用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 小一選校 Unfairness in Religion Mark and Parent relation Mark
樓主: Ving
go

Unfairness in Religion Mark and Parent relation Mark

發表於 10-10-2 00:32 |顯示全部帖子
我相信樓主是自己得基本分才吵的, 但我見有咁多人回 post解釋, 樓主都只自說自話, 要全民抽獎, 咁可唔可以想想人家的理據, 又想想教會的立場... 教會學校校長的收生權已比以前已少了很多, 政府已收了很多權.  OK, 你話不公平, 咁你試去CO-ED, 女拔, 看看有教會背景有沒有用?

政府的第二階段 的方法(亦即你喜歡的大抽獎) 試想你口中最公平的全港任抽, 咁你估X沙, 聖瑪X, marynoll 會點?? 吊命的學校會點?? 咁退一步, 是不是就是分區?  

又以考試為收生目標, 咁你覺得咁少個便要受考試洗禮, 來個升小試, 好嗎?  咁幼稚園會不會谷死細佬?  咁叫家長選, 要現在的還是要細佬考死好??

事實上, 我亦只有15分, 我好明白你的不滿, 但與其講什麼公平不公平的空話, 何不耫極一點, 好好考私小, 直資, 想想統一如何選校, 叩門如何準備啦, 這會不會對你的孩子更好??

發表於 10-10-2 00:35 |顯示全部帖子
For some people, it's easier and "more fashionable" to blame the government on every problem; they don't bother to find out what the core problem is and to which party the problem should be addressed to.  As I said in another thread, "lazy parents seldom get any reward."

I do agree that power of assessment should rest in the church/school's hands, because different churches may have different structures and verification procedures may need to differ.  The relevant criteria for entitlement of the 5 marks should be clearly stated in the individual school's web site or other public media to ensure transparency and fairness to all parents.

原帖由 DaddyX 於 10-10-2 00:15 發表

The church/school has now absolute power to give not give marks in round one when parents claim 宗教分. However, people keep blaming the wrong object - government.

Edb would very much like to remov ...

發表於 10-10-2 00:39 |顯示全部帖子
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

發表於 10-10-2 00:46 |顯示全部帖子
I think the initiator of this thread (Ving?) should consider opting for IS --> overseas route or the direct overseas studies route if he/she is so disappointed at HK's education system or, more precisely, the P1 admission system.  

The rules of the game are clearly set.  Play it or leave it.

[ 本帖最後由 thomasha 於 10-10-2 00:47 編輯 ]

發表於 10-10-2 00:57 |顯示全部帖子

發表於 10-10-2 01:36 |顯示全部帖子

發表於 10-10-2 04:39 |顯示全部帖子

cut funding to these schools

原帖由 DaddyX 於 10-10-2 00:15 發表

The church/school has now absolute power to give not give marks in round one when parents claim 宗教分. However, people keep blaming the wrong object - government.

Edb would very much like to remov ...

EDB should cut funding to schools which does not conform their requirements.  Very simple.  What is the official religion of HK?   

If the Church wants to provide a religious education to their followers then these schools should be made to go private.  Why does tax payers have to pay small no. of kids for the special treatment.   Parents wishing their kids attending gov schools to have a specific religious believe school can attend Sunday school, etc.  Religious education, Christianity, Muslim, etc.,  should be studied in Gov schools.   

I agree with brothers and sisters attending the same school and not with the rest points system.  Every kid (including brothers and sisters) should have the chance to enter the school chosen by their parents.    Current allocation does not align with current society's thinking.  

The religious red herring issue has been around for so long and parents /kids baptising solely for purpose P school has also existed.  Surely, the Church would like to have TRUE believers and do away with this 5 points?!

As another has pointed out its all about getting your kid into a superior P school and not about religion.   Its unfortunate that EDB does recognise that not all primary schools are equal and that there are some superior ones.  If the EDB did recognise superior P schools then they could try to replicate these schools and raise overall standards.

[ 本帖最後由 smartmatt 於 10-10-2 04:45 編輯 ]

發表於 10-10-2 07:55 |顯示全部帖子
Well said!  Undeniably centuries long ago missionaries are the kind ones to initiate and systemize many schools set-up and we need to appreciate. But does that appreciation essential to be in the form of extra points for religious followers?

And when the missionaries first arrived in new spots centuries ago (not just HK), I believe they in-took kids who were deprived of education opportunities, not kids who showed inclination to specific religion. That is what education is about - exposing kids to knowledge, regardless of background. Centuries after but why couldn't churches keep such mission consistent, open to spread their religious messages even to non-religious students, but instead to make education (to elite schools be specific) a privilege for its religious follows?

For schools run by other religions such as Buddhism, I wonder if they ever ask from EBD for extra points for its followers? Or they keep their education mission just intact?

In my concept, school is a platform to receive education on broad knowledge including to understand different religions. The line between religions and education opportunities shouldn't be tied in strong.

I agree very much that churches that want their associated schools to relate education with religion should go Private. I have no figure about exactly monetary fundings that church schools receive from churches, but once they receive gov't fundings, they should act like other religious schools to place no extra points to believers. Yes as tax-players, we need to ensure our money allocated on a fair basis.

