用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 小一選校 香港真光,德雅小學??
查看: 5640|回覆: 20
go

香港真光,德雅小學??

發表於 09-12-7 13:58 |顯示全部帖子
請問香港真光同德雅小學邊間好d?邊一間學術深d(英文,數學)?功課量多唔多?同升中派位邊間好d??還有冇其他需要主意的事項?thx!!!

發表於 09-12-7 20:52 |顯示全部帖子
有冇家長可以提供意見??thx!!!!

發表於 09-12-7 21:26 |顯示全部帖子

是囡囡的話德雅應較佳

德雅小學有直屬中學:德雅中學(EMI津中),香港真光中學(小學部)有聯繫中學:香港真光中學(EMI津中)

直屬中學=最多可收其直屬小學的85%學生
聯繫中學=最多可收其聯繫小學的25%學生

加上如果您的小朋友是囡囡,德雅小學更有絕對優勢:德雅中學是女校

功課量兩者差不多,校舍以香港真光中學(小學部)較大、設施較好,但德雅小學的家校關係、學習關顧卻上佳。

原帖由 carolsum 於 09-12-7 13:58 發表
請問香港真光同德雅小學邊間好d?邊一間學術深d(英文,數學)?功課量多唔多?同升中派位邊間好d??還有冇其他需要主意的事項?thx!!!

發表於 09-12-7 22:23 |顯示全部帖子
kermitan謝謝你的回應,另想問如果就兩間學校去睇,日後自行搵band 1中學,那一間的優勢較好?

發表於 09-12-8 00:25 |顯示全部帖子
I am very confused about the 直屬中學 or 聯繫中學

I read from True Light school website, they have 81 Primary students accepted by Secondary School (09/10), which is 70% of their Primary students.
And there are 160 F1 students (08/09), assuming same number of seats for 09/10, ie TL primary students took 44% of their F1 seats.

Anyone can help to clarify?

原帖由 kermitan 於 09-12-7 21:26 發表
德雅小學有直屬中學:德雅中學(EMI津中),香港真光中學(小學部)有聯繫中學:香港真光中學(EMI津中)

直屬中學=最多可收其直屬小學的85%學生
聯繫中學=最多可收其聯繫小學的25%學生

加上如果您的小朋友是囡囡,德雅小學更有絕對優 ...

發表於 09-12-8 00:35 |顯示全部帖子
兩間學校小六時的學業水平相差不大,不過由於德雅小學會準備她們的學生升讀直屬的德雅中學,所以三、四年級起學科會逐步轉為英語教學。因此到小六就算要在升中自行選校時要用英文面試考其他英中(或者在「微調」後應講成是英語班較多的中學)應會較易應付。

當然真光會較多人「聽過」,也算是個全港性「品牌」(不過我個人認為不算是很有premium 的brand name) ,而德雅則只在九龍區或是天主教學校間會較多人認識。但鑑於德雅有直屬中學的關係,到時「騎牛揾馬」不是安全些嗎?

原帖由 carolsum 於 09-12-7 22:23 發表
kermitan謝謝你的回應,另想問如果就兩間學校去睇,日後自行搵band 1中學,那一間的優勢較好?

發表於 09-12-8 00:53 |顯示全部帖子

Clarifying the P.1 Admission System

The system of P.1 Admission goes like this:

First, you deduced those places in 香港真光中學reserve for nominated school 香港真光中學(小學部), that would be 25% max, these would be recommended / allocated between the two schools in accordance to individual academic results, without any need to interview.

Then, the remaining seats would be divided by 2 parts:

30% goes to discretionary allocation --> everybody can apply for those places through interviews, I supposed many of those in
香港真光中學(小學部)would apply for香港真光中學 in this way.

70% goes for central allocation --> again everybody could apply for part A (HK wide allocation 6%), and those studied / lived in Wanchai could apply for Part B (63%).

Now if you only have 70% of 香港真光中學(小學部)students admitted by 香港真光中學, that would still be a lower figure, meaning that 25% (through nomination) + 45% (through discretionary and central allocation stage).

While compared with 直屬中學, they usually accept virtually 100% of all those from their own 直屬小學 who want to (85% through feeder school, plus upto 15% from discretionary and central allocation stage).

原帖由 lovelygal 於 09-12-8 00:25 發表
I am very confused about the 直屬中學 or 聯繫中學

I read from True Light school website, they have 81 Primary students accepted by Secondary School (09/10), which is 70% of their Primary students.
A ...

[ 本帖最後由 kermitan 於 09-12-8 00:55 編輯 ]

發表於 09-12-8 01:19 |顯示全部帖子
thanks for your clarification, now i understand.

Between SSCPS and True Light, both has related secondary school, what's your comment on both primary schools and its secondary schools?

原帖由 kermitan 於 09-12-8 00:53 發表
The system of P.1 Admission goes like this:

First, you deduced those places in 香港真光中學reserve for nominated school 香港真光中學(小學部), that would be 25% max, these would be recommended / alloca ...

