搜索
教育王國 討論區 小一選校 St Paul's Co-ed or DG
發新帖
查看: 5052|回覆: 13
go

St Paul's Co-ed or DG

發表於 10-7-6 22:05 |顯示全部帖子
Dear Daddy and Mummy,

I've got an eldest daughter who was being accepted by both St Paul's Co-ed and DG. My 2 little sons are now going to be in K2 and K1.

May I seek for your expert advice for choosing which one pls?

醒目開學勳章

發表於 10-7-6 22:27 |顯示全部帖子
You should have made the choice much much earlier to lift the pressure of those on the waiting list, unless you are on the waiting list and have just got the offer.
(If that's the case, may I ask which one is the recent offer?)

There are several factors you might like to consider:

- Does your daughter feel more comfortable to learn in an English environment? Or will lessons taught in Chinese more effective for her learning?
- Do you prefer an all girl school?
- Is location are concern?
- Have you met the students and graduates of both schools? These two schools tend to breed different style kids. Which one do you want your girl to be? Or which one suits your girl's style more?
- If you choose co-ed, there is a possibility that all your kids can study in the same school, but this is not guranteed, unless your younger ones as exceptionally bright as your daughter.

原帖由 3kidsdaddy 於 10-7-6 22:05 發表
Dear Daddy and Mummy,

I've got an eldest daughter who was being accepted by both St Paul's Co-ed and DG. My 2 little sons are now going to be in K2 and K1.

May I seek for your expert advice for cho ...

[ 本帖最後由 traeh 於 10-7-7 08:23 編輯 ]

發表於 10-7-7 00:08 |顯示全部帖子
If you got both daughter and son,  Co-ed is much better

發表於 10-7-8 19:30 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 HEIHEI1125 於 10-7-7 00:08 發表
If you got both daughter and son,  Co-ed is much better

If you are not confidence for your little sons, choose SPCC.
If you think your little sons are not as smart as their sister, choose SPCC.
If you will feel headache in holiday trip arrangement because of different schools of your kids, choose SPCC.
If you don't want to take new challenage for school homework and exam/ if you want your sons to have past paper from their sister, choose SPCC.
If you have only one maid to take care the kids, choose SPCC.

If "all the above" is not the problem, choose DGJS.

發表於 10-7-8 20:28 |顯示全部帖子
小小意見......放諸任何學校/家庭也適用(參考下).
1. 你覺得女較適合邊間就邊間
2. 唔好用個女就兩個仔(除非你好鐘意男女校或女拔較差)
3. 你能裁培女入女拔,我想仔仔入男拔都唔難既(到時應該都考埋co-ed及其他....荀野)
4. 女校或男校比男女校少一重煩惱
無知是福

發表於 10-7-10 23:23 |顯示全部帖子
Your daughter is very smart to have the two famous schools accepted. I think you have to make the decision primarily for her and exclude the consideration of the two brothers as they are individuals. There is no guarantee that SP will admit them because of their sister.

發表於 10-7-12 11:58 |顯示全部帖子
我有個朋友同你差唔多情況,個女考到女拔同聖保羅,初時想讀女拔,但最後都是揀著聖保羅,因為唔想一年後再戰一場,個仔又冇個女咁醒,摶唔過.到時仔女響同一間學校接送又方便好多.

發表於 10-7-12 15:29 |顯示全部帖子
If you have a younger son, then definitely St Paul's Co-ed.
Even though there is no guarantee of a place for your son, there is certainly a huge advantage - fighting for 70% of the places with a much smaller number of candidates compared with fighting for 30% of the places with a much larger number of candidates.
Putting your daughter into DGS gives you absolutely no advantage at all in your son's application to DBS.
I agree that you shouldn't sacrifice your daughter for your son but since these 2 schools are on the same level, there should be no such conflict.
So why not make life just a little easier for your son later on?!

發表於 10-7-12 19:53 |顯示全部帖子
其實我相信妳早已選好SPCC
(因為妳還有二個兒子的原因)
但妳只是覺得小小可惜必須要放棄DGS

但是 始終都是要選的

選好了就記得早一點將學位放出來^_^

我若是妳 我會選擇SPCC
(我選擇男女小學)

其實這兩間都是好學校
選哪一間應該都是不會錯的

發表於 10-7-12 22:13 |顯示全部帖子
SPCCPS is a DDS and all P6 , unless with very poor results or bad conduct, will be promoted to SPCC secondary school; while for DGJS which is a private school, i am not sure if all P6 of DGJS will be promoted to DGS without any special screening.
This may pose another consideration

發表於 10-7-12 23:12 |顯示全部帖子
DGJS is a through train school.

原帖由 j3579 於 10-7-12 22:13 發表
SPCCPS is a DDS and all P6 , unless with very poor results or bad conduct, will be promoted to SPCC secondary school; while for DGJS which is a private school, i am not sure if all P6 of DGJS will be  ...

發表於 10-7-13 10:05 |顯示全部帖子
totally agree.
SPCC is also supreme.

原帖由 JKTL 於 10-7-12 19:53 發表

其實我相信妳早已選好SPCC
(因為妳還有二個兒子的原因)
但妳只是覺得小小可惜必須要放棄DGS

但是 始終都是要選的

選好了就記得早一點將學位放出來^_^

我若是妳 我會選擇SPCC
(我選擇男女小學)

其實這兩間都是好學校
選哪一間應該都是不會錯的
~easybring~

發表於 10-7-13 10:10 |顯示全部帖子
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

發表於 10-7-16 23:20 |顯示全部帖子
Do u mean "Through Train School" of DGJS implying full acceptance of ALL grade 6 (108 nos) girls by the secondary school section(DGS)?
Grateful for clear advice from people who know!
BTW will DGJS increase one more class for each grade (ie 4 classes) immeddiately when they move back to the newly built campus in Sept 2011? Any advice?

原帖由 chingchingb.ma 於 10-7-12 23:12 發表
DGJS is a through train school.