教育王國 討論區 國際學校 CAIS vs VSA
查看: 16796|回覆: 29
go

CAIS vs VSA [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 10-2-10 21:17 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
My child was accepted by CAIS
and she is currently studying at Victoria Kindergarten K2

We are thinking whether we should let her switch to CAIS (K3) next year.

Can anyone give me some comment ?
   2    0    0    0

2#
發表於 10-2-11 09:49 |只看該作者
One is IS and one is local. Depends what you are looking for...
原帖由 jetport 於 10-2-10 21:17 發表
My child was accepted by CAIS
and she is currently studying at Victoria Kindergarten K2

We are thinking whether we should let her switch to CAIS (K3) next year.

Can anyone give me some comment ? ...

3#
發表於 10-2-12 17:13 |只看該作者
if you don't accept, i think it's really hard to get in next year

4#
發表於 10-2-12 22:23 |只看該作者
I think if you accept CAIS, you're pretty sure that you'll stay in IS. But if you stay in Victoria, after K3, I suppose you can still try the famous local primary schools. So it comes down to if you have made up your mind whether to choose the IS or local path.

My child has just got accepted by CAIS K3. I'm very happy. I've heard a lot of good things about CAIS from my friends.

5#
發表於 10-2-13 03:22 |只看該作者

CAIS

Yes, i also consolidate much information about CAIS.  I trust it should be a very good school and i am very happy my kid will study there this year.

6#
發表於 10-2-13 03:24 |只看該作者

CAIS

原帖由 workmama 於 10-2-13 03:22 發表
Yes, i also consolidate much information about CAIS.  I trust it should be a very good school and i am very happy my kid will study there this year.

ksj,

Which subject will you choose, mandarin or french ??

7#
發表於 10-2-15 23:45 |只看該作者

CAIS

ksj,

What good things you heard from your friend about CAIS , can you share ?

8#
發表於 10-2-17 14:27 |只看該作者
My friends know a couple of teachers who teach at CAIS and they have very good comments about the school. Strong spiritual nurturing and caring. I also have friends who have children who are studying at CAIS and again, also good comments.

So far I haven't heard any negative things about the school. From what I gathered, I believe the school provides a loving and caring environment. Students are generally good disciplined. But perhaps academically not as competitive as other international schools like CIS or HKIS. CAIS follows the Canadian curriculum, I checked their websites and it seems that most their graduates move on the Canadian universities. Nothing like Harvard or other Ivy Leagues schools. But I suppose that's a long way to go. So, just one thing at a time.

Up til now I'm quite comfortable that I'll be sending my daughter there. But I agree it's all just based on feedback from my friends. I haven't really met any of their current students (secondary school). I think it's important to see it for myself. I think I'll go to the school one day and just wait a little bit outside their school gate during their afterschool hours. I think you can tell a lot by looking at how their students behave when they are on the street.
Do you agree?

9#
發表於 10-2-18 00:15 |只看該作者

CAIS

I saw their students when i brought my daughter to interview... the students give the impression to me is behave, i hear their english is flurent... that are all i saw about its students outside the school.  In the school, i have even more better impression, one lower grade student proactively hold my kid's hand to climb up the slide, she is nice and good.

Moreover, this is somehow the only school its students and teachers give us ( outsider) a warm greeting and feeling ...

Other IS school ... the teachers are passing the cooridors and do not have any warm greeting, may be they are very busy...

醒目開學勳章

10#
發表於 10-2-19 10:13 |只看該作者
When my son had an interview with the vice principal, I sat on the sofa near the reception. I saw two girls around 8 years old who took some forms from the receptionist. When they were waiting, they went to find the principal (His room just next to the reception). The girls giggled and looked into principal's room. I can feel the warm and harmony environment in the school.

11#
發表於 10-2-19 10:53 |只看該作者

CAIS

mat媽媽,

Did you son enter CAIS ?

醒目開學勳章

12#
發表於 10-2-19 16:45 |只看該作者
原帖由 workmama 於 10-2-19 10:53 發表
mat媽媽,

Did you son enter CAIS ?

My son will enter CAIS in coming August.

13#
發表於 10-2-19 16:58 |只看該作者

CAIS

Then, we will know each other later, my kid also enter CAIS in this coming Aug.

Will you choose French or Mandarin ?

醒目開學勳章

14#
發表於 10-2-19 17:14 |只看該作者
原帖由 workmama 於 10-2-19 16:58 發表
Then, we will know each other later, my kid also enter CAIS in this coming Aug.

Will you choose French or Mandarin ?

I will choose Mandarin as no one in my family can speak in French.

15#
發表於 10-2-22 16:13 |只看該作者
Hi all,

Sorry for my stupid question, i wanna ask you're talking about Canadian Int'l School (CNDIS) located in Pokfulum, right?

Cuz my son got accepted by CNDIS Reception class, and also got accepted by SIS.  I'm still thinking which school should I pick, but most likely would prefer Canadian IS cuz I want my son to have a fluent English speaking.

But in terms of Mandarin,  is it SIS's Mandarin programme much much better than CNDIS? or now CNDIS's Mandarin can be competitive with other IS?

醒目開學勳章

16#
發表於 10-2-22 17:32 |只看該作者
原帖由 waiee 於 10-2-22 16:13 發表
Hi all,

Sorry for my stupid question, i wanna ask you're talking about Canadian Int'l School (CNDIS) located in Pokfulum, right?

Cuz my son got accepted by CNDIS Reception class, and also got accept ...

waiee,
We are talking about CAIS which is located in Kowloon City.

http://www.cais.edu.hk

17#
發表於 10-2-22 17:36 |只看該作者
my daughter was once accepted by both SIS and CDNIS. I picked SIS for her and she had studied in SIS from PY1 to PY2. Although we have switched her to another school finally, I would say SIS is a good school.

For SIS,
The school teaches phonics at PY1, which helps students to pick up reading skill very fast. The Chinese cirriculum is really structured and I guess it could be comparable to that of local school.

Students in SIS are mainly local people and Singaporean. Occasionally you can see one to two non-chinese and non-singaporean in one class.. if you expect you will not have pressure and have more time to spend with your children, like other international school, SIS is not the type that fits you. I would say, SIS provides you with an environment that your child could be fluent with English and PTH. Most of the students in school communicate in fluent English (singlish). Yet, their accent might change as other people say, most of the subjects are taught by singaporeans (apart from english).

For CDNIS,

I do not hv any first hand experience. Yet, for what I have learnt so far are all bad and I wont put my child there.  you may wish to seek advice from other BK parents.

just my two cents.

gogocat

原帖由 waiee 於 10-2-22 16:13 發表
Hi all,

Cuz my son got accepted by CNDIS Reception class, and also got accept ...

18#
發表於 11-2-11 00:15 |只看該作者
Thank you for your sharing.  I just got the offer of CAIS and my boy will enter K3 in the coming Aug!

19#
發表於 11-2-11 15:49 |只看該作者
Dear All

I am also interested in this school because it follows candian system and the school fee is not as expensive as CDNIS or CIS.  I found a lot of good comments from BK.  But most the good comments are good-caring for students.  Can any one can share about if most of studends are HK Chinese and how is the academic standard compared with ESF?  Thanks

20#
發表於 11-2-15 16:42 |只看該作者
Can anyone share about the interview of CAIS for K3?

[ 本帖最後由 330 於 11-2-15 23:12 編輯 ]
‹ 上一主題|下一主題