用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 有無 2009 Victoria(Harbour Green) N1同學, K1 會唔會 ...
樓主: bbeasy25
go

有無 2009 Victoria(Harbour Green) N1同學, K1 會唔會轉校?

發表於 10-5-18 10:58 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 ranicanice 於 10-5-18 10:35 發表
Hi

Boosting children's academic (knowledge/learning) level does not necessarily mean or equal to spoon-feeding approach.

There are quite a number of ways to make children learn and at the end, their ...

同意,由其是Vic的教學模式需貫切至家庭日常生活中,一個清晰的assessement老師和家長才可互相合作持續改進小朋友的表現。你有冇同學校反映過?

另外我想提一吓唔係識幾多字或做到幾多數就係good academic呢

發表於 10-5-18 12:56 |顯示全部帖子
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

發表於 10-5-18 15:20 |顯示全部帖子
各位的回應令我對問題的理解更清晰.

我一直認為,"玩" 對小朋友(BABY TO TODDLER STAGE)可以說是很重要/甚至很神聖的一個字.對他們來說,玩=學習,學習=玩.小朋友首先要覺得這件事好玩,他才會有興趣去知多一點.當他有了學習動機,就可以比較好地進入制度化了的教育系統裡面.

我越來越同意這點,是因為當我發現我囡囡上了幾個月的音樂班之後,因為她極度喜愛,除了學懂簡單拍子,學會唱很多歌之外,居然還會拿出歌辭(英文)慢慢睇,又居然令她自己認識了好幾個生字(會讀會認).

kg的首要任務,是令小朋友鍾意返學(用小朋友的語言,即係好好玩).所以,vic 這方面的能力毋容置疑(當然,也有其他kg這方面也突出).

接下來,就關心vic vs 升小學的問題了.其實即是孩子們怎樣在教育制度之下生存的問題,亦即是acadamic result如何. 老實講,我有時真的不知怎才叫做好的acadamic result.到底,(舉例),一個識背誦100個英文字的小朋友的acadamic 強,或是一個掌握phonics但只懂70個英文字的小朋友能力強?

如果target life long learning,我會選後者;如果要考傳統學校的考試,那前者可能佔優.結論就是,小朋友進入了哪一套遊戲規則(教育制度),他就要學懂在那套遊戲中的生存方法(也就是授之以漁那個"漁"字).

vic會授什麼漁給學生,我不知道,因為我囡囡今年才入讀.

所以,我倒想問問VIC的家長,你們覺得小朋友讀了VIC之後,最大的進步(除英文之外)是什麼?

以上愚見,長氣了,別見笑.

發表於 10-5-18 16:11 |顯示全部帖子
Hi all,

A comprehensive assessment is needed for all of our children.  This is an issue which everybody (the general public) knows or should know.

There is no need to tell this to any schools because they are the most professional and educational faciltators and they fully understand the importance of this.

Here is the website for us to talk and chat only!!!  I have fully expressed my view here...ai...ai...

Plus: From my point of view, academic level is as important as other learning experience (e.g. learning to learn, logical thinking, developing interest in extra-curricular activities ...)
Poor children, they have to be trained as all-rounded persons... in this competitive world...

And poor mums, they have to be trained to teach children and help them whatever possible...

Don't worry, if you are a fan of Vic or a kindergarten teacher, no problem, you have your stance.  

And i have my standpoint.   I still think Vic is a good school, encouraging students to learn life-long.

I am trying to be objective since my girl joined their playgroup. I talked to kindergarten teachers, parents of Vic, social workers specializing chidlren psychology, occupational therapists in Hong Kong and draw a conclusion  like this..

We live in Hong Kong, a place where freedom of speech is allowed.  These are just my opinions.(very narrow-minded)

Dont' get too annoyed or angry if you are a fan of "Vic".

Sorry!!! Sorry!!!

原帖由 brrbaby2007 於 10-5-18 10:58 發表

同意,由其是Vic的教學模式需貫切至家庭日常生活中,一個清晰的assessement老師和家長才可互相合作持續改進小朋友的表現。你有冇同學校反映過?

另外我想提一吓唔係識幾多字或做到幾多數就係good academic呢 ...

發表於 10-5-18 16:25 |顯示全部帖子
Hi Christi,

You are so objective in explaining what our children in Hong Kong need in the key learning stage.

"Academic " might mean how you make good use of your learning strategies such as learning how to explore, analyse ...and apply this in your daily learning experience or in the lessons /exams at school.

