用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 備戰大學 Sharing of IB vs NSS
樓主: ANChan59
go

Sharing of IB vs NSS  

發表於 10-12-22 22:03 |顯示全部帖子
Thanks a lot, ANChan59.  Do you think BA is also good for oral presentation?  Or would it be better to be coached by a NET?

發表於 10-12-22 22:42 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 kids33 於 10-12-22 22:03 發表
Thanks a lot, ANChan59.  Do you think BA is also good for oral presentation?  Or would it be better to be coached by a NET?

You can talk to them and you can see their oral English are comparable to NET.

發表於 10-12-25 10:48 |顯示全部帖子
I wish you all Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Furthermore, you can make the best choice with your kids in IB vs NSS issues.

Pls share with us here.

ANChan59

發表於 10-12-26 01:10 |顯示全部帖子

海外冷待文憑試 港生學歷大貶值

海外冷待文憑試 港生學歷大貶值
太陽報社論 25/12/2010

首屆中學文憑試將於後年舉行,港府日前公布首批二十四間海外院校的收生要求,仍有超過四成拒絕承認文憑試的英文成績,影響香港學生的升學機會。到底當局能否在未來一年多時間裏對外有效推銷文憑試,不能不令人懷疑。

事實上,海外院校拒絕承認文憑試成績,並非質疑香港學生的能力,而是對新考試制度缺乏信心。正如升學專家指出,因為港府無法清晰指出文憑試英文科的合格水平,令海外院校擔心香港學生的英文水平是否達標。

我們不妨作一比較,舊制高考的合格成績分別為E至A級,可以與英國高考直接對照;但文憑試的成績分一至五級,其中第五級又分為五*及五**級別,不但難與國際考試對照,而且不設合格與不合格的分界,令人莫名其妙。有鑑於此,英國大學及院校招生事務處不得不自行制訂對照表,列明香港文憑試的五級、四級、三級分別等同英國高考的A、C、E級。

即便如此,本港學生的升學機會仍是大受影響。舉個簡單例子,現時英國排名首三十位大學的收生要求為ABB或以上成績,但由於文憑試沒有對應的B及D級,香港學生的成績變相大幅貶值,必須考獲對應AAA的三科五級才有機會入讀。加上部分院校拒絕承認英文成績,迫使學生須另外考IELTS、托福等國際試。港府將會考高考二合為一,本是為了減輕學生的考試壓力,如今卻反過來加重學生的學習及考試負擔,適得其反,令人啼笑皆非。

香港中學文憑試的評級混亂不堪,海外院校無所適從,拒絕承認,人們不難理解。令人百思不得其解的是,香港多年前已決定推行新學制及文憑試,當局應有充裕時間進行檢討及準備工作,包括向海外院校宣傳推介,為何至今仍未能完善評級制度?為何文憑試的海外認受性至今仍這麼低?

其實,不僅海外院校冷待文憑試,連本地院校也充滿疑惑。八間本地院校早前公布文憑試的最低收生要求,有大學要求選修科達三級以上,有的只要求二級以上,有熱門學科卻以最高的第五級作為最低要求,五花八門,令人眼花繚亂,至於當局一直硬銷的應用學習科,竟有一半大學拒絕承認。

尤有甚者,連僱主也被搞得一頭霧水。新考試制度實施後,僱主將同時面對持有高考、會考及文憑試成績的求職者,但到底文憑試成績如何對應高考及會考,當局也無法清晰交代。為免「睇錯成績請錯人」,有僱主明言將為應徵者自設英語考試,用實際行動對文憑試投下不信任的一票。

香港順應國際潮流,改行三三四學制及文憑試,本來無可厚非,奈何當局考慮不周,安排欠佳,添煩添亂。歸根究柢,院校及僱主拒絕承認文憑試,不僅針對考試本身,更反映他們對本港教育制度朝令夕改的反感。為免淪為新學制的犧牲品,不少家境富裕的學生紛紛改往海外升學「避難」,導致今年到英國升讀高中的港生人數上升逾一成,香港教育制度的災難,竟然化為外國教育產業的商機。港府為淵驅魚,為叢驅雀,實在愚不可及。

難為港府高官大言不慚,揚言發展甚麼教育產業,打造甚麼區域教育樞紐。可惜的是,先生之志大矣,先生能力不足,奈何!

