搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 比較蘇淅及維多利亞幼稚園
樓主: my1stbaby
go

比較蘇淅及維多利亞幼稚園

發表於 10-3-23 16:17 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 wootaitai 於 10-3-18 22:49 發表

playgroup was bad but I have to say the normal classes was much better

Hi Wootaitai, may I know what was wrong with the Playgroup?  My kids go to Victoria's PG and enjoyed it very much.  I would say that they learn most of their songs from Victoria and they like to talk about their PG teachers.  They also attend a Montessori school and I would say they are less fond of it though they learn a lot of life skills.  

In the Montessori school, the report is more details but rating is also quite simple - W= work in progress, I = Improved and M = mastered.  

The only thing I don't like about Victoria is their reports being too simple (I'm ok with W and L) and they usually come VERY VERY late.  I didn't get the Sept report until early 2010!  Also their notice for school activities usually come very very late (sports day on Sat but only notified on Thurs)!  

As I don't spend much time in PG with the kids I am curious to know the problems with PG.  

Thanks!

發表於 10-4-3 01:39 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 Sorb 於 10-3-15 14:16 發表
I have the same dilemma 2 years ago, and I have chosen 蘇淅.  

If you target a KG with very good mandarine, and with some balance of English at the same time, go to 蘇淅http://das.baby-kingdom.com/ww ...

"If you target a KG with very good mandarine, and with some balance of English at the same time, go to 蘇淅.  If you target a school with good English, go to 維多利亞."

-->>其實我仔仔都有康怡間維記既offer,不過因為我怕佢太free,所以都吾打算要!但睇到你呢句,我有點擔心添,因為我想仔仔英文都好,咁蘇浙係咪吾夠英文training呢?要出面再補?

發表於 10-4-6 01:25 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 1# pingu_k 的文章

I was so unhappy because my daughter
failed to enter the Victoria PN class,
eventhough she joined the playgroup.
Not only me, some of parents are same case as me. So, the interview is
very important. Don't have a wrong
mind that playgroup is a chanel to enter it. If you really want to enter Victoria, pls aware it.

發表於 10-4-6 22:35 |顯示全部帖子
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

發表於 10-4-7 00:01 |顯示全部帖子
Pingu_k, it is difficult to have a 針 that is 兩頭利, you have to make a choice.  You imagin it yourself, for Victoria, they will have a NET full time throughout the 3-hours class (if I have not mistaken), but for KCS, it only have a NET for 45 minutes each day with the rest 2 hours 15 minutes all in Mandarine.  As one of the mums has commented earlier, this is the main reason why Victoria is $4,000 more expensive than KCS loh.

原帖由 pingu_k 於 10-4-3 01:39 發表

"If you target a KG with very good mandarine, and with some balance of English at the same time, go to 蘇淅http://das.baby-kingdom.com/www/delivery/avw.php?zoneid=37&bannerid=121&cb=11224486&n=a136f ...

發表於 10-4-7 12:54 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 wootaitai 於 10-4-6 22:35 發表
HI

I think its just not very age appropriate. The routine is quite similar to a condensed PN which is not very appropriate when it involves an adult and the time span for each activity is quite short ...

Wootaitai, based on your comments, Vic PG doesn't sound very good then.  I guess this might be teacher/ campus specific?  I agree the kids tend to rush from 1 spot to the next but I do feel that there are some good teacher-bb interactions because the girls won't stop talking about their teachers in PG.  Oh well, I think we'll probably stop their PG soon before our summer holiday.  :)

發表於 10-4-7 14:31 |顯示全部帖子
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

發表於 10-4-7 21:35 |顯示全部帖子
My son is studying at Victoria PN class.  He is a shy/sensitive boy and very clingy to the school teachers.  I am so glad that both the Eng and Cantonese teachers are very patient and they spend a lot of time with my kid.  Even though he is not active at class, he learns quite a lot and can communicate in simple English (cantonese is our mother tongue).  

The assessment report is simple but I have frequent communications with the teachers and therefore I am ok  with it.

In all, I am very satisfied with Victoria.

發表於 10-4-8 11:40 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 wootaitai 於 10-4-7 14:31 發表
maybe I attended Saturday only class and my kids did not adapt fully to the routine....

I think it really depends on the teacher and his/her experience.  I've been to other pgs - regular teacher was very good but any substitute temp teacher was terrible (kids were out of control)....heee heee

發表於 10-4-9 00:21 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 Sorb 於 10-4-7 00:01 發表
Pingu_k, it is difficult to have a 針 that is 兩頭利, you have to make a choice.  You imagin it yourself, for Victoria, they will have a NET full time throughout the 3-hours class (if I have not mista ...

tks!  in fact, "a NET for 45 mins" seems quite gd already when compared to general KGs (those which are not specially famous in putting emphasis on English), right?

發表於 10-4-9 01:29 |顯示全部帖子
Sorb,

另想請問,蘇浙有無教phonics?老師又如何?有愛心嗎?(因為interview day見到有d老師年紀頗大及cool)

蘇浙K1開始係咪有分local stream & int'l stream?如果將來係讀本地傳統小學,係咪都係local stream較合適?tks!

發表於 10-4-9 02:10 |顯示全部帖子
Dear meipo28,

After reading your comments about Victoria, I feel less worry about studying in Victoria, coz my son is going to study in Victoria PN this year. Btw, would you still let your son continue to study in Victoria K1-3?

原帖由 meipo28 於 10-4-7 21:35 發表
My son is studying at Victoria PN class.  He is a shy/sensitive boy and very clingy to the school teachers.  I am so glad that both the Eng and Cantonese teachers are very patient and they spend a lot ...

