搜索
教育王國 討論區 小一選校 英華校友促停收運動精英
樓主: Spidermum
go

英華校友促停收運動精英 [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 10-3-13 17:45 |只看該作者
原帖由 Kangaroo 於 10-3-13 16:04 發表
教育究竟應以學生為中心,定校譽為中心?過份攻利的學校造成今日年青人只求目的,不理手法,不理道德。這就是香港特色的教育?這就是培育香港未來主人翁的方法?

嘗試將這些問題電郵給有關學校的校長,看他們怎樣回應。

22#
發表於 10-3-13 21:55 |只看該作者
插班生又有幾多位鴉?

招攬返來就靠自己(教練)培養架啦。

校隊有生力軍而舊隊員無得出賽都正常,呢個本來就係競爭的世界。

23#
發表於 10-3-14 12:33 |只看該作者
  is this really the best for a talented girl like her ? and did the school try to give her any support before the Principal threatened her that way, knowing that she came from a Chinese school ? Students go to a school to learn, not to be used.

原帖由 囝囝爸 於 10-3-13 14:49 發表
現就讀中二的陳彥婷,小學四年級時,首次參加全港小學區際一百米田徑比賽,以第三名的優秀成績,一鳴驚人,被屈臣氏田徑會的「星探」教練挑選作重點訓練。

及至小六升中,田徑會教練建議她報讀拔萃女書院(女拔),認為該校對學生運動 ...

24#
發表於 10-3-14 12:35 |只看該作者
support the old boys !!

原帖由 Spidermum 於 10-3-11 00:32 發表
英 華 校 友 促 停 收 運 動 精 英 有 英 華 書 院 校 友 在 校 內 張 貼 大 字 報 , 反 對 校 方 羅 致 運 動 表 現 優 異 的 轉 校 生 。     
(星島 ...

25#
發表於 10-3-14 15:06 |只看該作者
當年我學校有個F1仔打網球好勁,全校冠軍,F2已經見唔到佢,佢+PE亞sir 去咗LS。

或者咁啱佢成績又勁插得到啩

原帖由 wunma 於 10-3-12 10:41 發表
喇沙唔係, 唔好拉人落水.

喇沙每年插班生名額都好少, 收來的外校生要看成績, 其次係課外活動表現. 喇沙在運動會上的口號包括"不假外求". 可以大大聲咁講, 更唔會"買學生".

中一收來的學生就是自己人, 不算外求.

26#
發表於 10-3-14 20:46 |只看該作者
收購運動尖子呢個情況一向都係學界存在,問題係有部份學校買左個運動員後,就淨係要求佢贏比賽,學業成績唔會理,好似職業運動員一樣,間接令到原校生無晒參與機會,呢個先係問題所在!
Ryan[img align=right]http://hk.f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ahfachan/detail?.dir=/16de&.dnm=4394.jpg[/img]http://images3.fotop.net/albums3/afc/afc/two_brothers_2_very_small_001.jpg[img align=left]http://images3.fotop.net/albums3/afc/afc/two_brothers_2_very_small_001.jpg[/img]

27#
發表於 10-3-14 23:07 |只看該作者
"Students go to a school to learn, not to be used."
GOOD SAY!!!!

原帖由 HoHoMom 於 10-3-14 12:33 發表
  is this really the best for a talented girl like her ? and did the school try to give her any support before the Principal threatened her that way, knowing that she came from a Chinese school  ...

28#
發表於 10-3-15 00:00 |只看該作者
原帖由 囝囝爸 於 10-3-13 14:49 發表
現就讀中二的陳彥婷,小學四年級時,首次參加全港小學區際一百米田徑比賽,以第三名的優秀成績,一鳴驚人,被屈臣氏田徑會的「星探」教練挑選作重點訓練。

及至小六升中,田徑會教練建議她報讀拔萃女書院(女拔),認為該校對學生運動 ...

要練好田徑,加入田徑會不就是嗎?就算學校的體育老師正就是港隊教練,又是否及得上田徑會的專項呢?每天上五小時多課,初則英文聽不明,到英文聽得明,又到內容不明,既浪費時間,又影響心理。在原校參加Division 3學界賽,跑9秒9也不會一鳴驚人嗎?如繼續在原校讀,多幾天到田徑會練習,最緊要是田徑會艱苦集中的訓練,怎不會跑出成續來。學業不能兼顧嗎?在原校留一兩年,起碼上課時聽得明,學得到,最後也應可考到full cert. 罷。在dgs,die hard。

名校間間都收運動精英, 有咩問題? 名校就可以害人嗎?

