用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 小一選校 身邊好多細仔細囡都未有offer, 有無其他家長可以分享吓 ...
樓主: Chincco
go

身邊好多細仔細囡都未有offer, 有無其他家長可以分享吓 ! [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 09-11-8 23:05 |只看該作者
Interviews for primary one in DSS or private schools are getting earlier and earlier now.  The rules of this game is unfair for lately born kids anyway.  

My son just turned 5 when he had his first interview at Ying Wa.  Then in later interviews, we saw many "big and tall" boys around ..........

Those, who were born towards end of the year, may consider to repeat K3 or to re-apply while being in P.1.  But for us, we have no choice!

22#
發表於 09-11-8 23:11 |只看該作者
My daughter also born in late Dec 2004.  She can get the offer from Good Hope and 2nd in of KTS.  However, she cannot have the 2nd in of DGJS and co-ed. This is within my expectation cos we are not related.  My girl got full "Excellent" in K2 result in a famous kindergarten and win many prizes inside and outside HK.  But we do our best, no regret.  If the school just think the month of birth is the most important thing and ignore the other factors even she performed good, just let them think that. I will not waste 1 year for those school. I just wait for any school can appreciate her.

23#
發表於 09-11-8 23:13 |只看該作者
原帖由 Loklok2 於 09-11-8 23:01 發表

唔好話你個女係12月出世呀,我個仔係7月出世都冇著數啦!
我觀課時已經知道大仔好好多,全班學生中只有幾個細仔細女,我個仔7月係其中一個,而其他就係大仔大女,上課時好明顯係儍D好似發夢一樣,大仔大女好明顯反應好和快,所以考 ...

我囡囡雖然係細女, 但我並唔覺得佢反應比大仔大囡差, 即使佢差不多係全班最為細, 但佢次次考試都係名列前茅 ! 校內校外亦攞唔少獎.

[ 本帖最後由 Chincco 於 09-11-8 23:16 編輯 ]

24#
發表於 09-11-8 23:17 |只看該作者
Difference in age for 1-2 months already have great differences in maturity at such a young age.  It may be especially true at "5 years old" as it is marked as the beginning of  "schooling age" internationally.  At least, I found my son grown up a lot within last 2 months after turning 5.

If Education Bureau allows all kids born before Dec 31 to apply primary one.  It should be fairer for all kids if the interviews of DSS or private schools are taken in 2010.  

But probably due to the vigorous competition in the "market", these schools have to arrange the interviews earlier and earlier now.

原帖由 Loklok2 於 09-11-8 23:01 發表

唔好話你個女係12月出世呀,我個仔係7月出世都冇著數啦!
我觀課時已經知道大仔好好多,全班學生中只有幾個細仔細女,我個仔7月係其中一個,而其他就係大仔大女,上課時好明顯係儍D好似發夢一樣,大仔大女好明顯反應好和快,所以考 ...

25#
發表於 09-11-9 00:02 |只看該作者

回覆 21# PMma 的文章

Agree!
My girl was born in July 04, for those born between Sep to Dec 04, you still have choice to repeat one year, but for ours born in the middle of the year, less chance to get offer.
SPCC - No 2nd in
DGJS - rejected
GH     - still wait for letter
SH     - Not yet interview

Can't wait till June, next year. Kill me.

26#
發表於 09-11-9 00:25 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

27#
發表於 09-11-9 00:42 |只看該作者
我囝囝只係13個月既九月BB,但係現在為他報PN,已經困難重重,報了好多間,有大大部份連INTERVIEW既機會都冇。

人仔細細都未續書,我已經好擔心了,加上睇到你哋既遭遇,就更加擔心。

28#
發表於 09-11-9 00:45 |只看該作者

29#
發表於 09-11-9 01:01 |只看該作者

等抽,再揾小一定repeat好,好煩呀!今次真係一子錯滿盤皆落索!個仔前途就在我手上!

30#
發表於 09-11-9 01:18 |只看該作者
細女們, 有冇報OUR LADY, TAK NGA ?

6月時TSL, KTS,九龍MANSUNG仲有機會的. 千萬不要灰心.

大抽獎後叩門, 一般叫OK的津校,去到8月都會有位架, (只要心頭千萬不要太高, MCS, LS, STMARY有位係都比有關係人士先)

[ 本帖最後由 林嬌嬌 於 09-11-9 01:42 編輯 ]

31#
發表於 09-11-9 01:24 |只看該作者
原帖由 goodboymama 於 09-11-9 01:01 發表

等抽,再揾小一定repeat好,好煩呀!今次真係一子錯滿盤皆落索!個仔前途就在我手上!mouth:" />

如果repeat,都唔知點同囡囡解釋 ? 雖然話佢哋係細仔細囡, 但佢哋已經識得咩嘢係自尊, 點樣話佢知, 間間都唔收佢呀 ?

32#
發表於 09-11-9 01:26 |只看該作者
原帖由 林嬌嬌 於 09-11-9 01:18 發表
細女們, 有冇報OUR LADY, TAK NGA ?