發表於 10-4-9 02:35 |顯示全部帖子
Dear pingu_k,

I agree that  針無兩頭利, I prefer Victoria because of their English Education. My colleague has 2 sons. Her elder son studied in Victoria for K1 and then changed to another KG. Her younger son studied in Victoria from K1-3. She told me that her younger son's English is much better than the elder son. When her younger son learn some new English words (now in primary), he will use the phonic skills that he learnt from Vic KG to read the new words, but her elder son cannot do this and he will only force himself to memorize it! My colleague said she did not pay extra on Eng learning classes for her younger son. So I think Victoria has its value in terms of the language.

原帖由 pingu_k 於 10-4-9 00:21 發表

tks!  in fact, "a NET for 45 mins" seems quite gd already when compared to general KGs (those which are not specially famous in putting emphasis on English), right?

發表於 10-4-9 03:07 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 1# beratse 的文章

I like Victoria very much.
My son was shy and dared not to speak in front of others before. After studying in Victoria for around half year, he is opened. The teachers are kind. They always encourage my son. Therefore, he likes going to school. Besides, his Eng improves a lot. He can read simple stories now (He's in K2). In terms of Eng. learning (especially phonic skills), it should be a good school.

發表於 10-4-9 09:35 |顯示全部帖子
Answer to Pingu_k's questions:

蘇浙有無教phonics? Yes, KCS teachers Jolly Phonics starting from K1. My girl (now in K1) knows the pnonic sound of most letters now.  To me, phonics is not that difficult to learn, if you think not enough from school, you can easily find good phonic class outside to supplement with the saving from the school fee : )

老師又如何?有愛心嗎?(因為interview day見到有d老師年紀頗大及cool) I can only comment on the teachers that I have met.  My girl is very lucky, all her teachers are very caring and loving.  My girl enjoys school very much, she keeps on asking me to take her to school in the past few days.  In my opinion, relatively old people sometimes are more caring and knowledgeble with the experience accumulated in the past.  

蘇浙K1開始係咪有分local stream & int'l stream?如果將來係讀本地傳統小學,係咪都係local stream較合適?  Yes, starting from K1, they have 2 streams.  If you prefer local primary schools, local stream (KG) is more suitable.  If you can accept, you can place your kid into both streams.  I know a few kids studying in KCS local KG in the morning  and then int'l (PM) KG stream in PM.  The school will take care of the children's lunch and give them a place to stay/play before PM class start.

I remember I have shared with you in other thread about KCS, last piece of information to you , those KCS K1 kids that I am familiar with are actually very good in English, a few very smart one (not including my girl) can read K3 or even P1 level books while in K1, which is really amazing.  I think family input is also important in addition to the 45 minutes English time from school. I do not spend a lot of time on my girl's academic, so, my girl is not among those smart ones : )

Hope the above help!  Cheers.

原帖由 pingu_k 於 10-4-9 01:29 發表
Sorb,

另想請問,蘇浙有無教phonics?老師又如何?有愛心嗎?(因為interview day見到有d老師年紀頗大及cool)

蘇浙K1開始係咪有分local stream & int'l stream?如果將來係讀本地傳統小學,係咪都係local stream較合適?tk ...

發表於 10-4-9 10:03 |顯示全部帖子
Dear ashleymommy,

Thanks for your comments, it is happy to know that your son feels good to go to Victoria. I hope my son will enjoy the life in Victoria too.

Which campus is your son studying in? My son will study in Belcher campus.

原帖由 ashleymommy 於 10-4-9 03:07 發表
I like Victoria very much.
My son was shy and dared not to speak in front of others before. After studying in Victoria for around half year, he is opened. The teachers are kind. They always encourage ...

發表於 10-4-9 10:31 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 1# beratse 的文章

In South Horizons.

發表於 10-4-10 00:14 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 Sorb 於 10-4-9 09:35 發表

蘇浙有無教phonicshttp://das.baby-kingdom.com/www/delivery/avw.php?zoneid=37&bannerid=69&cb=11224462&n=a136fd02? Yes, KCS teachers Jolly Phonics starting from K1. My gir ...

really tks for your advice!!  yes, u've already given me lots of valuable advice b4 as I've struggled between So Chit, Think & Keen Mind earlier! Finally, my boy is only on Keen Mind's waiting list & I don't hv to struggle between So Chit & KM anymore! & i've already given up Think's offer.

btw, i've never thought of putting my son in both am & pm classes!!! @.@ um.........seems to be a gd idea, but also seems to be too harsh for a kid, right?

發表於 10-5-4 20:29 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 Sorb 於 10-3-15 14:21 發表
Another reason for me choosing 蘇淅 is because it's campus is much much better than Victoria's campus in Foretress Hill.    ...

Hi all, we are also struggling between Victoria and KCS. We visited KCS campus this morning and found a big problem. We stayed for about 30 minutes while all school busessss queuing up in the playground to unload the small kidsssss.  I wondered why these school buses did not switch off the engine since it generates lots of CO2 which cannot go away in the enclosed U-shape campus.  We felt very uncomfortable and decided to give it up.

Hope the parents pay attention to this and the school can improve it.

發表於 10-5-5 14:35 |顯示全部帖子
thank you so much for yr valuable inputs!!

i have confirmed my choice - KCS (and give up Victoria and others).

hope to see you all soon in KCS!

原帖由 Sorb 於 10-4-9 09:35 發表

蘇浙有無教phonicshttp://das.baby-kingdom.com/www/delivery/avw.php?zoneid=37&bannerid=69&cb=11224462&n=a136fd02? Yes, KCS teachers Jolly Phonics starting from K1. My gir ...