That's exactly what we worry about. One and half year later, we can see the outcomes, but thousands students as guinea pigs under not well thought "Educational Reform".

[ 本帖最後由 ANChan59 於 10-12-26 02:58 編輯 ]

發表於 10-12-26 10:45 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 ANChan59 於 10-12-26 01:10 發表
海外冷待文憑試 港生學歷大貶值
太陽報社論 25/12/2010

首屆中學文憑試將於後年舉行,港府日前公布首批二十四間海外院校的收生要求,仍有超過四成拒絕承認文憑試的英文成績,影響香港學生的升學機會。到底當局能否在未來 ...

有大學要求HKCEE(舊會考)英文 Grade 3 or above,但HKDSE(新文憑)英文就要 Grade 4 or above。讀6年後的考試還不如舊的5年中學會考,這已足夠證明學歷在「334」學制下的貶值。

這還未計算數學科和通識科的問題,因這問卷沒問這兩科。否則大家見到的問題更多。

總之,孩子在「334」下要預更佳的成績,才能升讀一些較好的海外大學。

發表於 10-12-26 13:07 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 ChiChiPaPa 於 10-12-26 10:45 發表

有大學要求HKCEE(舊會考)英文 Grade 3 or above,但HKDSE(新文憑)英文就要 Grade 4 or above。讀6年後的考試還不如舊的5年中學會考,這已足夠證明學歷在「334」學制下的貶值。

這還未計算數學科和通識科的問題,因這問卷沒 ...

As study six years instead of five years in secondary schools, the English standard should be higher, but the overseas recognition going down. HKEAA only claimed no. of recognition and not elaborate the recognition compared with HKCEE and HKAL examinations.

The conclusion may be the examination standard really going down to improve the passing rate in general (穿衣戴帽工程) to misreprsent the HKDSE is better off, but eventually make the good and the medicore students suffered.

Other issues:

1. Chinese & Liberal Study may not be counted in some universities and or elite universities from overseas; and

2. Without Chinese & LS, elective subjects number is marginal and the tolerance of making mistakes in examination will be very tight.

[ 本帖最後由 ANChan59 於 10-12-26 21:22 編輯 ]

發表於 10-12-27 18:22 |顯示全部帖子
Dear ANChan59,

Very useful discussions.  Would be grateful if you could spare a moment to PM the information about the learning centres.  Thanks.

發表於 11-1-13 13:21 |顯示全部帖子
The parents day will be on 29th and we can meet with his teachers to review his performance in Pre-IB.

From his personal opinion, he may struggle a bit in languages, other subjects meet expectation.

I am so appreciated his effort to apply for LPCUWC, the school didn't recommend him and other boys, we finally asked some friends to write the recommendation letters. The Appitude tests quite a challenge for them. He is comfortable to enter 2nd stage - Challenge Day, through activities, team-work, reflection, interviews to reflect their characters and attitude matched with the college expectation.

This year the applicants may be more than previous year like 500+, only 300+ for Challenge Day and 100+ for Panel interview. Accept 50 for LPCUWC and 16-18 for overseas UWC.

發表於 11-1-13 21:38 |顯示全部帖子
海外冷待文憑試 港生學歷大貶值

Xxxxx     xxxxx     xxxxx     xxxxx

很久以前,有人問法拉第:「你發現了電,但對世界又有甚麼用呢?」

他答道, “What is the use of a new born baby?”

Xxxxx    xxxxx     xxxxx    xxxxx

1997年特區護照正式可供使用時,有些國家未承認,所以很多港人都續約BNO。但隨著日子的轉移,特區護照變得越來越方便。

Xxxxx    xxxxx     xxxxx    xxxxx

文憑試剛開始,各國不知怎樣對待它是正常,但日子一久,它就會取得應有的地位。

發表於 11-1-13 22:14 |顯示全部帖子

回復 169# eviepa 的帖子

eviepa

Your daughter may have time and she may study in HK, so HKDSE is not a problem for your family.

Unfortunately, my son is the second batch if he takes HKDSE, we have no time to wait and our target overseas universities won't wait for us or HKDSE.

