樓主: thomasha
go

DBS真係好煩! [複製鏈接]

61#
發表於 10-9-11 23:23 |只看該作者

回覆 59# thomasha 的文章

He/she is a clerk only.....

Will they be interviewers?

What I mean for liberal is my son can challenge Terrence Cheung in the assembly, teachers etc with grounds of course, they can take it. You can break the rule is the key.

If your son also apply for SPCC, you know what I mean.

[ 本帖最後由 ANChan59 於 10-9-11 23:31 編輯 ]

62#
發表於 10-9-11 23:26 |只看該作者
原帖由 manmak88 於 10-9-11 23:20 發表
係, 幼稚園只是k1 都有 4頁x4季.......
佢問我有無成績單
我話唔重要無比, 因為不是成績, 也沒有評語
佢份野跟本就是成年的學生報告書......
比你都唔會想睇, 我比左自己做的7頁野比佢
只有一頁半是幼稚園野

You know the trick and not just follow the rule. If you teach you son like this, your son will have a better chance.

63#
發表於 10-9-11 23:43 |只看該作者
Her post is not important.  If the headteacher assigns her to answer parents' enquiries, I am entitled to take the clerk (or whatever her post is)'s words as representing the school.

Just like, if you are a boss, you will try to ensure that your receptionist disseminates correct info, and that if she does not have the authority or ability to give an answer, she should consult others who have such authority before answering.

Thank you for letting me know how liberal DBS is.  If I had known it earlier, I would have addressed my concern to the headteacher or someone senior in the school instead.  I really believed the lady answering the phone had the authority and ability to give me those answers.
原帖由 ANChan59 於 10-9-11 23:23 發表

What I mean for liberal is my son can challenge Terrence Cheung in the assembly, teachers etc with grounds of course, they can take it. You can ...

64#
發表於 10-9-11 23:58 |只看該作者

回覆 63# thomasha 的文章

Whoever is not important right now.

Your son is the most important, that's his chance and future. I wish he can have the offer from DBSPD and you and your son have a choice to take it or leave it.

65#
發表於 10-9-11 23:58 |只看該作者
as some people told, it seems that there are two version of requirement of 10 pages as mentioned in their seminars.  pls correct if below information is wrong.

In Seminar 1: Only 10 pages including K1 & K2 reports, ID, birth certificate...all documents.  If over 10 pages, marks will be deducted

In Seminar 2: as some kindergartens have a lot of pages for K1 & K2 reports, additional 1-2 pages is allowed, on top of 10 pages.

In its school website, it does not mention any requirement of 10 pages that include K1 & K2 School rports, ID..& other documents.  

In my case, as K1 & K2 reports (4 seminster) has total 24 pages.  It is somehow difficult for me to fullfil its requirement of 10 pages.

When I called the office of the school, the lady is strict to answer that all K1 & K2 reports MUST be included, but can do the minimization, however, should also been read.  For ID & birth certificate, it is NOT allowed to minimize.

It come out the feeling that it is unclear and strict regarding its requirement.

[ 本帖最後由 bbAvalon 於 10-9-12 00:05 編輯 ]

66#
發表於 10-9-12 00:09 |只看該作者
甘最後你點做?
老實說最後都是要一個解決方法
你覺得那一個最好就去吧
到最後佢唔收都是人家的決定

原帖由 bbAvalon 於 10-9-11 23:58 發表
as some people told, it seems that there are two version of requirement of 10 pages as mentioned in their seminars.  pls correct if below information is wrong.

In Seminar 1: Only 10 pages including K ...

67#
發表於 10-9-12 00:17 |只看該作者
原本都想報下, 不過, 最終都係唔報DBS.  分析過後, 自己認為DBS合3類人讀, 1 係好叻, 1係有米, 1係有專長.  我阿仔3樣都唔係, 所以費事去.

原帖由 Geni 於 10-9-10 18:02 發表
今年咁早就有投訴

其實年年都有家長話佢地簡介會安排唔好, 面試安排唔好, second in 安排唔好.... 到出o左result又會有人話收生準則唔公平.....