點解咁問呀 ?

33#
發表於 09-11-9 01:45 |只看該作者
原帖由 Chincco 於 09-11-9 01:26 發表

點解咁問呀 ?

仲有培道
相對容易考到,又OK的學校。叫做有一鳥在手,派位派得差都不令你太惶恐

[ 本帖最後由 林嬌嬌 於 09-11-9 02:17 編輯 ]

34#
發表於 09-11-9 01:59 |只看該作者

not a great believer

原帖由 wootaitai 於 09-11-9 00:25 發表
actually no proof that the awards are of any use ar... I regret wasting so much time on those things

My daughter has 10+ awards, I know someone with 20+ awards but also no second in with DGJS. She is ...

I'm not a great believer in impact of the awards, so my daughter (kids) don't have much - just 3.   I believe QUALITY time spend with daughter and family has more impact.   Nurture and develop the INDIVIDUAL much more important - self confidence, expression and manners.   

I think there is some truth in this small / big kid issue, but probably not the decisive.   My girl is born in August so small girl, if I remember only one rejection from Kinder (even though know one of the teachers) and her school results are not bad.  Her account of her interviews have been good and so far 2nd int with KTS.   At 2 the difference is big, but at 5 the difference is small.  

The whole system with the very "best" school amounts to lucky draw given at best it is 1-10 chance of getting a place.  Based on less then 15 minutes I think it is more a process of elimination then selection based on merit.   So if not selected does not mean kid not the best just didn't perform in that 15 minutes.  

I strongly suggest NOT to show any strong emotions to your kid when you know the result good or bad (or immediately after their account of interviews) this will only hurt them.  Ping Sum Ping Hay!  (My Chinese typing not good.)  

Our kids are luckiest one in HK as they have great parents.   My overseas friends thinks my daughter is much more mature then her counterparts in developed countries, I guess yours are too.  What we put our kids thru is madness.

Sadly, all HK kids are failed by our Government.  The gap from best and rest is so huge.   School allocation system is essentially a lucky draw - HK's 2nd mark six!  The best private schools are overwhelmed with applications, our kids face the prospect failure at a very young age else they end up getting a bad education.

The road is still very long...don't forget to enjoy route!

35#
發表於 09-11-9 02:29 |只看該作者
actually it is fair for those small kids (born in Nov. / Dec. 2004 ) to take P.1 for 2011,  together with those big kids (born in Jan / Feb 2005).  Both spend (waste) 1 year.

For the small girls, some are capable to pick up earlier,
but for the small boys, most of them develop slower.

36#
發表於 09-11-9 03:09 |只看該作者
agree. 'elimination' system is easier to control for schools.
原帖由 smartmatt 於 09-11-9 01:59 發表

I'm not a great believer in impact of the awards, so my daughter (kids) don't have much - just 3.   I believe QUALITY time spend with daughter and family has more impact.   Nurture and develop the I ...

37#
發表於 09-11-9 06:49 |只看該作者
我想話點解雖然話出生率低, 但都超多人報名, 因為現加插了十分之多的內地新移民, 你唔好唔記得, 此類人是有錢o個 D, 我地D香港市民點比喎, 你估學校唔驚香港班友可能因失之類的問題而日後無錢交學費咩, 仲有大把跟尾D補習費, 課外活動呢!  淨係呢一PART 都已將學額分走左啦!!

我覺得如果你地D仔女是細仔的話, 便請留多一年, 因上到小學後真的很難追, 小朋友就算是相差一個月, 但學習能力都差好遠, 費時追唔上比人趕出校, 你仲驚!

38#
發表於 09-11-9 07:30 |只看該作者
I can't agree with you - the HK kids, in general, are poor to have those pushy parents and the biggest problem in HK education system is exactly the parents! While government tried to facilitate the learning by introducing 母語教學, who were doing the vote to object? THE PARENTS. I bet even government do anything to change the situation, like complete lucky draw, or complete selection authority in the schools, the parents will still just squeeze into the old famous school - it's in the gene!

原帖由 smartmatt 於 09-11-9 01:59 發表
Our kids are luckiest one in HK as they have great parents.   Myoverseas friends thinks my daughter is much more mature then hercounterparts in developed countries, I guess yours are too.  What weput our kids thru is madness.

Sadly, all HK kids are failed by our Government.  The gap from best andrest is so huge.   School allocation system is essentially a lucky draw- HK's 2nd mark six!  The best private schools are overwhelmed withapplications, our kids face the prospect failure at a very young ageelse they end up getting a bad education.

[ 本帖最後由 circleda 於 09-11-9 07:35 編輯 ]
:-D

39#
發表於 09-11-9 09:25 |只看該作者

40#
發表於 09-11-9 09:49 |只看該作者
Thats is what HK Govt wants to see. More people go to private or DSS schools and therefore less finanical burden for Govt schools.

Same as hospital, they want people going to private hospital or paying private insurance.

This P1 private school/ DSS interview game will only become competitive with the years to come
‹ 上一主題|下一主題