樓主: carolsum
go

蔡繼有升本地大學....需要考會考嗎? [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 10-2-17 10:09 |只看該作者
原帖由 jaycee_mami 於 10-2-17 07:40 發表

我見這網站有介紹"非聯招"的實際數字, 很詳細的, 大家有時間睇睇:

http://www.com.cuhk.edu.hk/ubeat/100194/jupas.pdf

Thanks for your valuable information :) It clearly differentiated the intake from EAS to other non-JUPAS and showed the increase in % of non-JUPAS. should be a gd news for kids not taking local exam but targetting local universities.

I am not sure about the source (i.e. overseas? Mainland? IS in HK? HK kids taking overseas exam?) of the growing % of intake from non-JUPAS. It will be the best if the universities are kind enough to show us the break-down. This will reflect the real picture.

another concern is whether the intake (or to be more exact, the transfer) of kids completing the Associate Degree of the same university into the Bachelor's program will be taken into accout as well. Those will surely not counted under JUPAS (but will that be counted as "non-JUPAS" like EAS?) I ve this worry becoz City U has the highest % of non-JUPAS intake (but City U has no EAS intake). I guess probably, graduates from associate degree should enter year 2 rather than year 1. yet, i found that City U accepts graduates from gov't funded AD/HD programmes thr a scheme called "special admission scheme" and it indicated that "A key feature of the Special Admissions Scheme is the award of transfer credits, in recognition of prior studies, upon admission. Credit transfer varies among programmes. Successful applicants who are offered 30 or more transfer credits will be admitted to the senior year; otherwise, they will be admitted to the first year of study" (http://www.admo.cityu.edu.hk/undergrad/sas)

even if competition for non-JUPAS will be high and IB is not an easy exam to take when comparing with other overseas public exam, parents of CKY should not be worried. for one thing, CKY provides excellent language training and good curriculum to prepare kids for IB. for the other, kids in CKY will take GCSE exam and thus can still change to GCE AL in UK if they find that way is more suitable for them.

22#
發表於 10-2-17 12:24 |只看該作者
Hi bakusensei,
When we find IB is not suitable for them at that time, how can they change to GCE AL in CKY.  Is the syllabus match? Tks!

原帖由 bakusensei 於 10-2-17 10:09 發表

Thanks for your valuable information :) It clearly differentiated the intake from EAS to other non-JUPAS and showed the increase in % of non-JUPAS. should be a gd news for kids not taking local exam ...

23#
發表於 10-2-17 14:24 |只看該作者
原帖由 TszYingMama 於 10-2-17 12:24 發表
Hi bakusensei,
When we find IB is not suitable for them at that time, how can they change to GCE AL in CKY.  Is the syllabus match? Tks!

As kids in CKY will take GCSE, they can easily find schools in UK for taking GCE AL. I ve confidence in kids in CKY. They are well trained, particularly in both languages. It's not difficult for them to enter good schools in UK.

I know kids having around 24-25 marks in HKCEE entered good schools in UK and got gd offers in Imperial, UCL, Warwick, etc. after taking GCE AL. One even came back to HK to study medicine thr non-JUPAS. The mean for medicine that year was HKAL 2As! [but recent yrs were getting more difficult as many graduates in overseas universities also competed for the seats in medicine.]

24#
發表於 10-2-17 21:43 |只看該作者
原帖由 bakusensei 於 10-2-17 14:24 發表

As kids in CKY will take GCSE, they can easily find schools in UK for taking GCE AL. I ve confidence in kids in CKY. They are well trained, particularly in both languages. It's not difficult for the ...

But I know that my elites from HK local schools are also well trained. They prepare for GCSE exams and will be well equipped for the IB exam after 334. So CKY has will have no advantage. Am I right?

25#
發表於 10-2-18 00:00 |只看該作者
原帖由 youma 於 10-2-17 21:43 發表

But I know that my elites from HK local schools are also well trained. They prepare for GCSE exams and will be well equipped for the IB exam after 334. So CKY has will have no advantage. Am I right? ...

It all depends on whether you have confidence on CKY's curriculum design and emphasis on language training since P.1  over the local curriculum, right? :)

another pt is CKY kids will take GCSE and go thr the GCSE curriculum. Thus, they will have the GCSE result for them to apply for UK schools. kids from local school will be under NSS and thus ve no public exam result.

26#
發表於 10-2-18 09:18 |只看該作者
ever take gce a level before?

http://www.hkeaa.edu.hk/tc/ipe/gce_gcse_igcse/

27#
發表於 10-2-18 15:45 |只看該作者
Hi bakusensei,
If i am not going to plan my kids study in oversea, it means it is no chance to apply GCSE AL in HK.  Right? Pls correct me if I am wrong because i am not so clear the rules. Tks!

原帖由 bakusensei 於 10-2-18 00:00 發表

It all depends on whether you have confidence on CKY's curriculum design and emphasis on language training since P.1  over the local curriculum, right? :)

another pt is CKY kids will take GCSE and  ...

28#
發表於 10-2-19 11:54 |只看該作者
原帖由 TszYingMama 於 10-2-18 15:45 發表
Hi bakusensei,
If i am not going to plan my kids study in oversea, it means it is no chance to apply GCSE AL in HK.  Right? Pls correct me if I am wrong because i am not so clear the rules. Tks!