無錯, 學校真係有好多可以改進o既地方, 但 既然已經決定 ...

[ 本帖最後由 WinkyLee 於 10-9-12 00:18 編輯 ]

outbind://123-000000007888A3DB52BB5E45A542D79211CD2B19C4722600/http://www.babyfashionkingdom.com/user/Image/slanime4.gif

68#
發表於 10-9-12 00:24 |只看該作者
Thank you for your good wishes.  If your son is applying for P1 this time, I hope he will be accepted by any school you (and your son) desires and you will have choices to choose from.
原帖由 ANChan59 於 10-9-11 23:58 發表
Whoever is not important right now.

Your son is the most important, that's his chance and future. I wish he can have the offer from DBSPD and you and your son have a choice to take it or leave it.

69#
發表於 10-9-12 00:32 |只看該作者
原帖由 thomasha 於 10-9-12 00:24 發表
Thank you for your good wishes.  If your son is applying for P1 this time, I hope he will be accepted by any school you (and your son) desires and you will have choices to choose from.

He is in Grade 10 - DBS.

70#
發表於 10-9-12 00:32 |只看該作者
其實有無人因為多過10張紙或縮印 HKID / b-cert 而比 DBS 即場 reject 份 application? Or 有無人交唔齊 K1 & K2 兩年 reports 而比人追問?  我又縮印 b-cert, 又只交 K1 & K2 下學期 reports, 都無比人問, 我諗 OK 掛?!

其實佢地已經對過 HKID / b-cert / captism cert 正本, 咁縮細少少(當然要粒粒字都睇得到啦)又有 mud 問題呢?

71#
發表於 10-9-12 00:37 |只看該作者
Thank you for sharing the details.  I didn't know the inconsistency between the 2 seminars, even though the school had stressed several times that they were identical.  If I had known that before, it would have added to my fury.

My solution:
1. Provide only the school reports for the last term of each of K1 and K2 (3 pages each, shrunk to one page each with small but legible text size)
2. Print birth cert+IDs of parents on the same page - ID's on the blank space on the birth cert.
3. Shrink everything else to a still legible size.

原帖由 bbAvalon 於 10-9-11 23:58 發表

In Seminar 1: Only 10 pages including K ...

72#
發表於 10-9-12 02:11 |只看該作者
I also attended the first briefing section and all along I think that the 10 pages means the page limit of "portfolio" and therefore should not include any supporting document like HKID, Birth Cert, School Report etc.  I also recall that Mr. Cheung said if exceed 10 pages, score will be deducted...

I think this is "clear enough" and have never thought of that the 10 pages include HKID, Birth Cert, School Report.....(?)  And hence I've never thought of calling DBS to clarify again... Yet I do agree that this should be stated clearly in the application requirement as this is quite unfair for parents not able to attend the briefing section.

I just started to prepare the application and my "10-page" portfolio when I suddenly read this post... Really need to re-plan my pages again...

Anyway, thanks thomasha for sharing the requirement.  It's not a matter of "the no. of pages" (some schools' requirement is even less) but agree that it's more a concern of whether the requirement is conveyed clearly and fairly to all potential applicants.

73#
發表於 10-9-12 02:27 |只看該作者
angelhair,

I attended the first session and had the same understanding as you do.  Sticking on this belief, I submitted today 2 pages of b-certificate + ID,  12 pages of K1+K2 report card and 10 pages portfolio.  They took all without question asked or counting.   

Someone in the BK said they were really counting # of pages.  It didn't happen to me.  It appears different attending teacher is handling the "10 pages" differently.      

Confusing eough !?    Anyhow, the attending teachers are quite friendly !!  

原帖由 angelhair 於 10-9-12 02:11 發表
I also attended the first briefing section and all along I think that the 10 pages means the page limit of "portfolio" and therefore should not include any supporting document like HKID, Birth Cert, S ...