發表於 09-12-8 01:43 |顯示全部帖子

三英中叮出全英行列

現時全港有一百一十四所英文中學,本報的問卷調查共接獲四十一所英中回覆,其中有三所表示,明年將「微調」中一教學語言,包括九龍城的陳瑞祺(喇沙)書院、深水的德雅中學,以及沙田的天主教郭得勝中學。

陳瑞祺(喇沙)書院明年其中一班的中一,除數學科採用英語授課外,綜合科學、綜合人文及電腦等科目將按組別訂定教學語言,其餘四班則維持全英語教學。副校長黃國銓稱,該校明年仍維持英文作為主要授課語言,英文科將採用小班教學,分為十組上課,而「微調」旨在照顧學生的學習差異,以便他們日後銜接英語授課的高中課程。

黃副校長透露,而主要以中文授課的一班中一,校方將加強其英語教學活動,如選取課程內的部分篇章以英文講授,並要求學生在考試時以英文作答。他稱雖然該校僅有一名常額外籍英語教師,但校方不時以短期合約形式,聘請校外的外籍英語教師協助舉行英語課外活動,如英文劇本寫作、辯論等,若資源許可,該校將考慮增聘一名外籍英語教師,加強學生接觸英語機會。

他透露,學校初步計畫設置機制,讓具英語學習能力及成績優異的中文班學生,在中二時轉讀英文班,而英文班的學生若成績未如理想,亦可能須轉讀中文班,「若同學表現欠理想,讓他們轉換另一種學習模式,未嘗不是好事。」

德雅中學明年開設四班中一,其中一班將以中文授課,並透過「化時為科」方式,以英語教授數學及綜合科學等科目,其餘三班則維持英語授課。副校長張嘉慧稱,該校將維持英語學習環境,如學校典禮及每周三天的早會以英語進行,學生接觸英語的機會不會減少。她強調「微調」以學生能力及利益為大前提,中文班學生將輔以英語學習材料,並透過課程調適及課後輔導為學生「補底」。

發表於 09-12-8 10:06 |顯示全部帖子
德雅除德中外, 還有姐妹中學聖母玫瑰.
德雅是一間要好的小學
師生感情融洽
且小班教學
雙班主任制
學兄姐會照顧學弟妹
派首三志願逹九成以上
德雅英文教高一級, 書本小一採用小二
最重要是德雅重德育
學生有禮貎及守規矩
學校讀書氣氛濃厚

發表於 09-12-8 11:15 |顯示全部帖子
升中是否跟小學網去派的?如果是,咁香港真光個網派得好d定係德雅個網會派得好?

發表於 09-12-8 12:22 |顯示全部帖子

三英中叮出全英行列 title is particularly unfair

I have read this piece of news too. It might or might not implied that 德雅中學has less than 70% Band 1 students (the practical "threshold" for deploying all-English classes in F.1). But remembered the fact that only 44 out of a total of 120 EMI schools did replied to Singtao's questionnaires. So

1. We do not know how many EMI schools are planning to do the same thing (introducing a minority Chinese class), and

2. We do not know whether 德雅中學 did this out of its own voluntary intent, say, to compensate for those students admitted through central allocation with varying academic predigrees.  

So I think the三英中叮出全英行列 title is particularly  unfair for those 3 schools who were honest/naive enough to reveal their english-classes planning.

And by the way, we are comparing those two schools 香港真光中學(小學部)and 德雅小學 and about the tactic of「騎牛揾馬」...

原帖由 dad1234 於 09-12-8 01:43 發表
現時全港有一百一十四所英文中學,本報的問卷調查共接獲四十一所英中回覆,其中有三所表示,明年將「微調」中一教學語言,包括九龍城的陳瑞祺(喇沙)書院、深水的德雅中學,以及沙田的天主教郭得勝中學。

陳瑞祺(喇沙)書院明 ...

[ 本帖最後由 kermitan 於 09-12-8 12:42 編輯 ]

發表於 09-12-8 13:12 |顯示全部帖子
Dear Carol,

The fact of the matter is:

1. For  德雅小學, more than 90% of the P.6 girls there would actually admitted to  德雅中學 through the "feeder school" (直屬中學)arrangement, without any need of interviews and central allocation. The other 9-10% would go to still better girl schools, such as 聖母玫瑰, 上智etc. through discretionary stage, which are mostly done by interviews and are not district-restricted.

2. For  香港真光中學(小學部), 25% of the P.6 students there would admitted to 香港真光中學through the "nominated school" (聯繫中學)arrangement, again without any need of interviews and allocations. While another 35% would be able to go to the 香港真光中學 through discretionary stage (need interviews) and central allocation. With the other 30% go to other schools, 20% are better than香港真光中學 while 10% are worse.

Now, if you "insisted" upon neglecting the 直屬中學and  聯繫中學 system, and only take your chance at part B (District-Based) of the central allocation (which by the way I don't think any girls from 德雅小學 or even 香港真光中學(小學部)would actually do, for no one in their right mind would give up their 直屬中學 or 聯繫中學 advantage, except for those with still better academic predigrees who would opted for still better EMI schools through Discretionary Stage with NO district restriction)

then yes, those from 德雅小學 can only choose from KL2 District net while those from 香港真光中學(小學部)can only choose from HK2 District Net .

