教育王國 討論區 播道書院 Accept or give up?
發新帖
查看: 2278|回覆: 12
go

Accept or give up? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-10-24 13:51 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
Hi all,

My son was luckily accepted by EC, but I'm not very familiar with the school since it is quite fresh especially for the teachers,  academic standard and Secondary section. Since their father was passed away, I have to face all the Qs and afaird to make a wrong decision. Please share your opinions with me:

1) Do I take the EC offer better than to wait the Gov't place?
    As checked the school, 15 marks need to draw.
2) Use Eng in Maths & General Studies, is it very difficult to

understand?
3) I still have a little daughter, if go to EC that is not 100%

accept, but for Gov't school that is 100% guarantee. If go to
   EC that I need to play the game once again. How to choose?
4) EC is in an active teaching mode (not heavy homework?)

and keen on 德育, is it more suitable for our family
    background?
5) Pay 12 years school fee x 2 or enjoy the free
education?
6) Is it very 儍 if give up EC & go for lucky draw?

Thank you very much in advance!

foster_ma

[ 本帖最後由 foster_ma 於 09-10-24 13:53 編輯 ]
   0    0    0    0
我個囝7歲了,佢個妹都5歲啦!

2#
發表於 09-10-24 15:49 |只看該作者
If I were you and financially feasible, I will accept EC offer.

Reasons:
1. Being a single parent is not easy and if you work very hard to bring up your kids, you would always wants to have a good relationship with them, EC workload is not heavy as compare to outside, so you can have more time to play with them

2. If you are lucky enough to get in a good govt/subsidized school, the homework will be heavy in order to get a good results. Do you have time to guide them when both of your kids goto Primary? Do you want to fight with them every night over the homework, preparationof tests and exam? If you prefer a not too good govt/sub school, why not choose EC, EC has good academic standards

3. EC emphazised in moral education, nowsaday, many schools only focus on student academic results and no time to pay attention to students' moral standards, that is why we have so problems with teenagers. You don't want you kids like that, do you?

4. During the briefing section, I have asked Principal Lo that if elder brother got accepted, will the younger sister be accepted also (I also have 2 kids). The principal replied if the elder sibling is studying in EC, as long as the younger sibling is normal, he will accept the younger one.

These are my personal opinions.

EC parents,
please comment.

原帖由 foster_ma 於 09-10-24 13:51 發表
Hi all,

My son was luckily accepted by EC, but I'm not very familiar with the school since it is quite fresh especially for the teachers,  academic standard and Secondary section. Since their father  ...

3#
發表於 09-10-24 22:19 |只看該作者
原帖由 foster_ma 於 09-10-24 01:51 PM 發表
Hi all,

My son was luckily accepted by EC, but I'm not very familiar with the school since it is quite fresh especially for the teachers,  academic standard and Secondary section. Since their father  ...

本人並非教徒,但我相信冥冥中是有主宰的,可能今次是一個好機會......
even if you have financial difficulties, EC have a special subsidized fund for you to apply. So, no need to worry about $$$.
Give EC a chance to take care of your 2 children...

4#
發表於 09-10-25 00:42 |只看該作者
I am a dad of a P1 student. Don't give up.  Your son can easy to follow the teacher without feeling difficults. He will feel happy and easy on learning everyday.
Mr Lo said he can help the parents to solve the financial difficults on school fee payment.

Once again, please come.

原帖由 foster_ma 於 09-10-24 13:51 發表
Hi all,

5#
發表於 09-10-25 07:39 |只看該作者
校長經常掛在口邊:一個都不能少.....
這包括成績追吾上、態度頑劣、以及經濟困難的學生。

6#
發表於 09-10-25 09:41 |只看該作者
校長經常掛在口邊:一個都不能少.....唔知係咪包括我小朋友呢... 希望我仲有機會啦...

原帖由 freddielau 於 09-10-25 07:39 發表
校長經常掛在口邊:一個都不能少.....
這包括成績追吾上、態度頑劣、以及經濟困難的學生。

7#
發表於 09-10-26 12:15 |只看該作者
Foster-ma,
我未收到信.....

小兒面試英文部份應無問.但他對我講不懂普通話.請問已收取錄信家長,有冇您的孩子是不懂,但播道仍取錄?

心急家長上

8#
發表於 09-10-27 02:37 |只看該作者
Hi  jamessb,

In fact, my son's Mandarian is not very well too. However, he could answer during the Mandarian section as the teacher asked him:

1) What is your name?
2) Where do you live?
3) What are you making of during the lego time?

For Q3, as per his description, the teacher asked the group to make a "people" by using lego, then describe it.  I wondered how he can speak by Mandarian, but he said he can. Ha?

原帖由 jamessb 於 09-10-26 12:15 發表
Foster-ma,
我未收到信.....

小兒面試英文部份應無問.但他對我講不懂普通話.請問已收取錄信家長,有冇您的孩子是不懂,但播道仍取錄?

心急家長上
我個囝7歲了,佢個妹都5歲啦!

9#
發表於 09-10-27 02:41 |只看該作者
Dear all,

I have put all of your sharing in my consideration, thank you so much!!!

foster_ma
我個囝7歲了,佢個妹都5歲啦!

10#
發表於 09-10-28 17:20 |只看該作者
Foster-ma

If you still not give up, may be you consider to accept as I already accepted, may be we can share more in the future, God bless your family. Dont give up. Love is more important than kwonlege in our life time. That is the point, I accepted EC.

原帖由 foster_ma 於 09-10-27 02:41 發表
Dear all,

I have put all of your sharing in my consideration, thank you so much!!!

foster_ma

11#
發表於 09-10-29 01:22 |只看該作者
Hi Tarama,

It is very hard to give up the offer at the end. Hope all of our children have a good & happy life in whatever schools.

原帖由 Tarama 於 09-10-28 17:20 發表
Foster-ma

If you still not give up, may be you consider to accept as I already accepted, may be we can share more in the future, God bless your family. Dont give up. Love is more important than kwonl ...
我個囝7歲了,佢個妹都5歲啦!

12#
發表於 09-10-29 10:59 |只看該作者
Foster-ma,

Good to know that, hope to see you later.  by the way, can you let me know what is your son's name?
原帖由 foster_ma 於 09-10-29 01:22 發表
Hi Tarama,

It is very hard to give up the offer at the end. Hope all of our children have a good & happy life in whatever schools.

13#
發表於 09-10-29 11:03 |只看該作者
Tarama,

Oh, sorry ah, maybe I got some mistakes in writing.
I gave up la.

原帖由 Tarama 於 09-10-29 10:59 發表
Foster-ma,

Good to know that, hope to see you later.  by the way, can you let me know what is your son's name?
我個囝7歲了,佢個妹都5歲啦!
‹ 上一主題|下一主題