用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Does anyone received the acceptance/rejection letter ...
發新帖
查看: 2969|回覆: 13
go

Does anyone received the acceptance/rejection letter from SIS?

發表於 10-2-17 17:00 |顯示全部帖子
One of my friend received the acceptance letter before CNY....but my son has not received any letter.

發表於 10-2-18 09:52 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 1# hellomame 的文章

preparatory or primary?

I got acceptance letter for primary section before Lunar New Year.

發表於 10-2-18 12:08 |顯示全部帖子
PY1....thank you

發表於 10-2-18 17:48 |顯示全部帖子
Hi LifeSharing,

SIS primary is one of our targets.

Would you mind telling me if your child is studying in SIS kinder? Do you know if SIS primary got most of the students from their own kinder?

Thanks for your sharing!

發表於 10-2-18 22:16 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 4# 肥騫 的文章

To my understanding, most of the PY of SIS would continue thier study in their primary section. I have no idea of how many non-PY that would be accepted for primary study.

My kid is not studying in PY of SIS. He attended the interview in late Jan and get accepted before CNY.

I learnt from one thread few years ago here that there were some 10+ non-PY got accepted.

發表於 10-2-19 09:11 |顯示全部帖子
Hi LifeSharing,

Congratulations for you and your child!

Would you mind telling us how's the interview going? I'm worried about my son's mandarin and written skills...

發表於 10-2-19 12:03 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 肥騫 於 10-2-19 09:11 發表
Hi LifeSharing,

Congratulations for you and your child!

Would you mind telling us how's the interview going? I'm worried about my son's mandarin and written skills...

My son told me as follows:

• a short interview asking him his name and his favourite book of reading (should be less than 5 minutes).
  • do some papers covering Chin, Eng and Maths. If they don't know how to read the questions, they can ask the teacher in the room.
  • More than 10 kids doing the paper in a room simultaneously. As advised by the school, the whole interview would take 2 hours and that was the case for our interview in last Jan. But my son said he finished the papers in about 1 hour but stayed in the room for some more 30 to 45 minutes as other kids had not yet finished.
  • He did not tell us about the papers in details, but for English, he need to fill the missing letters for a word next to a picture.
  • overall speaking, I think it is a tough work for a kid studying K3 to attend an interview for 2 hours, quite demanding to test their patience rather than their ability to complete the papers, I think.

Hope the above brief information can help you to prepare for next year.

發表於 10-2-19 14:43 |顯示全部帖子
Hi Lifesharing,

Your information is very useful.

Thanks a lot!!

發表於 10-2-23 21:57 |顯示全部帖子
2 of my friends also got the acceptance letters right before CNY, too. But I still haven't got mine.
I called in the school and they said they will mail out the 'rest' of the letters by the end of this week. Good luck to those who haven't received anything yet.

發表於 10-2-24 02:00 |顯示全部帖子
My son got accepted by SIS for PY1.  But still thinking cuz also got accepted by CNDIS Reception class.

Good luck to all others.

發表於 10-2-24 15:10 |顯示全部帖子
i also called SIS admission.  chances for people who still haven't received any letters from SIS are slim.

發表於 10-2-24 20:32 |顯示全部帖子
My friends who got accepted by CDNIS and SIS both chose CDNIS for sure. what do u all think?

發表於 10-2-26 23:50 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 elmostoney 於 10-2-24 03:10 PM 發表
i also called SIS admission.  chances for people who still haven't received any letters from SIS are slim.

I received the acceptance letter on mid-Feb for PY1.  Hopefully you will receive yours too.  Looking forward to get to know the parents for PY1 soon.

發表於 10-2-27 00:50 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 SandraOng 於 10-2-26 23:50 發表

I received the acceptance letter on mid-Feb for PY1.  Hopefully you will receive yours too.  Looking forward to get to know the parents for PY1 soon.

請問 py1 interview 時,  小朋友係咪自己一個入去in,  會問小朋友乜野問題

thanks