搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 從本地小學轉讀國際學校?
樓主: mattmame
go

從本地小學轉讀國際學校?

發表於 11-1-26 22:02 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 mattmame 於 11-1-26 11:10 發表
我和我的孩子都是學本地中文和英式的數學.

不過呀仔轉到新校之後, 就要適應美式的, 真的有點不習慣, 就像乘數的概念都有著不同的教法.現在還在適應當中.

當然國地的數學有所不同, 大人看下去可以話大至相同, 但小 ...

I went through the school system in Hong kong before moved on to the US for college.  While studying in the US, I worked as a part-time math tutor for high school students.  I did not notice any difference in the math here in HK and the US - algebra is still algebra, geometry is still geomerty.

發表於 11-1-28 07:52 |顯示全部帖子

回復 59# mattmame 的帖子

The math is no different, the language is no different.  Like many said here, math is a universal language.  There's just different way of teaching.

Many parents think it's easier to go to IS and they don't have to keep an eye on the child's work... it's a HUGE misunderstanding.  IS encourages exploration, creativity and being an all-rounder to explore the child's potential.  It doesn't mean that you don't have to guide the child and help with his projects!

發表於 11-1-28 09:00 |顯示全部帖子

回復 1# lottieclee 的帖子

I know one  IS does not use text book and exercise book for Math in primary, only assign homework once a week and has a vague Math curriculum. Is that common  in other IS?

How do  parents track the progress of the kid in the subject, other than practice by  excercise books bought  from bookshop?

[ 本帖最後由 acdad 於 11-1-28 09:01 編輯 ]