviewed at 北角合一堂 and Kornhill Int'l.  No news from Ming Wai.  The Creativity interview upcoming.  北角衞理堂 will be in Feb 2011 (just learnt from Web site).  I have also applied for 寶寶 which they will announce results in Jan.  Seems that I don't have many choices...  Just hope that Kornhill can accept my boy.

29#
發表於 10-11-25 18:45 |只看該作者
原帖由 yame 於 10-11-25 15:52 發表

wow, it sounds like the interview was really difficult!  they only asked my boy to stack some blocks and recognize some numbers or pictures.

Munsang seems to be good.  Too bad that I did not apply  ...

I guess luck plays an important role for an interview, if we meet a harsh interviewer, have a bad time slot, it makes it very difficult for the kids, anyways, i m not too optimistic about getting the Kornhill offer!  Hope your boy gets it!

But I just get the Musang one this afternoon, guess I will just pay the registration fee first before deciding whether to go Creativity or Musang.  Of course I will look for other better choice

Looks like you have applied quite a number of them.  Are you applying Victoria?  Actually I like both Kornhill and Victoria...  So far i just applied for Creativity, Musang and Kornhill, will apply Victoria as well.  I actually don't want to go too far away from home.

30#
發表於 10-11-26 10:25 |只看該作者
原帖由 LittleVal 於 10-11-25 18:45 發表

I guess luck plays an important role for an interview, if we meet a harsh interviewer, have a bad time slot, it makes it very difficult for the kids, anyways, i m not too optimistic about getting th ...

Victoria (middle-Kornhill) is the closest to my home.  However, as my boy is 0908, they require us to send someone to accompany the boy and stay at the school for the first 2 months!  It is totally ridiculous for me.  I want my boy to learn independence.  

So I did not apply for it.

31#
發表於 10-11-26 11:15 |只看該作者
原帖由 yame 於 10-11-26 10:25 發表

Victoria (middle-Kornhill) is the closest to my home.  However, as my boy is 0908, they require us to send someone to accompany the boy and stay at the school for the first 2 months!  It is totally  ...

oh by the time your boy starts N1, he is already 2, so i think it shd be ok... it's strange they still ask for an adult to stay with your boy!

talking about independence, the playgroup teacher told me my girl is too independent n i need to train her up!  during playgroup, the parents are asked to sit on the side and let the kids play by themselves, but my girl always comes over n stick to me!!! i need to play harder to make her more independent!

32#
發表於 10-11-26 12:20 |只看該作者

回覆 30# yame 的文章

I applied Victoria, becoz I think it has the best reputation around my home. If it accepts my son, I'll ask my mother or mother in law to accompany him to class. I think it is by law that for child under 2 year old to go to class needed to have a adult to accompany with.

33#
發表於 10-11-26 15:44 |只看該作者
原帖由 turtlelau 於 10-11-26 12:20 發表
I applied Victoria, becoz I think it has the best reputation around my home. If it accepts my son, I'll ask my mother or mother in law to accompany him to class. I think it is by law that for child un ...

Hi TurtleLau, my niece is attending Victoria N1 this year.  She was a 0808 baby and there was no requirement to have an adult to accompany her in class.  But Victoria just changed the rule for next year's N1!  

I won't have a close family member to go with my boy.  I only have a jeje, but I don't want my boy to rely on jeje all the time.  So, I am not going to apply for Victoria.  You are so good that you can have your moms to help you!  My mom or mother-in-law are both old or live far away from me.

34#
發表於 10-11-26 16:35 |只看該作者

回覆 33# yame 的文章

Hi Yame, I see. Then, what school did you applied? I have applied the followings, but so far I didn't receive any offer.
1.Victoria
2. Ming wei
3. Rosaryhill
4. St Anna
5. Man Sang
6. North point methodist church
7.Creative
8. Kornhill int'l

35#
發表於 10-11-26 23:38 |只看該作者
原帖由 turtlelau 於 10-11-26 16:35 發表
Hi Yame, I see. Then, what school did you applied? I have applied the followings, but so far I didn't receive any offer.
1.Victoria
2. Ming wei
3. Rosaryhill
4. St Anna
5. Man Sang
6. North point meth ...

Hi TurtleLau,

I have applied these N1:

1. Kornhill int'l2. Creativity
3. Bobo
4. Ming wei
5. North Point Hop Yat Church
6. North point methodist church

36#
發表於 10-11-27 18:06 |只看該作者

回覆 35# yame 的文章

I received offer from Ming Wei. But it is international section full day. We will consider to accept it if it can be changed to AM class. But also receive reject letter from Rosaryhill.

37#
發表於 10-11-28 22:45 |只看該作者

回覆 35# yame 的文章

Yame, why don't you apply St. Anna?

38#
發表於 10-11-29 12:33 |只看該作者
原帖由 turtlelau 於 10-11-28 22:45 發表
Yame, why don't you apply St. Anna?

Oh my niece studied there as she lives in TKS.  I live in Kornhill and St Anna is a bit far for me.  Also, my father-in-law always compared my son with my niece.  I do not want them to go to the same school as my father-in-law is so biased on my niece and he always "praised" how good my niece is.  I don't want him to say anything bad about my son in front of my son or the family.

What a complicated reason!  

39#
發表於 10-11-29 17:54 |只看該作者

回覆 38# yame 的文章

Oh, I understand now. Then, what is your 1st choice? Do you think BoBo is as good as St. Anna?

40#
發表於 10-11-30 11:53 |只看該作者
原帖由 turtlelau 於 10-11-29 17:54 發表
Oh, I understand now. Then, what is your 1st choice? Do you think BoBo is as good as St. Anna?

I think Bobo is quite local.  St Anna has international stream.
But I guess both schools are good, as I have not heard any bad comments of them so far.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題