用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 聖士提反書院附屬小學 四大天王: 東男拔, 西女拔, 南聖小, 北保羅 ...
查看: 50967|回覆: 256
go

四大天王: 東男拔, 西女拔, 南聖小, 北保羅

發表於 10-10-29 02:25 |顯示全部帖子
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

發表於 10-10-29 04:16 |顯示全部帖子

發表於 10-10-29 09:02 |顯示全部帖子
哈哈!你吾做seller浪費左(講笑)!多謝你介紹得甘詳細,呢間都係我好心儀學校,我地住新界都applied,甘好慨學校,收我個寶貝我會搬屋。
Message Board Code

發表於 10-10-29 09:34 |顯示全部帖子
Agreed this is a very good school.  Don't just stay in the past and compared the results / student quality of 10 years ago.  They changed a lot for recent yeaers.

發表於 10-10-29 09:35 |顯示全部帖子
Hi,

Is your kid studying in this school?  It seems you know more than the current parents there, ha ha...

發表於 10-10-29 10:02 |顯示全部帖子

發表於 10-10-29 10:52 |顯示全部帖子
Yes, Mr Yip is graduted from St. Stephen's College.

http://www.ssc.edu.hk/images/newspaper/291012_mingpao.jpg

原帖由 wootaitai 於 10-10-29 10:02 發表
you mean 葉問 graduated from St Stephens? >

發表於 10-10-29 12:53 |顯示全部帖子
Don't mean to pour cold water - but I don't think many parents will give up places in the other 3 schools for St Stephen's while most will give up St Stephen's to go to the other 3!
Having said that St Stephen's is still a good school.

發表於 10-10-29 14:09 |顯示全部帖子

發表於 10-10-29 14:56 |顯示全部帖子

發表於 10-10-29 14:58 |顯示全部帖子

發表於 10-10-29 15:02 |顯示全部帖子

發表於 10-10-29 15:26 |顯示全部帖子
I appreciate your strong passion about SSPCPS. But you don't need to underplay the status of other elite schools. Using Chinese as the primary teaching medium at junior primary section, and transitioning to English at senior grades does not necessarily give rise to lower academic standard. From students' learning perspective, the outcome might be the other way around - the result speaks itself.
Bottomline is whether their students can maintain their English standard.

Education is a positive cycle: when the result is good, the school will attract the best students, and the vice versa.

原帖由 PhdJessiema 於 10-10-29 14:09 發表
I agreed with U. Most of the parents just focused on the HKCEE results, i.e. academic focus. They have an inclination of training up a professionals or some-what mult-talents. But how about training u ...

發表於 10-10-29 15:43 |顯示全部帖子
This kind of frenetic selling of a school may well produce an exactly opposite effect that the writer may aim at. Can't understand the purpose behind.

原帖由 PhdJessiema 於 10-10-29 14:09 發表
I agreed with U. Most of the parents just focused on the HKCEE results, i.e. academic focus. They have an inclination of training up a professionals or some-what mult-talents. But how about training u ...

發表於 10-10-29 16:02 |顯示全部帖子
No matter how hard you sale, currently St Stephen's still cannot be considered to be on the same level as the other 3, let alone being top of the list!
I do know a few St Stephen's parents, & every one of them conceded that their kids study at St Stephen's because they were rejected by 1 or 2 of the other 3 schools.

發表於 10-10-29 20:13 |顯示全部帖子
PhdJessisema,  

看來你對SSCPS特別推祟喎~~  你的PRESENTATION SKILL禁特別, 好似要人不認同你不可. 不過你花了這麼多時間撰寫, 分析, 值得一讚. 言論有自由啊 :)

作為ST. STEPHEN 今年G1的家長, 容許我說幾句吧, 不合聽的請諒.  我個人認為最好的學校就是最適合小朋友素質的學校, 而且還要配合整個家庭的運作.  間間學校都有追棒者,各有優點, 各取所需.

小女很幸運地獲樓主所提及的學校同時取錄, 但最後選了SSCPS.  起初本人都15, 16擔心下錯決定, 不能回頭. 但開課至今有2個月了, 小女也適應下來, 我很高興見她能侮天都歡喜地告訴我所見所聞.

依我所見,學校有它一套方法去引導孩子亙相學習, 變得更乖, 更叻.  天天都有特定閱讀時間, 一星期讀中文書, 一星期讀英文書. 上中文課一定要說PTH, 上英文, 數學, 常識課一定要說英文, 體育,音樂, 聖經課要用廣東話.  賞罰分明, 學生有表紀錄乖或不乖, 最乖的1男1女便可做下個月份的班長.  

