密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 小一選校 St Paul's Boys- offer
樓主: CDMa
go

St Paul's Boys- offer [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 09-11-15 23:15 |只看該作者
My son also got the offer. Very happy. We live in Quarry Bay. Anybody knows the school bus arrangement?

22#
發表於 09-11-16 09:21 |只看該作者
I would like to know the school bus arrangement as well.
Thanks

原帖由 ken5 於 09-11-15 23:15 發表
My son also got the offer. Very happy. We live in Quarry Bay. Anybody knows the school bus arrangement?

23#
發表於 09-11-16 16:09 |只看該作者
dear parents,

you can check the PTA web page from the school.  There will be some info about school bus.

Quarry bay will have school bus no worry.

24#
發表於 09-11-16 17:31 |只看該作者
Dear Andrewpapa,

Do you have any idea about HKUGA, 港大同學會, I am headache in choosing between these two schools!!  

Many Thanks.

25#
發表於 09-11-17 11:01 |只看該作者

回覆 14# nsachung 的文章

Dear nsachung,

I will accept HKUGA's offer and hope that you could get a seat at Paul Boy finally. I understand it's really hash to the parents when waiting for the results especially when you know that some of your friends got offers already and you have none (it's my case 2 weeks ago).

In fact, I like Paul Boy as well, coz I live in Chai Wan, so...may be HKUGA is much better and can settle the disagreement with my husband (hkuga is his 1st priority) within these few months about choosing the school. Wish all parents good luck and add oil.

26#
發表於 09-11-17 11:20 |只看該作者
Dear dadbu,

I will choose paul Boy in return, firstly I was graduted from there and my son is now studying there.  It is only my personal preference.  

One thing do concern me from HKUGA is that the headmistress is keep changing in a short while. It might be personal reason, but still you have to have a lot of faith to them.

From these 2 years, i admire headmistress Chan and the teacher's effort on coaching my son. My son did grow well with Paul Boys.

I don't want to compare these 2 schools.  I am just telling you my thinking with my situation.

27#
發表於 09-11-17 11:37 |只看該作者
Dear dabbu,

Thanks so much.

HKUGA and St Paul Boy are so different.

If your boy is more activite, open minded, willing to do more research, go to HKUGA. It is a "new " school, just have a few years experience, of course the administration needs the time to run smoothly. It is also a co-ed school, in case you have another one to consider.

Although St Paul Boy is a DSS school, its workload is much more. The kids need to put more effort on the study.

I will have a chance in 2nd interview in DBS, hope there is a miracle. ( I am not related at all).

Let you know later.

28#
發表於 09-11-17 13:18 |只看該作者

回覆 26# andrewpapa 的文章

Dear andrewpapa,

Glad to have your prompt response and thanks for your advice.  In fact, I want you to say something for a long time from other thread since I have completed my 2nd interview. To me, it seems you are the representatvie of Paul Boy here  and impress by your dedicated to your school.

Yeh, I agree.  Every school have their own strength and weaknesses.

29#
發表於 09-11-17 13:46 |只看該作者
Dear dadbu, sorry i think i miss your msg.

aiya, I just want to share the things that i see but not "listen to other's friend say".

as nsachung said, it's all depends on the child's and your thinking on choosing the right school.  

I am a very traditional father and I want my son to have traditional education as foundation before he can go to aboard to explore the other side of the world.

If I were you, i will not choose the school based on location,

30#
發表於 09-11-17 13:47 |只看該作者

回覆 27# nsachung 的文章

Dear nsachung,

Which one rank as higher priority? Paul boy or DBS, Please tell me know which school you will choose finally so that I can say congratulation to you.

31#
發表於 09-11-17 14:05 |只看該作者

回覆 29# andrewpapa 的文章

Dear andrewpap,

Please check PM

32#
發表於 09-11-17 14:23 |只看該作者
We're being rejected   by SPCC.  But lucky, my son got another offer.  

33#
發表於 09-11-17 14:37 |只看該作者
Rejected by St Paul Co-ed or St Paul Boys?   