[ 本帖最後由 yypapa 於 10-9-12 02:33 編輯 ]

74#
發表於 10-9-12 02:34 |只看該作者
原帖由 yypapa 於 10-9-12 02:27 發表
angelhair,

I attended the first session and had the same understanding as you do.  Sticking on this belief, I submitted today 2 pages of b-certificate + ID,  12 pages of K1+K2 report card and 10 page ...

Thanks yayapapa for your sharing...

Sigh... Better get prepared for both possibilities.

I'm a busy working mom and is having sleepless nights recently in preparing the P.1 applications.  It'll certainly be better if the requirements are clear so that I don't need to go through the 冤枉路...

75#
發表於 10-9-12 02:38 |只看該作者
Thank you for your understanding.

I don't mind even fewer pages of "other info" so long as the requirements are clearly and publicly stated.  One of the schools we are going to apply only lets us give 2 pages of "other info".  It is their right and we can think of how to comply with the requirement the best we can as early as possible.

It is quite common for the page limit to refer to the portfolio or "other info" only and naturally we tend to assume it is true for DBS too.  Some smart parents did not want to rely on this assumption and called the school for clarification, so this "game" started to run wildly after the shocking news about the scope of the 10 pages was received. :)
原帖由 angelhair 於 10-9-12 02:11 發表
I also attended the first briefing section and all along I think that the 10 pages means the page limit of "portfolio" and therefore should not include any supporting document like HKID, Birth Cert, S ...

76#
發表於 10-9-12 02:49 |只看該作者
Congratulations!

I think it is only fair to all applicants that the requirements are published and have enough details for the parents to prepare the materials accordingly.  If some info is only disseminated in the admission briefing or by answering phone enquiries, it will be unfair to parents who cannot afford the time or effort in attending the briefing or making phone calls to the school during office hours.

Anyway, I submitted the 10-page attachment today.  
angelhair,

I attended the first session and had the same understanding as you do.  Sticking on this belief, I submitted today 2 pages of b-certificate + ID,  12 pages of K1+K2 report card and 10 page ...

77#
發表於 10-9-12 08:25 |只看該作者
Sorry that the Headmaster of DBS is Mr. Terence CHANG.

原帖由 ANChan59 於 10-9-11 23:23 發表

What I mean for liberal is my son can challenge Terrence Cheung in the assembly, teachers etc with grounds of course, they can take it. You can ...

[ 本帖最後由 ysnmama 於 10-9-12 08:27 編輯 ]

78#
發表於 10-9-12 09:44 |只看該作者

回覆 77# ysnmama 的文章

Thanks for your correction.

79#
發表於 10-9-12 10:30 |只看該作者
Thank your for your suggestion too.  Finally, I only submitted the 2nd seminster of K1 & K2 Report.  Squeeze 12 pages school reports into 4 pages.  Actually, school report become small but still can seen if put effort to see.   One page for Birt. cert. as said not allow to minimize per advice by school lady. One page for all IDs.  4 pages for additional own documents.

They have no question to school report if it is too small.

原帖由 thomasha 於 10-9-12 00:37 發表
Thank you for sharing the details.  I didn't know the inconsistency between the 2 seminars, even though the school had stressed several times that they were identical.  If I had known that before, it  ...

80#
發表於 10-9-12 10:40 |只看該作者
As I have called the school whether it is fine to submit 2-3 additional pages as my schhool reports are too much that will over 10 pages requirement.  The lady is strictly said that they will not accept if over 10 pages.   

As I can't wait to submit the reports on Monday & tuesday as we need to work.  I have squeeze the school reports for submission on sat.  Moreover, I really not sure whether they will deduct the mark if over 10 pages.  As they may test the parents whether they have attended their talk on 4/9.  If they have attended, they should know the rule of 10 pages requirement.  Perhaps I have thought too much.

Anyway it is good to hear that they accept your documents that even over 20 pages.  At least don't require the parents to go again on monday to submit documents within 10 pages.

angelhair,

‹ 上一主題|下一主題