比較蘇淅及維多利亞幼稚園 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 10-3-8 17:42 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
蘇淅幼稚園的本地課程及維多利亞的兩文三語可否告訴我如何取捨及兩者優劣分別
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 10-3-15 10:41 |只看該作者

回覆 1# my1stbaby 的文章

i'm facing the same problem. i think both are good schools. but i'll choose 蘇淅 because i want my child's discipline to be good.

other parents, please give your opinion. thanks a lot!!!

醒目開學勳章

3#
發表於 10-3-15 13:49 |只看該作者
唔知你又報嘅?

原帖由 my1stbaby 於 10-3-8 17:42 發表
蘇淅幼稚園的本地課程及維多利亞的兩文三語可否告訴我如何取捨及兩者優劣分別

4#
發表於 10-3-15 14:16 |只看該作者
I have the same dilemma 2 years ago, and I have chosen 蘇淅.  

If you target a KG with very good mandarine, and with some balance of English at the same time, go to 蘇淅.  If you target a school with good English, go to 維多利亞.  

If you want to enjoy the Pre-primary Education voucher, choose 蘇淅 and save the $$$ for other after school activities.

If you want your kid to have happy KG life, both KG are happy KG without too much homework nor test.  

原帖由 pauljr 於 10-3-15 13:49 發表
唔知你又報嘅?

5#
發表於 10-3-15 14:21 |只看該作者
Another reason for me choosing 蘇淅 is because it's campus is much much better than Victoria's campus in Foretress Hill.  My kid has attended the Victoria playgroup before entering PN, so, I have the opportunity to use most of its facilities. To me, too crowded activity area for kids.

原帖由 Sorb 於 10-3-15 14:16 發表
I have the same dilemma 2 years ago, and I have chosen 蘇淅.  

If you target a KG with very good mandarine, and with some balance of English at the same time, go to 蘇淅http://das.baby-kingdom.com/ww ...

醒目開學勳章

6#
發表於 10-3-15 14:34 |只看該作者
但蘇淅的國際部同本地班幾大唔同.  本地班上英文堂的時間會好短, 國語佔長時間, 倒轉, 國際部就國語堂時間好短, 英文佔長時間.   蘇淅校舍比維紀好好多.

7#
發表於 10-3-17 12:54 |只看該作者
two years ago, i gave up Victoria and chose KCS (local stream)....I joined Victoria playgroup but it wasnt very good actually....in terms of teahers' quality, campus, $, KCS (local stream) is much better...now my son is in K1 (after pre-nursery in KCS)

8#
發表於 10-3-17 13:07 |只看該作者
原帖由 頂級美人 於 10-3-17 12:54 發表
two years ago, i gave up Victoria and chose KCS (local stream)....I joined Victoria playgroup but it wasnt very good actually....in terms of teahers' quality, campus, $, KCS (local stream) is much bet ...

維記d playgroup同正規課程唔同,擺明系賺錢,尤其係賺d想入維記讀書既人d錢,所以,唔應該用playgroup來理論維記既正規課程

9#
發表於 10-3-17 13:50 |只看該作者
my1stbaby,

I am in the same situation as you last year. Remember I got advice from many parents in baby kingdom. I have finally chosen Victoria (PN).

I can say I am happy with Victoria until now. I can't really compared Victoria and KCS because I have not yet studied there (though my husband was an old boy of KCS).

What I can say is, Victoria kids are very active and presentable in both English & Chinese. Kids are trained to present even when there since there were from PN class. Not too many homework but enjoy happy school life.

Big drawback is, very expensive!

Agreed with most of the parents here that it really depends what you NEED and what you want your kids to be. No perfect choice...

Hope it helps.

10#
發表於 10-3-18 12:12 |只看該作者
Agree that 維記d playgroup同正規課程唔同, 擺明系賺錢,尤其係賺d想入維記讀書既人d錢. I am one of those stupid parents actually, and as a result of the playgroup observation, I rejected the 正規課程 offer of 維記 after one-year investment in playgroup.

To me, there are something that one can compare after joining the playgroup, other than the hardware, such as the campus environment, we can also compare the quality of the teachers, those teachers teaching playgroup are exactly the teachers of the 正規課程.

原帖由 share123 於 10-3-17 13:07 發表

維記d playgroup同正規課程唔同,擺明系賺錢,尤其係賺d想入維記讀書既人d錢,所以,唔應該用playgroup來理論維記既正規課程

11#
發表於 10-3-18 15:08 |只看該作者
原帖由 Sorb 於 10-3-18 12:12 發表
Agree that 維記d playgroup同正規課程唔同, 擺明系賺錢,尤其係賺d想入維記讀書既人d錢. I am one of those stupid parents actually, and as a result of the playgroup observation, I rejected the 正規課程 offe ...

