用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 小一選校 聖方濟各英文小學vs舊油天
樓主: chingchingfa
go

聖方濟各英文小學vs舊油天

發表於 10-6-15 13:49 |顯示全部帖子
Pressure is mostly from parents no mater which school your kid goes to unless you don't care about his banding.

If your kid fail in the exam or below average, what would you do? How would you feel? Even though teachers don't say a word, will you do something?!

發表於 10-6-15 13:55 |顯示全部帖子
兩間都差不多, 我選 "免費" 的 油飛 - 地方大d, 活動多d

發表於 10-6-15 14:50 |顯示全部帖子
[quote]原帖由 vet 於 10-6-15 13:49 發表

家長的確系會比,但在校內比較成績,摺角行為等,一定唔系家長甘簡單,學校既風氣系甘. 我覺得主要看小朋友的性格. 如果本身好讀得書,又唔怕同人比,我會選SFA. 但如果系樂天派,自己都唔緊張果種,可能選油天好d.

發表於 10-6-15 17:38 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 23# share123 的文章

請問乜野叫做 "摺角行為"?

發表於 10-6-15 18:40 |顯示全部帖子
May I know what is "摺角行為"? in SFA or Yau Tin?

發表於 10-6-16 00:44 |顯示全部帖子
Looking at your conversation here... your son sound very much is what SFA wanted type of students.  They like good maths students, especially boys.  SFA's Maths is half level higher than outside schools.  Your son will be more happy there as most of their lessons are tailor made for brighter students (gifted ones).  All lessons are combined with the gifted talent teaching.  He will be more outstanding at SFA.  Of course, most of their students are very gifted and talented too.  

Most of their students in SFA will not just wait for secondary school allocations but DSS and others secondary applications.  Most of them get into a very good or top DSS or private secondary schools.

You may want to think about this for your son..

Hope this is helpful!

發表於 10-6-16 03:24 |顯示全部帖子
其實壓力是來自家長,如果家長係緊張形,讀一般官校,測驗考試都會替小朋友準備。為自己小朋友準備考試,是理所當然的。
小女現在於SFA就讀,她很喜歡學校,亦不覺她在學校有比較或者壓力,問佢其他同學幾多分,考第幾,佢都唔知。而且學校沒有精英班。學校叻嘅同學係多,但學習風氣好好。同學都喜歡看課外書,所以語文能力都很強。我相信在SFA浸6年出嚟嘅學生,有一定的根底,上中學都比較輕鬆。
測驗默書多,但係唔計分,所以考試範圍好多已經溫習過,變得容易應付。
而且考試全年得3個,功課亦唔算多。

發表於 10-6-16 09:15 |顯示全部帖子
唔好意思,真係唔知乜嘢叫"摺角行為",聽都未聽過........?????

原帖由 chingchingfa 於 10-6-15 18:40 發表
wbmom

發表於 10-6-16 12:20 |顯示全部帖子
Dear Monghar,
Million thanks for your sharing. Actually, my son is now learning the calculation of 4 digits X 2 digits, 4 digits / 1 digit. I plan to let him know the fraction in this summer holiday. But I consider the pressure from school if he takes SFA...I reviewed the book list, Eng level is half year higher than others, and heard from other BK parents, test and quiz progress every week...So worry about keeping tighten all the times...

Best regards,
chingchingfa

原帖由 Monghar 於 10-6-16 00:44 發表
Looking at your conversation here... your son sound very much is what SFA wanted type of students.  They like good maths students, especially boys.  SFA's Maths is half level higher than outside schoo ...

發表於 10-6-16 12:27 |顯示全部帖子
QQMa42,
Thank you for your sharing about SFA. Nice to hear your girl enjoys her school life in SFA. Do you need to take review and revision for testing or examination till midnight? Any misc cost from school?

Best regards,
chingchingfa

原帖由 QQMa42 於 10-6-16 03:24 發表
其實壓力是來自家長,如果家長係緊張形,讀一般官校,測驗考試都會替小朋友準備。為自己小朋友準備考試,是理所當然的。
小女現在於SFA就讀,她很喜歡學校,亦不覺她在學校有比較或者壓力,問佢其他同學幾多分,考第幾,佢都唔知。而且 ...

發表於 10-6-16 23:56 |顯示全部帖子
Hi,

My kid studies in SFA (P.1).    Every day, he has 2 -4 homeworks.     He used 1.5 - 2 hours to finish his homework (because he did not do his homework at school and he did his homework slowly).      SFA is six days per cycle.    Every cycle has English and Chinese dictation (very easy).

Test: every (around) 1.5 month per test.   not so heavy.  Maths have more tests so you can practice what you've learnt.

The first few months are accommodation period.   You may find it hard.   He did not study until midnight.    I used to let him study on Sunday afternoon.     After few months, you may feel every thing is Okay.    Just like my kid, he gets used to it and does not feel any pressure.

My kid likes this school very much and I am glad he enjoys his school life.    That's all I want to share.

No any special charges: only tuition fee, buy books, etc. (just like other school).      

原帖由 chingchingfa 於 10-6-16 12:27 發表
QQMa42,
Thank you for your sharing about SFA. Nice to hear your girl enjoys her school life in SFA. Do you need to take review and revision for testing or examination till midnight? Any misc cost fro ...

