教育王國 討論區 國際學校 To: Ex- Anfield Parents
發新帖
查看: 1879|回覆: 4
go

To: Ex- Anfield Parents [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 10-2-7 22:21 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
Dear all ex-Anfield parents,

Can you please share which IS are your kids now after Anfield?

I just want to know what IS that Anfield alumni are right now as I am pretty concern on my daughter path after Anfield.

P/S: Anfield is good so far. I just concern about the path.
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 10-2-8 10:42 |只看該作者
原帖由 rach_mama 於 10-2-7 22:21 發表
Dear all ex-Anfield parents,

Can you please share which IS are your kids now after Anfield?

I just want to know what IS that Anfield alumni are right now as I am pretty concern on my daughter path a ...

Sorry for being directed but your survey will be probably misleading yourelf:
Every appicant has different background.
1. Some Cat. 1 and some are Cat. 2; Some with silblings in an IS and some without.
2. Some target at IS but some aim for local school with stronger English foundation in K1/K2 stage;
3. Like investment; DO NOT project your furture by historical performance.   
Don't forget more and more local Hong Kong Chinese (Cat. 2 in ESF system) are applying IS that has been changing the result of Year 1 game.

3#
發表於 10-2-8 11:40 |只看該作者
ooray,

thanks for your reply. I just want to know what else are the choices that I have if my daughter doesn't get an interview at ESF. Where else I can go?

Local school...is almost not possible if my daughter stays at Anfield till K2 as she will not be able to pick up the chinese level like the other from local kinder. It will be a very tough route for her even though if she is accepted by one of those good local school.

So, I have no other choices. But to move on to IS. ESF is my target for sure. But, it sounds like Anfield students didn't get in ESF these years. Therefore, I would like to do some survey and see where are these Anfield Alumni now? Those other IS apart from ESF may be one of the consideration to me. But, I need to know before I miss the application.

Can anyone share more where are your kid now after Anfield?

I know there are a few parents here sent their kids to Anfield.

4#
發表於 10-2-8 11:45 |只看該作者
原帖由 rach_mama 於 10-2-8 11:40 發表
ooray,

thanks for your reply. I just want to know what else are the choices that I have if my daughter doesn't get an interview at ESF. Where else I can go?

Local school...is almost not possible if  ...

P/S: I know there are lots of IS out there. But, those who are doing IB and stick to British style one are not many of them. American IS, CAIS, SIS, GSIS can be other options. But, my final desitnation for my girl is studying at UK sometime of her secondary. Therefore, I will not put her in those American system as it will not work for her when we send her to UK....

that's why I have so stressed on every single stage I plan for her even from PG. I need to make sure the path runs smoothly all the way ...i don't want her to face different transistion in different system...it will be kind of hurt to her.

5#
發表於 10-2-8 12:15 |只看該作者
原帖由 rach_mama 於 10-2-8 11:45 發表

P/S: I know there are lots of IS out there. But, those who are doing IB and stick to British style one are not many of them. American IS, CAIS, SIS, GSIS can be other options. But, my final desitnat ...

there are no smooth path in the real world, wherever your destination is.
I agree u don't need to consider local if you have already set your destination in UK at secondary stage.
AIS, next street, to Anfield old campus, is a very good school. Does it fit your criteria?

I never believe children from any non-ESF kinder have any priorities on top of the Rules of ESF admission game.
Cat. 2 ESF kinder applicants must have a higher priority to Cat. 2 non-ESF kinder applicants. (Of course there must be many, many Cat. 1/silbings/staff on top of u).
I can say most (or almost all) Cat. 1 Anfield applicant got an offer from ESF; and the situation will be going on in the future.
For Cat. 2 local Hong Kong Chinese (i assume u are) without silbings, you will be in an "uncomfortable" position in playing this ESF game.
Please also check PM.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題