The basic element should be  - you have a heart/motivation to learn.  (Vic can surely do it!!!)

More important things that follow: How we (parents/schools) consolidate their learning experience so that they acheive a considerably good academic result.

There are two class teachers in Vic: one is a HK lady, and another is a NET.  If your child is good in English or likes English very much, there will be plenty of time / chances for your child to talk or respond to the NET as the NET would be in the classroom for a total of 3 hours.

Of course, if your child is a person who always takes the initiative or the responsibility to do things or talk, learning would always be fun and fruitful in the "free play" learning environment.

Or if you, as a mum, have sufficient time to tutor your child at home to collaborate with the school, facilitating your child's learning, everything will be fine.

原帖由 Christi 於 10-5-18 15:20 發表
各位的回應令我對問題的理解更清晰.

我一直認為,"玩" 對小朋友(BABY TO TODDLER STAGE)可以說是很重要/甚至很神聖的一個字.對他們來說,玩=學習,學習=玩.小朋友首先要覺得這件事好玩,他才會有興趣去知多一點.當他有 ...

發表於 10-5-18 16:29 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 ranicanice 於 10-5-18 16:11 發表
Hi all,

A comprehensive assessment is needed for all of our children.  This is an issue which everybody (the general public) knows or should know.

There is no need to tell this to any schools becau ...

是否有甚麽誤會?我是同意你的觀點的。我只不過順帶提一下academic並非識多幾個字or識做幾多數就叫好。因為好多人話Vic淨係識玩但實際我想不是這樣。我B未在Vic讀還是讓在Vic讀的家長談一下比較好:idea:

發表於 10-5-18 16:38 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 ranicanice 於 10-5-18 16:25 發表
Hi Christi,

You are so objective in explaining what our children in Hong Kong need in the key learning stage.

"Academic " might mean how you make good use of your learning strategies such as learnin ...

想請教吓點解你用"free play" 而不是"structured play"呢?因為"free play"好似係任由小朋友隨意玩,我B而家在IS就是這樣,我覺得不是很好,但老師話N1這樣最好,K1就開始不一樣wo...

發表於 10-5-18 17:54 |顯示全部帖子
no worry .. i don't think the school will look at the "assessment results" of N1 / even K1 when you apply other schools. They focus on interview performane more!

原帖由 ranicanice 於 10-5-17 12:47 發表
Hi jl118

I think my girl is of the same class with your girl. (the bigger children in the morning session)

Totally agree with your comments on Vic's education and teaching.

As for the assessment r ...

發表於 10-5-20 15:37 |顯示全部帖子
Yes, you are right to a certain extent if we apply K1.

But, then how about K2? At least, the other schools would have a "look" at the assessment report.

You know, children's performance may vary from time to time.  The performance in the interview may not truly reflect children's personality and abilities.

Another important point is: This is a life-long record.  Even not too many people would pay attention to it, to be fair and objective, the assessment should be done seriously and comprehensively.

This is the principle we, as civilized and modern people should adhere.

原帖由 twinsstar 於 10-5-18 17:54 發表
no worry .. i don't think the school will look at the "assessment results" of N1 / even K1 when you apply other schools. They focus on interview performane more!

發表於 10-5-20 16:10 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 brrbaby2007 於 10-5-18 16:38 發表

想請教吓點解你用"free play" 而不是"structured play"呢?因為"free play"好似係任由小朋友隨意玩,我B而家在IS就是這樣,我覺得不是很好,但老師話N1這樣最好,K1就開始不一樣wo... ...

Hi,

What i mean "free play" is letting children to choose what they have to learn / do in the classroom.
You are right.

"Free play" should not be emphasised in classroom learning as students may form a bad habit of learning, choosing whatever they want to do.

In a group activity, children should be "trained" to stay in the group, trying to get involved in the activity even they are not very interested in it.

Clear "limits" or "rules" should be taught to children so that they would not always walk away from the group activity.

發表於 10-5-20 16:13 |顯示全部帖子
"Letting children to walk around, choosing whatever they want to do " does not equal to "Learning to explore".  This should not be wrongly interpreted.

Children can learn to explore in many ways, but not in this way.

原帖由 ranicanice 於 10-5-20 16:10 發表

Hi,

What i mean "free play" is letting children to choose what they have to learn / do in the classroom.
You are right.

"Free play" should not be emphasised in classroom learning as students may  ...

發表於 10-5-20 16:21 |顯示全部帖子
Motivating students to learn, training students to learn things or wait patiently which they may not have interest in , and getting unmotiviated students involved in the activity are the basic teaching duties.