發表於 10-6-17 09:10 |顯示全部帖子
Dear birdmom,
Some parents and alumna told me SFA made them terrible in pressure, and this stop me go ahead for my boy. Anyway, I did 2nd registration finally.
Heard from you about SFA, and now make me more comfortable. Thanks!
I am not concern about the hard of study, but worry about the “fail” even we tried our best. This would be fallen down his motivation to study here.

I reviewed Maths books which have both Chinese and English. Please advise if 2 languages are required to answer per Maths test.
Is there any extra-curricular activities after school? Any official school bus service available after the activities? As a BK mom mentioned, what is "摺角行為"?
Sorry for my many and many questions, but I need to think clearly about Yau Tin and SFA before making decision.

Best regards,
chingchingfa

發表於 10-6-17 09:36 |顯示全部帖子
Hi chingchingfa,

Do you mind if I ask you which kindergarten your kid studied?    Are you a working mum or full time mum?

Maths: Chinese maths ---> test + exam
English maths ---------> test only (because kids will study English maths in secondary school).

tips : I usually go through the textbook (especially G.S.) with my kid during summer because G.S. has a lot of vocabularies.

Chinese: buy some P.1 exercise (in book store) for your boy and let him do some during summer.    Since I did not teach my kid Chinese, I have a terrible experience.   I used couple months to review all (kindergarten) Chinese vocabularies with my kid.

English: I do not know if your son is good in English or not.    Read English story book with him does help.

Yau Tin: I heard there are lots of homeworks.    Since I hate "too many" homeworks and I prefer my kid studies in a "hard" school.   I choose SFA.

However, I think it is your choice to consider the best for your boy.    If your boy loves English and good at it, then choose SFA.    If your boy does not like English, then think about it.

Extracurricular activities: usually on Saturday for P.1 - P.2 students.     For P.3 students: ECA on day 3.       No school bus after ECA.

原帖由 chingchingfa 於 10-6-17 09:10 發表
Dear birdmom,
Some parents and alumna told me SFA made them terrible in pressure, and this stop me go ahead for my boy. Anyway, I did 2nd registration finally.
Heard from you about SFA, and now make ...

[ 本帖最後由 birdmom 於 10-6-17 09:39 編輯 ]

發表於 10-6-17 11:57 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 chingchingfa 於 10-6-15 18:40 發表

SFA一年班測驗派卷,朋友個仔摺左只角返黎,阿媽問佢咩事,個仔話一派測驗卷大家都系度鬥分,所以,大家都會摺只角先,如果好既咪show俾人看,唔好就收埋......都壓力好大遮

發表於 10-6-17 13:21 |顯示全部帖子

Oh I see! I know the meaning of folding corner.

For me personally, folding corner is reasonable if it’s requested by teachers. This action could avoid the compare between the kids.

Best regards,
chingchingfa

原帖由 share123 於 10-6-17 11:57 發表

SFA一年班測驗派卷,朋友個仔摺左只角返黎,阿媽問佢咩事,個仔話一派測驗卷大家都系度鬥分,所以,大家都會摺只角先,如果好既咪show俾人看,唔好就收埋......都壓力好大遮 ...

發表於 10-6-17 13:35 |顯示全部帖子
Hi birdmom,
My boy is studying in a common kindergarten. He has learned a systematic phonics there. I do not worry about his English that I think he could do as his eldest sister. My girl, who is in P3 in English girl primary, could be defined in top one-half in the class. Actually, he is so smarter than his sister. And thus, I am not concern about his ability, but I just concern if we need to keep tighten all the times.

Best regards,
chingchingfa

發表於 10-6-17 14:09 |顯示全部帖子
SFA的確是一間好好的學校, 她絕對不止是一間成績TOP的學校, 小兒一年前畢業, 上了中學一年, 更體會到SFA對學生的悉心培育, 無論是學業上的底子, 學習態度, PRESENTATION SKILL都prepare 得好好。 呢一切對小兒有好大幫助。
你去比較兩間學校派位, 校曆, 活動, 看看自己喜歡那一間。 注意sfa assessment 是不計入成績分。 還有由小一至小六sfa都絕不分精英班。呢點在選校時不容忽視。

發表於 10-6-17 14:22 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 chingchingfa 於 10-6-17 13:21 發表

Oh I see! I know the meaning of folding corner.

For me personally, folding corner is reasonable if it’s requested by teachers. This action could avoid the compare between the kids.
Best regar ...

個媽咪話係小朋友自己摺既,因為怕自己成績好差,俾人看到.不過ok la,在社會上到處都系競爭,如果個小朋友ok,其實都無咩所謂

發表於 10-6-17 15:15 |顯示全部帖子
Dear ICYGREY,
Really thanks for your info. Do you need to keep tighten all the times, exclude summer holiday? I think my son could face the pressure but it could not maintain all the times. I will discuss with my wife and our deadline is set at the end of Jul.

Best regards,
Chingchingfa

發表於 10-6-17 20:56 |顯示全部帖子
chingchingfa:
The  pressure studying in SFA is reasonable. School have a lot of activities such as study tour program. My son had enough time  taking part in all these activities. He enjoyed his primary school life in SFA so much. It would be one of his best memory in his life.  But U must understand primary is so so different to Kinda.

SFA students are confident and it do help them for the rest of their life.  My last advice, to me, only DBS, LA SALLE can beat SFA, not because their teaching method, but just they have the elite secondary school. So.. u know what I mean.