用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Why can't ESF Primary take all ESF Kindy kids???
樓主: PoohsBaby
go

Why can't ESF Primary take all ESF Kindy kids???

發表於 10-2-13 09:23 |顯示全部帖子
Agree... no education system is perfect.  And ESF is relying on a honor system.  How can they put more effort into screening out true Cat 1 students?  By listening to the parents' english accent?  By observation whether the child speaks cantonese to other children in the classroom?  No matter what they do, it will create another round of complaints regarding discrimination etc.  Any system, anywhere cannot please everyone.  Parents who choose to be in the IS/ESF system, including myself, should learn to play the game.  Who ever told us that ESF system is better than the local education system?  It's just different systems suit different families' needs.

發表於 10-2-13 22:24 |顯示全部帖子
I am personally a ESF Primary parent and I did have an emergency plan even my boy was not coming from ESF Kindy. Besides, I did prepared myself as well....by keep telling myself there's still lots of choices and options out there.....don't blame for anything/ anyone if the kid can't make it.
Failing the interview is just because the school is not suitable for him ot the other way around. I belive everythin happens for a reason......

[ 本帖最後由 MITCHmama 於 10-2-13 22:26 編輯 ]
MITCHmama

發表於 10-2-23 17:41 |顯示全部帖子
I am yet another ESF parent. My daughter did not go to ESF kindy but she was from another local kindie offering international stream. It would be unfair if she was denied access to the ESF system simply because she was not in their kindy.

It's not just the locals that are being denied entry this year. I know a boy, both parents are NOT locals failed the interview as well because his vocab. was not up to scratch. We are talking about a boy who knows no other language BUT English. Now how unfair is that then? There is no way in the world he could survive in the local system. Who will teach him chinese? He cannot even speak a word of chinese, let alone to read and write in it. And his mother, for the life of her, cannot understand why local kids want to go to ESF when they can cope in the local stream.

If you feel strongly that all students from ESF kindies should go to ESF, then ESF may only allow Cat. 1 families to enter their kindies. This would deny golden opportunities to local families who want an English education for their kids. ESF did not do this. They are giving local families a chance as well. If local families can prove that their kids can survive in an all english environment, they can study there. Isn't this good enough?

I agree that it is tough when children are not accepted. It's the same with lots of DSS and government funded schools as well. Another friend of mine is grieving because she has not found a school for her daughter.

It's tough for all....locals or otherwise.