If you don't consider IB or study overseas, you can skip this thread.  

ANChan59

發表於 11-1-13 22:40 |顯示全部帖子
ANChan59

香港剛出生的334制,對有志升讀英國3223模式的大學的學生會有困擾。可能你因此會覺得不快,不好意思。

對此海外留學,我所知甚少。不過我有以下的角度,不知同意否:

1.        一向英國大學都歧視香港學生 — 現在英國高考的總體得A率大概是27%。香港高考的成績比例我不知,但相信沒有一科是C或以上加起來有27%的。即是說,隨時一個考得三個C的港生,實力比英國三A生為強。這尤以理科更為明顯。但不要說三個C,聽說英國大學prefer英國的三個A多過香的三個B。

2.        留學不單止英國,還有美國等許多國家,這些國家是334的,香港學生無論用會考或是用高考成績去報讀,都是處於不利位置。334可以有效改善這個情況。

當然,初生有陣痛,而且痛的是頭你的子女,我同情。

eviepa

發表於 11-1-13 23:19 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 171# eviepa 的文章

eviepa

You always have a wrong impression on me as a die-hard supporter of HKAL, I explained more than one time, but you never listen. Yes, my wife and I studied in UK, but we are pretty open-mined in education. My son's first summer program in Australia(G4), then USA (G6), UK (G9).... we enourage wider exposure and analyse different systems for our boy. I need to be humble and I am not good enough to comment on those systems. May be you know more than us.

In UK, for top notch universities well consider HKAL, but they feel uncomfortable about HKDSE (Oxbridge). Their admission officers strongly recommended us either go for feeder school in UK or IB in HK. That's why we consider IB even I am not sure my son eligible to have an interview or not (Oxbridge). But, I and he didn't want to sit for so many examinations on top of HKDSE, GCE AL, SAT, AP etc. for overseas education.

Your point number 1 is partial valid, British discriminate other races and nationalities, just enjoy French, Scotish and Irish jokes. But Cambridge well appreciates the HKAL results as our Cs ~ to GCE As. Our 3As much much better than GCE-AL 3As, better preference in admission.

Your pt no.2 is nothing to do with my case as I explained in first paragraph. Don't complicated with 334 and 523 arguement again.

ANChan59

[ 本帖最後由 ANChan59 於 11-1-15 00:13 編輯 ]

發表於 11-1-13 23:49 |顯示全部帖子
AnChan59,

道聽途說過一些IB理念,印象是一個很好的program,預祝你孩子成功修讀IB,日後找到一間好大學。

IB有多年的經歷,而且是成功的經驗,國際性的認受性自然高,修讀這課程必定好。但我預測,日後文憑試在國際的認受性也不會很低。假以時日。

eviepa

發表於 11-1-14 23:07 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 eviepa 於 11-1-13 23:49 發表
IB有多年(Over 60 yrs)的經歷,而且是成功的經驗,國際性的認受性自然高,修讀這課程必定好。

Finally, you get my point.

Good luck to your daughter.

發表於 11-1-15 09:19 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 eviepa 於 11-1-13 23:49 發表
AnChan59,

道聽途說過一些IB理念,印象是一個很好的program,預祝你孩子成功修讀IB,日後找到一間好大學。

IB有多年的經歷,而且是成功的經驗,國際性的認受性自然高,修讀這課程必定好。但我預測,日後文憑試在國際的認受性也不 ...

我覺得文憑試其實不淺,文憑試的學生是可以同時應考其他公開考試。部份科目和其他國際試的範圍差別不大,應考其他國際試所付出的額外時間不會多很多,但可減少一試定生死的問題,和加強報海外大學的籌碼。

我希望將來會有學校或教育機構為文憑試的學生開辦美國的 AP 課程,尤其是數學和經濟科,這將有助文憑試的尖子取得美國大學的學位。

目前已有學校幫學生報 IGCSE,例如優才、聖保祿學校,不過,IGCSE 的深度不及 AP。對有實力的文憑試考生,AP 應是更好的挑戰。

政府也應努力為文憑試取得內地的認可,以提升文憑試的價值。其實過往的香港考試已取得英美澳大學承認,文憑試要取得她們的認可只是時間問題。相反香港的考試過往得不到內地知名大學的認可,文憑試是可打開這升學通道,為香港學生提供更廣闊的出路。