29#
發表於 10-3-15 13:51 |只看該作者
I copied a message from Mark Huang, VP of LSCOBA (after Day 3 of D1 Inter-school Athletics Meet), and I think it does point out the current phenomenon of student athletes poaching in HK and it worths sharing here:

The boys trained very well and hard this year, the best team we've seen in the past 7 or 8 years. However, our competition exceeded their standards significantly, especially in the afternoon yesterday, and coupled with some errors and injuries, the margin we gained in the morning slipped away, and we lost the overall. We definitely have work to improve ourselves further. Nevertheless, looking back this year, the boys began training since last summer, even though without the track and field that was under resurfacing. If we want to talk education, La Salle taught our boys of the importance of training hard, and the value of fighting our battles with our own home trained athletes, and how to win and lose. Tonight at the traditional team BBQ, the boys had a great time, were happy with themselves, still held the heads up high and above all vowed to work harder for the next competition.

I continue to be disappointed and disgusted with how some schools claim to be the best of whatever, but they can only win relying heavily on stealing star athletes from other schools. Shame on these schools and my pity on students from those schools who suffer under that policy. My pity also on those less famous schools that lose out to these so-called "famous" schools. They worked hard to train their students to become outstanding, but then these poaching schools just shamelessly attract them over, at any form, at any time in a school year, and at any academic standard, so long as they have some sporting value to the school.

I don’t like making poaching an issue again, especially when we lost and we seem to use this as a convenient excuse for our defeat. But then when speaking with other schools who are victim to these poaching practices, I feel it’s important for us to voice out against poaching, in turn giving these less well-known schools a chance to make their sufferings due to poaching known. To LSC, we stand to lose, come second and get frustrated. To some of these other schools, the one or two star athletes are probably all they have to keep the school afloat in Division 1. Lose them and that’s the end of the school’s position in Division 1 or 2. Their pains are surely no less than ours.

Stephen, the DSS scheme does not work in our favour, but then what difference does it make? They will poach in any circumstance, while we hold onto our principles of educating whomever we are blessed with in F.1. The value of sports to these schools is to be the so-called best of everything, and make themselves look elite. Thankfully there are still schools that remember the value of sports as a channel to educate - to instill the value of hard training, team work and discipline, and above all winning honorably and losing gracefully. Our respect to these schools among them is Hoi Ping Chamber of Commerce Secondary School, a co-ed school that has been training their students extremely well and with a much smaller student population compared to us. They worked their way up from Division 3 a bit more than a decade ago, and now hold a very strong respectable position in Division 1. They deserve our greatest respect, and in fact yesterday at the prize presentation, LSC athletes offered them a standing ovation when they received their trophies for coming 4th in A and B grades and also overall.

The practice of secondary student poaching seems to be growing in HK, Ying Wa College is another very aggressively poaching school, and there are very loud outcries from their students and alumni against it. SJAC is another one turning active in poaching too. In swimming, sadly SJC our sister school is actively practicing this as well.

I will never forget the words the Interschool Div 1 Athletics Meet Sports Convener said in his Covenor Report around 1984 or 85. Like it or not, he referred to titles won by poaching schools as hollow champions.

Anyway, win or lose, let’s keep working hard with our boys, and believe in our values.

原帖由 Chole 於 10-3-14 15:06 發表
當年我學校有個F1仔打網球好勁,全校冠軍,F2已經見唔到佢,佢+PE亞sir 去咗LS。

或者咁啱佢成績又勁插得到啩

[ 本帖最後由 siufu 於 10-3-15 13:52 編輯 ]

30#
發表於 10-3-15 14:12 |只看該作者
my boy is being trained since p1 in handball and drum. Hopefully one day he could be of value to the school team in glory.

31#
發表於 10-3-15 23:30 |只看該作者
成績差仲好, dss 可以有留班位, 咁年年都可以出賽為校增光!!!!

32#
發表於 10-3-16 10:38 |只看該作者
Whilst I brought my son to Olympic Math last couple weeks, there was a father asking if my son was studying at LX or DXS.

My wife said no and the father told us that his son is champion at joined primary schools Athletic and was offered a seat in both LX and DXS...

This is the fact and what everyone doing.  What is fair?

I will ask my boy to meet the standard should the school bring in some genius.  Think positively.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題