D老師我就無親眼觀察過,但維記d評估報告特別簡單,只有兩項,一個是W,另一個好像是L. 總之,拿著成績表好難分出小朋友既高低

12#
發表於 10-3-18 18:38 |只看該作者
原帖由 Sorb 於 10-3-18 12:12 發表
Agree that 維記d playgroup同正規課程唔同, 擺明系賺錢,尤其係賺d想入維記讀書既人d錢. I am one of those stupid parents actually, and as a result of the playgroup observation, I rejected the 正規課程 offe ...

Totally agree. Exactly what was in my mind. Teachers the same, campus the same. But to be fair to Victoria, it has expensive and fancy imported toys, which KCS does not have. For me, I'd rather save up the several thousand dollars and join many many English classes.

13#
發表於 10-3-18 22:49 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

14#
發表於 10-3-19 09:17 |只看該作者
But I am happy with only W & L. Since Victoria is a school that NOT focusing on your RESULT (求學不是求分數), thus they are happy as long as your kid meets the normal standard of that age group.

原帖由 share123 於 10-3-18 15:08 發表

15#
發表於 10-3-19 09:26 |只看該作者
As for the $$ issue, since Victoria is profit making without gov't subsidy, thus their charge will be much expensive.

However, one more reason which their school fee is high because they have 3 teachers, including 1 English teacher, speaking to your kid in Cantonese & English for 3 hours in small group (6-7 kids). Experience from many parents that you don't need to pay extra for English class at learning centre and many of them save $ from there.

原帖由 wootaitai 於 10-3-18 22:49 發表

playgroup was bad but I have to say the normal classes was much better

16#
發表於 10-3-19 09:43 |只看該作者
I fully trust the normal classes are better. Victoria charges such a high fee, it must have its value.   I trust the current Victoria parents are all smart, they won't stay there if Victoria is not giving them the value for the money.  But what I don't understand is: If Victoria has used playgroup as a tool to attract parents to their normal class, why  don't they operate it with better quality.  You know what, many parents that I know in the playgroup wanted to write the compliant letter to the principal........though they all stayed until the PN result was announced : )  It is a interesting phenomenum.

I don't know what I will comment if I have chosen Victoria normal class. But my own comment about KCS is:  It gives me much much more than the $660 school fee I have paid per month.

原帖由 esther.cy 於 10-3-19 09:26 發表
As for the $$ issue, since Victoria is profit making without gov't subsidy, thus their charge will be much expensive.

However, one more reason which their school fee is high because they have 3 teach ...

17#
發表於 10-3-19 15:12 |只看該作者
my son is studying at Victoria PN, although school fee is high but when you look at what the school providing, it's really worth!  Kids are happy and teachers with heart to teach!

18#
發表於 10-3-19 22:59 |只看該作者
Same case for me a few years ago and I have choosen KCS.  I want the kids to learn how to behave and be disciplined.  But they all enjoyed the school so much.

19#
發表於 10-3-20 17:09 |只看該作者
原帖由 share123 於 10-3-18 15:08 發表

In response to share 123:

I agree with you.  There might be some problems with their children assessment report.  They only use "W" and "L" to differentiate childrens' abilities and intelligence which is too simple and unfair.  This is because different children would grow at different speed.

The point is children are unique individuals.  The assessment mode must be comprehensive. More written comments plus a 5-rate assessment (1-5) should be included in the report.

You know, the way how the school assesses children could truly reflect their education philosophy.

In spite of this, their teachers are not too bad.  And  their activities are interesting.  The design of their school and the materials used (toys & books) are up to the standard.

20#
發表於 10-3-23 14:24 |只看該作者
I also heard that Victoria playgroup is not really good. However, i can't give further comment coz I have never joined it.

For Victoria playgroup, don't know why even parents keep complaning about the quality, still there are long queue for the playgroup since it is one of the channel to Victoria PN. Since they don't really worry about PN / K1 application number, thus they have no initative to improve their playgroup.

原帖由 Sorb 於 10-3-19 09:43 發表
I fully trust the normal classes are better. Victoria charges such a high fee, it must have its value.   I trust the current Victoria parents are all smart, they won't stay there if Victoria is not gi ...
‹ 上一主題|下一主題