搜索
教育王國 討論區 海外留學 study back to canada
發新帖
查看: 2491|回覆: 18
go

study back to canada [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 10-4-15 21:25 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
My son is a Canadian and will plan to back to Canada for further study alone. I'm not the Canadian.

My questions are:
Does he need to pay the fee as he is a Canadian?
What kind of fee he need to pay?
Which school/course will be suitable for him?  UTP/Grade 12?

Thank a lot.
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 10-4-18 09:00 |只看該作者
I have the almost  problems as you. Luckly We're all Canadian. My kids coming Sept are F6,F4,F1.The F6/F4 will go first, but the F1 , I want she learn some more friends in her Seconday School life before she go back.bcos 完全無中學同學,完全好似無 friend,無根 at least has friend in Secondary School會好D咁. she will stay with me for a few months to a year only. I need a little bit more time to prepare all things in HK before I left.

3#
發表於 10-4-18 09:03 |只看該作者
The school fee is international Student.If both parents not pay tax Canadaian.
You can find the information in 中僑互助社 Canada.

4#
發表於 10-4-18 19:31 |只看該作者
Thank a lot!

Do you think that it would better to find a agent to help my son to apply a UTP in Canada after finished his F.5 this year.

Do you have any suggestions.

5#
發表於 10-4-22 17:46 |只看該作者
I studies in Canada as a foreign student about 20 years ago and the application was done through an agent. If you don't have any idea on the school application procedures, it is much better to have an angent to help.  Also, my agent helped to find home stay family and accompanied us to Canada.  

I am planning to let my daugther go back to Canada a few years later.  Same as you people, I am worrying the school matters!!  My daugther and my husband are Canadian, but I am not.  If my daugther studies in Canada as a Canadian resident, my husband may bear a risk that the Canadian Government may chase for my husband's income tax payment earned from oversea.  If studying there as a foreign student, it is quite expensive!!

6#
發表於 10-4-23 07:25 |只看該作者
Thank your reply.  Can you tell me the name of your agent.

Same as your worry.  I wonder whether he needs to pay international student fee when he is 18 because a friend tells me that he needs to pay a year international student fee but would pay local student fee after 1 academic year.

7#
發表於 10-4-23 09:04 |只看該作者
I don't have any contact with the agent now or you may try to serach from the internet as I have seen many advertisments about studying overseas.  If you are going to Vancouver, I can give you my high school name.

原帖由 masonchung 於 10-4-23 07:25 發表
Thank your reply.  Can you tell me the name of your agent.

Same as your worry.  I wonder whether he needs to pay international student fee when he is 18 because a friend tells me that he needs to pay ...

8#
發表於 10-4-27 00:27 |只看該作者

回覆 1# masonchung 的文章

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

9#
發表於 10-4-27 00:30 |只看該作者

10#
發表於 10-4-27 22:12 |只看該作者
Thank your valuable information talent 2000.  
Is there any difference if my child just stay in Canada alone (Homestay).  
Also I want to know how about if my child (Canadian) is 18 and want to study in Canada U alone after AL in Hong Kong. The acadamic result is fair.  Can he direct apply U in Canada?

11#
發表於 10-4-28 09:23 |只看該作者
Do you mean you want to apply the Canadian universities directly in HK after the AL?  First of all, I suggest you to take TOEFL in HK and at least need to score 570 over above, but I heard that the standard is much higher now.  You better check out the requirements of the unversities that you want to apply for.

Honestly, it is not very easy to get into the universities even the local Canadian students. I suggest you to take Grade 12 or Grade 13 (in Ontario) before apply the unversities so that your son can take time to adapt to the new environment and prepare himself.  If your son's AL results are very good, I think the unversities may cansider the application.

It is not university's concern whether your son is homestay student or staying in boarding house or staying with relative.

12#
發表於 10-4-30 23:37 |只看該作者
Recently I went to agent to ask about the information about study back to Canada.  The agent told me that my son could apply the foundation course of Simon Fraser U or Manitoba U after F.5.
Anyone could me more information about these two U.  I wonder if my son could take the foundation course.  What is the academic level and the reputation of these two U as I knew very little of them.  Thank you.

13#
發表於 10-5-2 08:56 |只看該作者
我原本同你一樣,只想個大女考完會考自已去homestay,The agent told me that my daught  could apply the foundation course of Simon Fraser U or Manitoba U after F.5.但無乜人知果間 Simon Fraser International college.但  agent 話同人講SFC就有人知喎!!SFU我就識,
    終於決定我囡囡將會24-6-2010 去vancouver考入學試,跟住我們一家也會返加住!我還有二個F.4,F1.coming Sept,要留357年囉,
     仲有其它way to U的,就是行college or adult school,可以平D喎!!!所突然要走都有好多野安排!!又不可帶好多東西去,每人行里得20kg/人x2. 成個家庭咁多野要用,又要錢,都係屋企又乜就帶乜,用完幾年就算了.好煩!!

14#
發表於 10-5-2 23:58 |只看該作者

回覆 10# masonchung 的文章

15#
發表於 10-5-3 00:05 |只看該作者

回覆 12# masonchung 的文章

16#
發表於 10-5-3 00:19 |只看該作者

回覆 13# chuchu-fighting 的文章

17#
發表於 10-5-4 18:20 |只看該作者
Actually my son (18 yo)may go to study in Canada U after AL.  I wonder whether he needs to pay the fee as an international student. Surely, he would apply U by self and live in Canada alone.
Could anyone tell me the school fee of an U for local student.

18#
發表於 10-5-5 12:11 |只看該作者
I am a single mom. I want to send my daughter back to Canada to study secondary two years later. My daughter is born in HK but have Canadian citizenship because her father is a Canadian. I want to know whether I can go along with here to Canada or she have to study there alone. Any also want to know whether she have to pay local student's fee or International Student fee. Anybody can help? Thanks.

[ 本帖最後由 laughingma 於 10-5-5 12:13 編輯 ]

19#
發表於 10-5-5 21:36 |只看該作者
‹ 上一主題|下一主題