Hi TszYingMama,

HKEAA, apart from running the local public exam like HKDSE, is also "appointed/authorized" to "co-ordinate" quite a no. of overseas public exams  to be held in HK like TOFEL, SAT, AP, ACT, GCE, etc. (Infor. regarding GCE can be found at
http://www.hkeaa.edu.hk/tc/IPE/gce_gcse_igcse/gce/index.html )

But unlike TOFEL which u don't need much preparation for the exam, taking an additional and "self-study" GCE AL exam may be a bit stressful to the kids given the kids have to handle the IBP at the same time. If the kids have confidence on IBP, IBP itself can help them path a way. If not, taking two exams together will be even more difficult.

even if the competition in non-JUPAS by that time is extremely high, kids in IBP can still think of other options like going to free universities in Germany, Denmark, Sweden, etc. as IB is widely recognized, right? :)

For years, students all over the world took advantage of the free tuition degrees in Germany.

In recent years however, government policy has changed due to the rising cost of education and not every institute of higher learning is a tuition free uni.  But even if u can find a free uni, u still need to get prepared for other fees like living expenses, etc.

That's why some of my fds agrued that it's better to save the tuition fee for the future (high school + universities) rather than spending them earlier. But it all depends on whether you believe a happy and motivated learning in the early years is more benefitical to the kids.

Hope you find your way :)

[ 本帖最後由 bakusensei 於 10-2-19 11:58 編輯 ]

29#
發表於 10-2-19 17:52 |只看該作者
Regarding the policy to internationalize the local universities and the increasing demand of applications from the Mainland, you parents may be interested in the information from the Panel paper re. 2009-10 Policy Agenda: New Initiatives on Education [http://www.legco.gov.hk/yr09-10/ ... d1020cb2-35-1-e.pdf],

“3. On the higher education front, we will step up our efforts to further internationalise and diversify the sector. Regarding internationalisation, in the 2007 Policy Address, the Chief Executive has announced a basket of measures to further develop Hong Kong into a regional education hub. This includes doubling the non-local student quotas of the publicly-funded programmes to 20%, establishing the $1 billion HKSAR Government Scholarship Fund to provide government scholarships to outstanding local and non-local students, allowing non-local students to take on summer jobs and on-campus part-time jobs and enabling non-local students to stay in Hong Kong without limitations for 12 months after graduation. Following the implementation of these measures in 2008, the results are encouraging. For example, the number of non-local students studying in Hong Kong higher education institutions has increased from 7 900 in the 2007/08 academic year to 9 200 in the 2008/2009 academic year. Furthermore, the HKSAR Scholarship Fund provided $12 million scholarships in total to about 230 students in the 2008/09 academic year. Separately, over 5 000 non-local graduates have taken advantage of the new immigration arrangements for non-local graduates and applied to stay in Hong Kong after graduation.

You may wish to know that according to the LegCo Brief re. developing HK as a regional education hub made by the EDB in 2007 [http://www.edb.gov.hk/FileManage ... legco%20brief-e.pdf],

“(footnote 1)Non-local students” refer to persons entering Hong Kong for the purpose of education with a student visa/entry permit issued by the Director of Immigration. They are to be distinguished from children aged below 18, who come to Hong Kong as dependants of persons admitted to work, study, reside or invest in Hong Kong and are treated as local students for the purpose of admission to institutions and schools in Hong Kong without immigration restriction.”

Some figures on the applicants from Mainland was also quoted in the brief:
“7. More and more non-local students, many of whom originating from the Mainland, are interested in pursuing studies in publicly-funded programmes in Hong Kong. In the 2006/07 academic year, there were over 30 000 applications (mostly from the Mainland) for the 1 450 first-year-first-degree places available, indicating huge potential demand. The quality of students applying is very high, and the majority from the Mainland are top students achieving high scores in the Joint Entrance Examination. The institutions have indicated to us their wish to enroll more non-local students to diversify the student mix, and to provide a more challenging and stimulating environment to local students.”

Thus, the increase of intake from non-JUPAS in recent years may be constitued from a combination of the following factors:
1) local students applying w/ overseas exam result;
2) increase of quota for non-local students;
3)counting graduates of AD/HD admitted to the degree programmes(?);
4)counting EAS as non-JUPAS [which a BK parent has kindly shared some infor showing the no. in recent yrs were relatively stable].
However, the problem is we do not know the breakdown.

While the universities will likely  make use of the approved 20% quota to recruit more non-local students to the UGC-funded programmes, whether they will face any pressure to maintain a certain intake from JUPAS may warrant our attention.

30#
發表於 10-2-19 18:38 |只看該作者

回覆 1# bakusensei 的文章

i heard from university professor that the "fear" for them is decline in population.

now there are about 19, 000 university seats, in my child's birth year, the local baby born were only 49, 000, now people taking final exam in form 5 is about 90,000 to 100,000. it will be 49,000 one day.

[ 本帖最後由 mattsmum 於 10-2-19 23:56 編輯 ]

31#
發表於 10-2-19 23:18 |只看該作者
原帖由 mattsmum 於 10-2-19 18:38 發表
i heard from university professor that the "fear" for them is decline in population.

now there are about 19, 000 university seats, in my child's birth year, the local baby born were only 39, 000, now ...

good point! never thought of it from this angle. thanks for your reminder! :)

According to C&SD’s figure, no. of life birth in past 15 yrs are as follows (unit: '000)

82.1 #

(#2009 data is provisional). Pls note the figures above include those with Mainland mothers (father may be HK citizen or not).  

[source: http://www.censtatd.gov.hk/showtableexcel2.jsp?tableID=004&charsetID=2]

32#
發表於 10-2-20 00:01 |只看該作者

回覆 2# mattsmum 的文章

maybe parent's "fear" is not the sort of university they go to, but their job opportunities,

a lively, well educated, considerate, hard working, self motivated person, a person full of passion for life should be the ultimate goal for education.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題