If your children are lucky enough, you will have good teachers like this...helping children whatever they can...thinking ways to help ...

I repeat: Hong Kong is a place where freedom of speech is enjoyed under the law.  This is a value we should treasure.

Being a responsible and open-minded child educator, or a worker, he or she should be ready to accept different opinions and adjust their teaching pedagogies...

原帖由 ranicanice 於 10-5-20 16:13 發表
"Letting children to walk around, choosing whatever they want to do " does not equal to "Learning to explore".  This should not be wrongly interpreted.

Children can learn to explore in many ways, but ...

醒目開學勳章

發表於 10-5-31 23:11 |顯示全部帖子
so, will your son/daughters continue to study K1 at Victoria Harbour Green?

發表於 10-6-1 11:07 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 mrshoho 於 10-5-31 23:11 發表
so, will your son/daughters continue to study K1 at Victoria Harbour Green?

Hi mrshoho,

Yes, my baby will continue to study K1 at HG.

Is there anything to share with us?

發表於 10-6-1 11:58 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 ranicanice 於 10-6-1 11:07 發表

Hi mrshoho,

Yes, my baby will continue to study K1 at HG.

Is there anything to share with us?

Hi ranicanice, 可否分享吓Vic有甚麼吸引你留下呢?另外,唔知你有冇睇到我係另一個post reply你關于free play的問題我比較擔心,請問老師有冇跟進改善?謝謝!

響另一個post見到HG收左你囡囡,恭起你

發表於 10-6-1 14:34 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 brrbaby2007 於 10-6-1 11:58 發表

Hi ranicanice, 可否分享吓Vic有甚麼吸引你留下呢?另外,唔知你有冇睇到我係另一個post reply你關于free play的問題我比較擔心,請問老師有冇跟進改善?謝謝!

響另一個post見到HG收左你囡囡,恭起你 ...

Hi brrbaby2007,

你也很緊貼Vic 的動態喎!

首先, 謝謝你的恭賀.

I have read your reply.  It's good to communicate with each other and understand each other's point of view by raising questions and giving responses.  I have actually thought my child's education in-depth since having my views posted in this website.

Regarding the continual of education in Vic, I do want to see if my child would like to study in this school for another year. If this is really suitable for her, she would complete her kindergarten schooling in this school.

she is quite a "special" girl who has her own way of seeing things.  If i put her in traditional schools, sitting there in the classrooms, reading books, reciting poems, rhymes, songs, she might lack motivation to learn.  She would see this as a kind of "suppression".

One of my friend's girl who once studied in a traditional school has become a passive, quiet girl. But actually, this girl is very clever and is happy to interact with adults and classmates.

發表於 10-6-1 14:40 |顯示全部帖子
Hi,

As for the follow-up work done by the teacher, the only thing that i could see is they keep calling parents about the recent happenings of their children.  They need "us" to help the children, for example giving extra tutorial classes (attending training sessions outside) to them so that they would follow instructions in class things like that...

They said they have done something in class for example asking students to sit down and complete the work first before moving to another game table ...

Whether this is effective or not is a question.

原帖由 ranicanice 於 10-6-1 14:34 發表

Hi brrbaby2007,

你也很緊貼Vic 的動態喎!

首先, 謝謝你的恭賀.

I have read your reply.  It's good to communicate with each other and understand each other's point of view by raising questions and ...

發表於 10-6-1 14:42 |顯示全部帖子
Hi,

If you remember what i've said before, if your child is smart, and like to follow what the teachers' have said, there will not be many problems in a classroom like this.

To be fair, we, as parents, have the responsiblity to help our children.

It is difficult for teachers to care all children's needs.

原帖由 ranicanice 於 10-6-1 14:40 發表
Hi,

As for the follow-up work done by the teacher, the only thing that i could see is they keep calling parents about the recent happenings of their children.  They need "us" to help the children, fo ...

發表於 10-6-1 14:59 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 ranicanice 於 10-6-1 14:34 發表

Hi brrbaby2007,

你也很緊貼Vic 的動態喎!

首先, 謝謝你的恭賀.

I have read your reply.  It's good to communicate with each other and understand each other's point of view by raising questions and ...

多謝分享,其實我係c9八掛,個個topic都搭吓咀

而且Vic收左我個B,我係turn down左好多offers先註冊Vic,所以如果有機會再深入了解Vic我自然緊張問吓呢

發表於 10-6-1 16:20 |顯示全部帖子
thanks ranicanice for your sharing.it helps.