密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 保良局陳守仁小學 陳守仁學生原來考中學是沒優勢的
樓主: KITTY.WONG
go

陳守仁學生原來考中學是沒優勢的

發表於 11-10-16 17:38 |顯示全部帖子

回復 1# motherotk 的帖子

Your friend and her kid MUST go to the school and see for themselves.

Check from the school's website :  there is an EMI experience day on 5 Nov and I think 1 other day.  Enrol on that and go there and take a look.

So should ALL parents and kids of TSL, whether or not they plan to apply for admission to this school, and use what you see / hear as a basis for comparison.

Listen to what the principal and teachers say about the school, and their plans.  Also tour the school and have a look at the facilities.

My comment is :  REASONABLE AND ACCEPTABLE.

I hate sales talk, n all marketing talk and ppl, but nobody in this school delivers sales talk, which to me is a strong "pro" about this school.

Con :  If your friend does not live in or near TKO or somewhere along the MTR line, consider how easy / difficult it will be to travel to / from school each day.

As for academic standard, TSL's English standard will equip your kid well for most subjects in EMI sec schools, but Chin is much more difficult.  (I think that applies to 98% TSL students in ALL sec schools as Chin in S1 is quite difficult ! AND there is Chin History !!)  Maths is taught in Engl => TSL kids should have an advantage cos they alreay understand the Qs.

[ 本帖最後由 Bluestar 於 11-10-16 17:54 編輯 ]

發表於 11-10-16 17:43 |顯示全部帖子

回復 1# Bluestar 的帖子

For ALL P5 / P6 parents :

Irrespective of what talents your kids have, they MUST have an acceptable ranking on the Territory-wide Rank Order List before they will be selected for interview.  And most usually admits students in accordance with their comparative position on this Rank Order List, in most cases irrespective of what % they say they allocate "academic performance, interview performance, talents, others" to.  Another important factor is "connection with the sec school"

發表於 11-10-16 17:51 |顯示全部帖子
motherotk,

You do sound very much like e-Principal !
Are you his / her friend ?

[ 本帖最後由 Bluestar 於 11-10-16 17:54 編輯 ]

發表於 11-10-16 19:39 |顯示全部帖子
Bluestar,

There are many other ways to make me show up here!!  

BTW, how come you are so loyal to PLK??

原帖由 Bluestar 於 11-10-16 17:51 發表

motherotk,

You do sound very much like e-Principal !
Are you his / her friend ?

發表於 11-10-16 19:48 |顯示全部帖子
Bluestar,

After “settling down” for S1, you are now just like watching people struggling in the open sea while enjoying high tea with a cup of premium coffee in a 6-star hotel!!  :tongue:

BTW, your comments really scare me a lot!!  

原帖由 Bluestar 於 11-10-16 17:43 發表

For ALL P5 / P6 parents :

Irrespective of what talents your kids have, they MUST have an acceptable ranking on the Territory-wide Rank Order List before they will be selected for interview.  And most ...

發表於 11-10-16 23:58 |顯示全部帖子
Always good to see friends here!!!
"Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn't matter to me.... Going to bed at night saying we've done something wonderful... that's what matters to me."
    -Steve Jobs-

發表於 11-10-17 00:03 |顯示全部帖子
flostangraphy,

How come you are also so low profile these days??

Have you changed your strategy lately??  

原帖由 flostangraphy 於 11-10-16 23:58 發表

Always good to see friends here!!!

發表於 11-10-17 05:39 |顯示全部帖子
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

發表於 11-10-17 05:41 |顯示全部帖子

回復 8# Bluestar 的帖子

發表於 11-10-17 08:04 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 principal 於 11-10-16 19:48 發表
Bluestar,

After “settling down” for S1, you are now just like watching people struggling in the open sea while enjoying high tea with a cup of premium coffee in a 6-star hotel!!  :tongue:   ...

e-P,

Haha, you must have ESP to show up so fast !!

Far from settling in a 6-star hotel and sipping coffee, I'm still being a hovercraft / helicopter near my kid !  Mid-term drawing near, but really there're such a lot of quizzes / x texts and y dict !  Such a lot of worksheets, and a proliferation of paper all over the place !