英文科選用英國的教科書, Launch into Literacy及New Grammer Time.  個個星期都有寫JOURNAL呀, 默書呀. 英文程度比較深,中文及數學跟傳統學校差不多.

我很欣賞它們有自己的飯堂煮飯, 兩餸一湯,很健康的. 還有不同年級的姐姐哥哥同枱食飯, 照顧年幼的,更可亙相學習, 很WARM呀.

如果侮週分組比賽, 最乖, 即勝出的組別可以獎去沙灘玩, 去魚池等地方玩.

功課方面, 量不太多, 如果小朋友在校快手做好, 回家做20分鐘便完成. 剩下的時間可看吓書, 玩吓, 輕鬆吓.  很高興看到孩子有進步, 回家自動自覺做好功課, 執好明天的書包, 還主動要求幫她練習默書.  能培養小朋友有良好的學習動機, 學校應記一功啊!

個人認為不同小朋友所需所長也有所不同, 按他們的素質去教養便是最好的.  將來的世界發展怎樣都難料, 給他們幸福是最重要的, 成龍成鳳, 不管太多了.

希望能給對SSCPS有興趣的家長多一些了解吧.

發表於 10-10-29 20:57 |顯示全部帖子
When compared with other 3 schools, SSCPS gets less recognition from the public because not many people understand its merits. In fact, SSCPS is really popular among elite families. However, these kinds of parents are usually rather low-profile and don't say too much about the school. Therefore, I appreciated PhdJessisema's effort in introducing SSCPS here.

My kid is very happy in SSCPS and I am impressed by his progress in every aspect in the school. And, I would like to use this forum to express my gratitude for the efforts and the commitment of the teaching and non-teaching staff in SSCPS.

原帖由 PhdJessiema 於 10-10-29 02:25 發表
In town, there are real 四大天王 primary schools. They all share similar features and earned respectual recommendation from parents and the society. They are: SPCCPS, DBS, DGS and SSCP ...

發表於 10-10-29 22:58 |顯示全部帖子
Do you know how many people applied this year? Close to 2000? How many do they accept at the end? How many will they call for 2nd interview? Have they started calling already???

發表於 10-10-29 23:20 |顯示全部帖子

我的感想

剛巧路過這裡,看到各位家長的討論,也想分享我對「聖小」和聖士提反書院「聖書」的一些意見,以供各家長參考。

小兒在聖小度過六年時光,現就讀於聖書的中三。小兒的小學生活可以說是愉快、充實。學校的老師十分關心、愛護學生。功課不多,回家約一小時便能完成。學校的課外活動不少,小兒是合唱團和管弦樂團的團員,在訓練過程可學習到紀律和互相合作的重要性。學生的學術水平不弱,不過不會是全港頂尖的級數。中英文都不錯,但英文肯定沒DGPS的好,因DGPS是以英文為主,但普通話應有過之而無不及。小兒曾在街上給一內地人欄著問路,小兒的對答令該內地人以為小兒亦是內起人。我們到北京旅行時,北京人都認為小兒的普通話十分標準。不過小兒最懷念的是小六的寄宿生活。由於在校五年,且每兩年分班一次,所以小兒和全級大部份同學是認識的。他在寄宿的最大得著並不是學懂獨立(在校寄宿時可能非常獨立,但回到家中,由於有工人照顧,依賴性又會故態復萌),反而是寄宿生活令他可以與他的好朋友朝夕相對,同享喜怒哀樂,這是其他學校所不能有的。不過有小數同學會不適應寄宿生活的,特別是那些性格比較內向,朋友又少的小朋友。我曾經問過小兒他會否將他的學校推薦給其他小朋友,他毫不猶疑的說會全力推薦,顯然他是十分喜歡他的母校。按我的觀察,聖小的學生一般比較活潑、自信、樂觀,成績未必是頂尖級數,但在小學生涯能培養到這般性格,我都於願已足了。

已經說得太多,有機會再談談小兒這兩年多的中學生涯。

發表於 10-10-29 23:49 |顯示全部帖子
My daughter is currently G1 student at SSCPS.  She loves everything about the school.  She once told me: we have less carbon dioxide, because we have more trees.

Workload is manageable.  Example today (Friday), we only got 3 HW, in which 2 has been finished at school already.  Weekly dictation.  And quiz after a chapter is taught.

Proximity maybe the prime concern for most families.  But the school bus route covers nearly the whole HK Island.

I believe learning is a life-long process, may God guide all parents to find a suitable school for your kid!