原帖由 smartmatt 於 10-10-2 04:39 發表

EDB should cut funding to schools which does not conform their requirements.  Very simple.  What is the official religion of HK?   

If the Church wants to provide a religious education to their fo ...

發表於 10-10-2 07:58 |顯示全部帖子
Well said!  Undeniably centuries long ago missionaries are the kind ones to initiate and systemize many schools set-up and we need to appreciate. But does that appreciation essential to be in the form of extra points for religious followers?

And when the missionaries first arrived in new spots centuries ago (not just HK), I believe they in-took kids who were deprived of education opportunities, not kids who showed inclination to specific religion. That is what education is about - exposing kids to knowledge, regardless of background. Centuries after but why couldn't churches keep such mission consistent, open to spread their religious messages even to non-religious students, but instead to make education (to elite schools be specific) a privilege for its religious follows?

For schools run by other religions such as Buddhism, I wonder if they ever ask from EBD for extra points for its followers? Or they keep their education mission just intact?

In my concept, school is a platform to receive education on broad knowledge including to understand different religions. The line between religions and education opportunities shouldn't be tied in strong.

I agree very much that churches that want their associated schools to relate education with religion should go Private. I have no figures on monetary fundings that church schools receive from churches, but once they receive any gov't fundings, ideally they should act like other religious schools to place no extra points to believers. Yes as tax-players, we need to ensure our money allocated on a fair basis.

原帖由 smartmatt 於 10-10-2 04:39 發表

If the Church wants to provide a religious education to their fo ...

發表於 10-10-2 08:10 |顯示全部帖子

發表於 10-10-2 08:17 |顯示全部帖子

發表於 10-10-2 08:55 |顯示全部帖子
You put forward a realistic view but it's just sad to see such 角力 in religious and educational areas. If not a battle of views here, a battle of power/influence/control would always be somewhere.

原帖由 DaddyX 於 10-10-2 08:10 發表

無錯,會有好多人舉腳讚成
問題係你要講服教區放棄對呢5分的堅持
你做到edb會好多謝你

不過之前有香港區主教同edb角力開火威脅要停辦所有屬下教會學校,香港受得起呢個衝擊嗎

唔好講那5分是否應給/不應給
連根本有 ...

發表於 10-10-2 09:03 |顯示全部帖子

發表於 10-10-2 09:34 |顯示全部帖子
By "sad" I mean I don't agree w religious bodies to be so heavily involved in struggling for "privileges" mainly. Personally, if church-related-schools are that keen of having that marks for followers, I would be generously pass them that 5 marks.

And thanks for your constructive views to summarize. As parents, I think we should feel grateful for the education opportunity our kids are given. We can see the black and white, we can judge, we can argue, and ultimately, we should have a sense of gratitude.

發表於 10-10-2 09:46 |顯示全部帖子
今早睇報紙真係火都黎, 有部份家長出公海受洗拿5分宗教分. 本來我都贊成有宗教分(我唔係教徒), 但因為呢一群假教徒無疑令我無宗教背景的人更加難入教會學校 .

發表於 10-10-2 09:46 |顯示全部帖子
唔通你俾電視台"加左分",俾你先睹為快?哈哈

我都好想知,點解咁多投訴?係香港人淹尖,鍾意搵著數,定係政府定規矩時無sense,或者香港無良sales特別多?

多投訴好過無得投訴,只有發達國家先至會俾個安全o既環境俾人投訴,其他地方隨時石沉大海甚至被人拉。
原帖由 DaddyX 於 10-10-2 08:17 發表
大家不如睇下明日
星期日擋案:香港是世界第一投訴之都

可能會有所體會

發表於 10-10-2 09:56 |顯示全部帖子
我都係o個句,既然宗教分由學校決定俾唔俾,校方應該加強驗證,不過有邊個可以俾到學校壓力,要佢地做多d野?政府都怕左辦學團體反。
原帖由 BBTWIN 於 10-10-2 09:46 發表
今早睇報紙真係火都黎, 有部份家長出公海受洗拿5分宗教分. 本來我都贊成有宗教分(我唔係教徒), 但因為呢一群假教徒無疑令我無宗教背景的人更加難入教會學校 :badf ...

發表於 10-10-2 10:28 |顯示全部帖子
If the throughputs from the religionous schools are bad, the story can be totally different. 劣幣驅逐良幣 .......... May be another calssic example after mother language instruction ......lower the standard of educational system in HK.......   

Some parents' wrong doing, here don't condemn them...... but condemn the churches and schools......Interesting HK parents.....

醒目開學勳章

發表於 10-10-2 10:52 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 BookloverJ 於 10-10-2 01:36 發表

咁搞法咪好恐怖, 隨時我住九龍, 一個唔好彩既話可能,一個仔抽到去沙頭角, 第二個女抽到去香港仔, 到時真係天下大亂, 民怨沸騰, 暴動都似, 其實你有無諗清楚先講架? ...

千其唔好,我兩個小朋友,only送返接放,我都會...

發表於 10-10-2 10:59 |顯示全部帖子