原帖由 aeiou_drm 於 09-11-17 14:23 發表
We're being rejected   by SPCC.  But lucky, my son got another offer.   

34#
發表於 09-11-17 14:41 |只看該作者
dadbu,

replied

35#
發表於 09-11-17 16:34 |只看該作者
[quote]原帖由 andrewpapa.......If I were you, i will not choose the school based on location,......

Cannot agreed with this any more....

[ 本帖最後由 CDMa 於 09-11-17 16:36 編輯 ]

36#
發表於 09-11-18 22:11 |只看該作者
Dear parents, my son got accepted too. What is your impression of the school? How heavy is the work load? It seems its ECA aren't as diverse as other DSS schools. Thanks.

37#
發表於 09-11-18 22:14 |只看該作者
Dear parents, my son got accepted too. What is your impression of the school? What is the strength of SPC? Is the work load heavy? It seems that its ECA aren't as diverse as the other schools. Thanks.

38#
發表於 09-11-18 22:54 |只看該作者
Dear dadbu,
Are you feeling bad about St. paul Boy that you reject the offer?
I think SPC is much better than 港大同學會. 我在這兩間學校的返放學時間觀察,still SPC is better.
Headmistress keep changing do means a lot to the student as the policy keep changing too.Choosing school  is very very important, take some more advices.
anka

39#
發表於 09-11-18 23:03 |只看該作者
There are many choices in SPCPS' ECA, from go to scout. My boy is now in F1, SPC, during his 6 yrs in the primary school, he usually stayed late 2-3 days at school and also spending many Sat mornings for ECA.

The ECA were very good and they were either free or very good value for money.  The most expensive one was sport school team but when averaging out the cost, it was only $20-40 per session.  A coach of my boy is still keeping contact with the boys, whom he has coached and even buy them lunch, as he works in HKU.

The uniform ECAs are very good, and they provide leadership/fun/hardship training for the boys.  Don't worry about the hardship, the worst was only standing 2 hours under the sun.  The uniform ECA also provides early camping/outdoor experience.

I am still grateful that the school has provided so many good quality ECA choices in allowing the boys to explore and develop their interest and, in some cases, talent.  The good performers in ECA have many opportunities to represent the school in joint school events.  Those are important experiences, such as to learn about defeat, 强中自有强中手 and the sweet of success.  Due to the small number of students, most of the boys can represent the school in one way or the other.  It is important to take this advantage.  The school has right attitude about interschool competition, for example, my boy was in the Maths team, SPC usually sent the whole team, unlike other schools, only sure-winners could have a chance to represent the school.  

From my experience, parents usually pick one 文 one 武 for the boy.  The ECA is also a venue to be friend with students in other grades.

Some parents may consider 2-3 ECA being too much and too busy for the boys, however, I concur with the secondary school's principal's view that busy boy is good student.

Boys shall enjoy summer ECA as well because SPCPS does not need the boys to do summer homework, I hope they will carry on this good tradition.

The school has developed a tradition since 2008 to put the JC5 boys of willing parents to a trip to poor rural area in China.  A tradition does a lot of good to our kids, who know little about hard-ship and poverty.  

The workload was OK then and good scheduling will help a lot. In general the boys could enjoy a happy school life and make a few good friends or rivals.

I had no experience of another primary school, but I am more than happy with SPCPS & you can read the Comprehensive Review to find out more about the changes since she has been a DSS school.

http://www.spc-ps.edu.hk/upload_files/na/33_cr_full_report_for_public.pdf

40#
發表於 09-11-19 17:22 |只看該作者
Thanks Hogwarts for your sharing. It is good to know that the school has a strong commitment to volunteer works. If you don't mind, I have a few more questions:
1) As SPCPS is mostly a Chinese primary school, is the English taught in the school sufficient when the boys go on to F.1?
2) How is the relationship between teachers and students? I've heard that the teachers could be quite stern.
3) My son loves Science, Arts and Music. Is there ECA in these areas for promoting students' interest? Any school orchestra?
4) Does SPCPS offer scholarship?
5) Do you know anything about the new campus facilities?

Thanksss.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題