用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 Want to go to Marymount Primary!!!
發新帖
查看: 6179|回覆: 6
go

Want to go to Marymount Primary!!!

發表於 10-7-12 17:55 |顯示全部帖子

Anyone know which kindergarten will have a high chance to go to Marymount Primary.

發表於 10-7-14 14:15 |顯示全部帖子
Marymount is not a private or direct subsidy school.
You can only apply through central allocation system.
Therefore, it doesn't matter which kindergarten you are from.
In the 1st round of central allocation,what is important is your background (eg mother an old girl, parents working at the school, elder sister a student....etc).
In the 2nd round of central allocation, what is important is where you live &, most important of all, LUCK!!

原帖由 kittychung122 於 10-7-12 17:55 發表

Anyone know which kindergarten will have a high chance to go to Marymount Primary.

發表於 10-7-22 16:48 |顯示全部帖子
Thanks for you reply, mow-mow.

Unfortunately, I've not connection with the school and I'm not a Catholic. I live in Fortress Hill which is not the same net as them. As a first time mum, I've no idea which nursery or kindergarten I should go for, from you experience can you recommend some.

My husband suggested TinkerBell & Starts are they any good?

Thanks

[ 本帖最後由 kittychung122 於 10-7-22 16:52 編輯 ]

發表於 10-7-26 14:33 |顯示全部帖子
Sorry to say that your daughter's chance of getting into Marymount would be minimal.
The only thing you can do is to move into the NET 12 area - even then you'll still need some luck at the lottery stage.
Otherwise you'll have to try to get in at P2 or later.
I like Tinkerbell but for a girl in Hong Kong island side, I personally prefer St Paul's Nusery / Kindergarten, Sacred Heart & St Clare's as their kids can all go straight to their own primary schools (with just the odd exceptions).
So even if you don't get allocated to a good school through the lottery, you'll still have a decent private primary school to go to.

原帖由 kittychung122 於 10-7-22 16:48 發表
Thanks for you reply, mow-mow.

Unfortunately, I've not connection with the school and I'm not a Catholic. I live in Fortress Hill which is not the same net as them. As a first time mum, I've no idea  ...

發表於 10-7-27 16:13 |顯示全部帖子
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

發表於 10-7-29 16:01 |顯示全部帖子

原帖由 wootaitai 於 10-7-27 16:13 發表
If you are really keen:
- go to church, get baptised after 1 year. learn about god. Then your daughter will have 20 pts
- move to net 12
- If you put MPS as # 1 choice for round 1 and 2 you have a cha ...

發表於 10-8-15 18:54 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 kittychung122 於 10-7-12 17:55 發表

Marymount is definitely a good school.  The only kindergarten I heard that had a 100% success rate on knocking Marymount's door is Sheng Kung Hui Kindergarten(Mt. Butler).  But it is not easy to get a place in SKH.  Good luck!