As for being a devout fans of PLK, well PLK and some other orgs eg TWGHs, the churches, are the major educational bodies / mixed services bodies in HK !  And they do a decent job under the circumstances.

I was just trying to generalize and be practical and sensible when I try and offer my observations to P5 / P6 parents.  And Flos is already planning ahead, again as usual !

Parents should use some acceptable sec school as a yardstick, any schools with standards above that try and aim for them, below acceptable standards just forget those schools.

Lets all add oil !

And after "promotion" to S1, I'm beginnign to understand why an increasing no. of parents want to send their kids off to study oversears.  The edu system is trying to cram 7yrs of academic studies into 6 yrs !  Just becoming a worse system whatever they say.  But Lib Studies is not my major worry (cos the kids in TSL should have good groundwork under the name of GS, plus their training in Engl language, n should be able to cope well in LS taught in Engl).  On the other hand, Chin Lang (and Chin Hist) in Sec school should be a headache and nightmare !
(I've not studied the 334 system in detail, but I prefer the old system where there's F7, saves a lot of resources by spending more on sec school education instead of 1y more in University, despite a proliferation of U places.)

Motherotk,

Haven't read your targeted subject, but you do get used to it here that once the "big bosses" dislike you you easily "get disappeared".

發表於 11-10-17 08:07 |顯示全部帖子

回復 207# principal 的帖子

Ha ha ha, dear e principal,
Not really want to change profile....
I never have a high profile, right?....
:p
Just being busy all the time these days.......
Hope to gather with some friends here again very soon!!!!
:D

"I will be back!"
"Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn't matter to me.... Going to bed at night saying we've done something wonderful... that's what matters to me."
    -Steve Jobs-

發表於 11-10-17 08:19 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 mothertk1 於 11-10-17 05:39 發表
Hi Bluestar,

Sorry, since i have some "radical" discussions on encouraging diverse readings for children, my previous discussion has been "shut up" now. I am using the name of mothertk1.

I am not th ...

An equivalent attitude is :
"Stay hungry, stay foolish."

Don't know your details, but I'm all for learning thru questioning.
But sometimes the kids take advantage of you and ask too many "why ....." when they should think a bit more before asking for the Ans.

發表於 11-10-17 08:25 |顯示全部帖子

發表於 11-10-17 15:34 |顯示全部帖子

回復 2# Bluestar 的帖子

發表於 11-10-17 18:34 |顯示全部帖子
Bluestar,

Life in P6 is tough.
Life in S1 is even tougher.
Where is the end?
It seems to be never-ending story!!

Life is tough, especially for those who live in HK!!

原帖由 Bluestar 於 11-10-17 08:04 發表

e-P,

Haha, you must have ESP to show up so fast !!

Far from settling in a 6-star hotel and sipping coffee, I'm still being a hovercraft / helicopter near my kid !  Mid-term drawing near, but reall ...

發表於 11-10-17 18:37 |顯示全部帖子
flostangraphy,

Without your presence, there is much less fun!!
Please show up more if possible.

原帖由 flostangraphy 於 11-10-17 08:07 發表

Ha ha ha, dear e principal,
Not really want to change profile....
I never have a high profile, right?....
:p
Just being busy all the time these days.......
Hope to gather with some friends here ag ...

發表於 11-10-17 19:26 |顯示全部帖子
Neither my kid is P6 nor S1 and thank God I live in Kowloon !!   Life is so beautiful here.

原帖由 principal 於 11-10-17 18:34 發表
Bluestar,

Life in P6 is tough.
Life in S1 is even tougher.
Where is the end?
It seems to be never-ending story!!

Life is tough, especially for those who live in HK!!

發表於 11-10-17 19:40 |顯示全部帖子
yypapa,

Good to hear that.
Please enjoy life with your kids in the coming 4 years.

I really hope that you won't write a similar post here 4 years later!!  

原帖由 yypapa 於 11-10-17 19:26 發表

Neither my kid is P6 nor S1 and thank God I live in Kowloon !!   Life is so beautiful here.