Now, for the look of it HK2 do have a bit more prestigous schools than KL2 net. But even this seemingly advantage is offset by the fact that nearly all those prestigous schools, such as St. Paul's Secondary, Marymount Secondary, etc. are themselves 直屬中學of their own primary schools!

So by the time they have finish with the feeder-school mechanism and the discretionary stage admission (no district restriction), usually less than a dozen (for Marymount) or 2 dozen (for St Paul secondary) vacancies are left for part B (district-based) central allocations. While those other EMI schools which are not 直屬中學themselves in HK2 net are roughly the same academically comparing with other EMI schools in KL2 net.

I understand the whole system itself is a bit complicated, but it has to be examine in this realistic manner and not oversimplified to just viewing the school lists from this 2 districts, or else you will miss a whole lot of opportunity when making choices.

原帖由 carolsum 於 09-12-8 11:15 發表
升中是否跟小學網去派的?如果是,咁香港真光個網派得好d定係德雅個網會派得好?

[ 本帖最後由 kermitan 於 09-12-8 13:21 編輯 ]

發表於 09-12-8 23:41 |顯示全部帖子

「兩個世界」!

聖士提反書院附屬小學(St. Stephen College Preparatory School)和香港真光中學(小學部)是屬於「兩個世界」!

Now if you have the resource (meant money and social status), and plan to send your kids aboard later in their life, SSCPS is a very good place to start with their English, life independence and confidence-building. Many of the kids there has parents who are barristers, doctors, investment bankers, businessman and the like, so you can build up a vast social network that might benefit you and your kids later in life.

Bonus ---> it also has a very legendary through-train school (一條龍中學) 聖士提反書院, though its HKCEE result might even be bested by that of 香港真光中學, nominated school (聯繫中學) of香港真光中學(小學部), it has many “fabled” old alumni, such as 錢果豐、吳光正、霍震霆、鄧肇堅 and even葉問!!(詠春一代宗師, and I am NOT kidding here

But if you want a more "normal" school, then 香港真光中學(小學部)is it.

原帖由 lovelygal 於 09-12-8 01:19 發表
thanks for your clarification, now i understand.

Between SSCPS and True Light, both has related secondary school, what's your comment on both primary schools and its secondary schools?

發表於 09-12-9 11:02 |顯示全部帖子
kermitan,
非常多謝你的詳細意見,我會睇埋同區中學(直屬&聯繫)它們大約會放幾多位出來收外來生.

發表於 09-12-9 19:16 |顯示全部帖子
Dear Carol,

I think the information below maybe of some help to you:

First up, places available for HK1 net after the discretionary stage (note the EMI status of schools were indicated only through the languages used in subjects as listed in the right hand side of the table). "Open Places" meant the places that are left after the feeder/nominated process.

http://www.edb.gov.hk/FileManager/TC/Content_1582/ssl-hk1(cw)-2009.pdf

Likewise, information of such for HK2 Net:

http://www.edb.gov.hk/FileManager/TC/Content_1582/ssl-hk2(wch)-2009.pdf

May those figures be of some use to you.

原帖由 carolsum 於 09-12-9 11:02 發表
kermitan,
非常多謝你的詳細意見,我會睇埋同區中學(直屬&聯繫)它們大約會放幾多位出來收外來生.

發表於 09-12-9 22:47 |顯示全部帖子
Kermitan,

多謝你的資料,另想問有冇九龍區校網的資料可以睇到?或者我可以去那裏搵到有關資料?thx!!

原帖由 kermitan 於 09-12-9 19:16 發表
Dear Carol,

I think the information below maybe of some help to you:

First up, places available for HK1 net after the discretionary stage (note the EMI status of schools were indicated only through  ...

發表於 09-12-10 15:05 |顯示全部帖子
Dear Carol,

You will find the 2009 Secondary School Allocation information you needed in the following link:

http://www.edb.gov.hk/index.aspx?nodeID=1568&langno=2

Be sure to download those files you need soon, for every year around April they would delete last year files and replaced it with the current year (the upcoming one should be 2010) version.

Best Regards

原帖由 carolsum 於 09-12-9 22:47 發表
Kermitan,

多謝你的資料,另想問有冇九龍區校網的資料可以睇到?或者我可以去那裏搵到有關資料?thx!!

發表於 09-12-10 21:47 |顯示全部帖子
Kermitan,
Thx!!

原帖由 kermitan 於 09-12-10 15:05 發表
Dear Carol,

You will find the 2009 Secondary School Allocation information you needed in the following link:

Be sure to download those files yo ...

發表於 09-12-10 23:18 |顯示全部帖子
dear kermitan,

thanks and you are very knowlegable about the whole system.

may i ask, for the open spaces, although schools will allocate most spaces to its own net but they will still offer some spaces to other nets?

There are "school choices in other district" under each net, how does it work?

eg, I saw there are 3 open spaces of St Stephen Girls college under in Net 2, does it mean there are total 3 girls in Net 2 will be allocated spaces in St Stephen Girls under central allocation system?

原帖由 kermitan 於 09-12-10 15:05 發表
Dear Carol,

Be sure to download those files yo ...