密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Any comment about CWBS
樓主: crystalhung37
go

Any comment about CWBS [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 09-11-18 23:23 |只看該作者
I think CWBS is a good school for CERTAIN kids, I was just speaking about MY kids.

My kids don't have TONS of workload from their IS, they have reasonable amount.

I believe homework should be part of every child's daily routine, as a time where the child learns to increase this length of time as he/she grows older.

I don't think discipline and settling down (sit down time) happens overnight, if one day your child needs to change school, the homework, and workload is more than this one significantly, your child would be at a lost. A child eventually must learn to work independently, and writing is a major part of school work.... this needs time to build up.

I agree with the comment, a good school has nothing to do with homework or no homework, it's just one aspect.

ESF has its good things, but it's not well rounded in my opinion. It might be good enough for some parents.... what cara2006 is partly true, oral is strong, writing is very weak.

I have a 5 year old boy student, he goes to CWBS, is it normal for a child not to know the difference between letter B and D at this age? And, can't even sit down to read with me for 3 minutes.

This is not the first child from ESF I have this experience. That's why I say what I say. I have a lot of discipline problems, and "sit down" time with ESF students.

[ 本帖最後由 Pianokc 於 09-11-19 02:35 編輯 ]

22#
發表於 09-11-19 01:12 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

23#
發表於 09-11-19 07:19 |只看該作者
原帖由 Pianokc 於 09-11-18 23:23 發表
I think CWBS is a good school for CERTAIN kids, I was just speaking about MY kids.

My kids don't have TONS of workload from their IS, they have reasonable amount.

I believe homework should be part o ...

Are you talking about your piano students??  Your own kids are not studying in CWBS or ESF, right??  Have you ever visited the school to kno more about the cirriculum, activities and the majority of students there?

My own kids studying in ESF (not CWBS) are having good writing and oral skills, and they learnt the skills from school only.  They only learnt extra Chinese after schools.  I have experience helping in the schools and I know many students there.  As far as I know, usually girls are better in language skills and discipline than boys.  I think this applies to students in other schools too.  

As many parents have pointed out before, ESF does not select students based on academics upon admission.  There are very good ones to problem ones.  Some parents are carefree and some are always very anxious about academics.   Whether the kids meet the expectation of parents depends if parents work well with the school or not.

24#
發表於 09-11-19 08:22 |只看該作者
Wymom,

Yes, my kids do not study at CWBS or any ESF. I have visited the school before, and know the curriculum, beautiful school, curriculum is good, like many other IS, same philiosophy, and mission.

BUT, with at least over 10 years experience I have had with many differenct ESF kids, (I have students from many different chools...) there is a certain difference in ESF kids, and others in "learning" attitudes and academic levels. ESP in the last 4 years ....That is something I am sure of, and NOT going to change in my opinion.

You are DEFINITELY right though, with ANY school, whether it works better or not with the child, it is very dependent on how the parents cooperate with the school.

This is just based on my experience.
I know this ONE kid that goes to CWBS, he is very smart, talented, very advanced and a very good kid in every way.... not a result of the school, but his father. His father's way of raising him, and teaching him, and guiding him, no matter which school he goes to, am sure, his son will be like this. However, if he attended a school with further academic demands, don't know whether he would go even further? This is something no one knows I guess. But parenting and the time the parents dedicate to their kid is definitely a MAJOR factor whether child is doing well with the school or not.

I guess that applies to everything, even my piano students, the students who have parents that sit in my piano lesson from the first day are MUCH better students than those who just get dropped off.

However, not all parents have THAT much time, hence, if you are a busy parent that doesn't have a lot of time to spend with your child, and teaching your child.... then ESF is, in my opinion, NOT a good choice.

原帖由 WYmom 於 09-11-19 07:19 發表

Are you talking about your piano students??  Your own kids are not studying in CWBS or ESF, right??  Have you ever visited the school to kno more about the cirriculum, activities and the majority of ...

[ 本帖最後由 Pianokc 於 09-11-19 08:27 編輯 ]

25#
發表於 09-11-19 08:47 |只看該作者
原帖由 Pianokc 於 09-11-19 08:22 發表
Wymom,

Yes, my kids do not study at CWBS or any ESF. I have visited the school before, and know the curriculum, beautiful school, curriculum is good, like many other IS, same philiosophy, and mission ...

Pianokc,

That's fair enough.  I believe no matter in which school, if parents can spend more time to guide the kids and work along with the school particularly in primary stage, kids will develop their talents, skills and knowledge much better than those who are just taken care by the maids.

Just like Wisekid2007, he has chosen good schools for his son and nurture him with lots of afforts at home.   It all depends on the parents' expectation and afforts we put in.

Nice talking to you, have a good day.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題