發表於 11-1-15 20:53 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 175# ChiChiPaPa 的文章

我覺得文憑試其實不淺,文憑試的學生是可以同時應考其他公開考試。部份科目和其他國際試的範圍差別不大,應考其他國際試所付出的額外時間不會多很多,但可減少一試定生死的問題,和加強報海外大學的籌碼。
Why HKDSE instead of HKCEE & HKALE? Reduce the examination pressure and no. of exam. of the students. Am I correct? Why more exam?????

我希望將來會有學校或教育機構為文憑試的學生開辦美國的 AP 課程,尤其是數學和經濟科,這將有助文憑試的尖子取得美國大學的學位。
My son got some AP credit in maths from EPGY.

目前已有學校幫學生報 IGCSE,例如優才、聖保祿學校,不過,IGCSE 的深度不及 AP。對有實力的文憑試考生,AP 應是更好的挑戰。
More examinations ....... another way to reduce the popularity of HKDSE again. I highly regard the smartness of the principal of those school.

政府也應努力為文憑試取得內地的認可,以提升文憑試的價值。其實過往的香港考試已取得英美澳大學承認,文憑試要取得她們的認可只是時間問題。相反香港的考試過往得不到內地知名大學的認可,文憑試是可打開這升學通道,為香港學生提供更廣闊的出路。
HKEAA - in the process to negotiate with China Examination/Education Bureau .

發表於 11-1-16 09:05 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 ANChan59 於 11-1-15 20:53 發表
Why HKDSE instead ...

測考有它的作用,並不可怕。HKCEE 和 HKAL 之所以可怕,是因它對考生的前途有重大影響,因而對考生產生重大壓力。減少這些考試的次數可減少學生長時間面對的壓力。

我自己當年讀中學時都有應考其他公開試,包括LCCI 和 GCE O-level 和 A-level。以GCE為例,它有多個 Exam Board,一年可有多次的考試。當時同學們應考這些考試的心情就像打機一樣。如果取不到最高等級,就當打不爆機,「算」。不會有甚麼後果的,要再來過也可以。

我都覺得就算知道香港考生可以在這些海外考試較易取得好成績,也不會有太多學校支持學生考 IGCSE,GCE 和 AP,因為他們要面對學生因而流失的問題。成績優秀的學生取得佳續後,很可能會早一些往海外升學。

發表於 11-1-16 11:43 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 177# ChiChiPaPa 的文章

Thanks for your sharing in public exams issues. You made a good point for primary and secondary importance of different exams for different students.

Good discussion.....

Amazingly, my son did convince me -  focus, focus, focus..... single exam if possible.

發表於 11-1-16 12:01 |顯示全部帖子
ANChan,

Glad to know your son will enter the 2nd round -Challenge Day. I particpated the NSS & IB talk in our school yesterday. After IB teacher and student's presentation, they gave me a very good impression.

Waiting for sharing of interview and your son teacher's comment after Parent's Day.

原帖由 ANChan59 於 11-1-13 13:21 發表
The parents day will be on 29th and we can meet with his teachers to review his performance in Pre-IB.

From his personal opinion, he may struggle a bit in languages, other subjects meet expectation.
:-P

發表於 11-1-16 13:35 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 easy 於 11-1-16 12:01 發表
ANChan,

Glad to know your son will enter the 2nd round -Challenge Day. I particpated the NSS & IB talk in our school yesterday. After IB teacher and student's presentation, they gave me a very good i ...

He didn't receive the invitation letter for Challenge Day yet. The letter will be posted to applicants on or before 10th Feb. Anyway, he will prepare for that. We are lucky enough have some contacts in LPCUWC from DBS, applicants attended the admission process before and graduates. Their info will be useful for preparation.

What's your preference on NSS & IB so far? In case your boy interested in IB, we can share either here or pm me.

I guess your boy also from DBS. He can apply for SPCC as well, but aware a compulsory question "What's your preference between SPCC & DBS?"

[ 本帖最後由 ANChan59 於 11-1-16 13:44 編輯 ]