用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 小一選校 拔萃男書院附屬小學今日面試
樓主: seabird6623
go

拔萃男書院附屬小學今日面試

發表於 09-10-10 22:34 |顯示全部帖子
My son told me that the teacher gave him a green sticker when he finished the interview.  And I saw every kids got green stickers on top of their name tags.  So I think it's a mechanism for the teacher to recognize whether the child has completed interview (ie to ensure that they won't omit a child for the interview).

發表於 09-10-10 22:40 |顯示全部帖子
do you mean a round coloured sticker which sticked on the name label? or other sticker? My son got a green round sticker sticked on the big yellow label but he did not has other label than that.

My son told me that no computer slide show for him...

I think the school must have different versions of test as they want to test the core compentent of the child rather than getting the answer only. Therefore, it's Ok for them to have different test content as long as those tests are pointing to the core compentent that they are looking for...

Anyway, it's finished and let's keep our finger crossed.

發表於 09-10-10 22:41 |顯示全部帖子
Exactly!  The sticker is for identification only, like a lawyer initials all the pages of a contract proving that all pages are vet before releasing!! hahahaha. Please don't bother the sticker. It means nothing other than identification.  Also I believe all teachers would say the answers are great to encourage the kids.

發表於 09-10-10 22:45 |顯示全部帖子
You all are lucky.  My son rejected to do the interview, thus, he didn't follow the teacher to go to the room.  I was so down.

發表於 09-10-10 22:48 |顯示全部帖子
To build on Childrenfirst's comments, I recall I have gone through a University management trainee programme screening process in which I was the interviewer panel.  The questions raised were irrelevant based on the design of the assessment.  As assessors, we were required to fill in a form which captures core competence and to put a rating to each of the core competence. All ratings need to be supported by assessors' observations, which could include the body language, how the candidate interact with others, the use of languages, and even facial expression, etc.  At the end of the day, the ratings of the assessors in the panel are added up to calculate the average for ranking the candidates.  Perhaps P1 interviews are more or less similar.

發表於 09-10-10 22:51 |顯示全部帖子
to sachan701 - don't be sad. Always remind yourself, this is just an experience in your son's life!  whether it's up or down, that's life.  We learn from experience.

發表於 09-10-10 23:17 |顯示全部帖子
my case is rare.  My son went for group interview (English) but only watching TV, and no question by the teacher for any of them.  I think the group was initally classified.

發表於 09-10-10 23:38 |顯示全部帖子
my son got a red sticker also, he told me the teacher said that is good....  

原帖由 HKdevil 於 09-10-10 22:15 發表
Oh my son told me that he answered all the questions correctly, when I asked him how he knew he answered the questions correctly. he said :" the teacher said that is good and she gave me a sticker"

B ...

醒目開學勳章

發表於 09-10-10 23:55 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 bowling68 於 09-10-10 23:17 發表
my case is rare.  My son went for group interview (English) but only watching TV, and no question by the teacher for any of them.  I think the group was initally classified.

Does your son is related group or unrelated group?

發表於 09-10-10 23:59 |顯示全部帖子
我個仔用廣東話作答, 佢話一班小朋友入課室睇電影, 跟注叫名入去INTREVIEW(有兩個老師一個中國人, 一個外國人), 比CD佢聽故事, 跟注問佢故事內容, 同埋叫佢分別水果, 蔬菜同飲品的分別, 佢無話耍串字同埋舉手答問題, 可能每段時間都唔同???
FRENTE

發表於 09-10-11 00:08 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 bowling68 於 09-10-10 23:17 發表

請問你小朋友是大仔or細仔?因覺得學校一早可能已用年齡分組,所以想統計一下。
我的是大仔,用中文in,有個別問問題。

[ 本帖最後由 bb亞媽 於 09-10-11 00:26 編輯 ]

發表於 09-10-11 00:20 |顯示全部帖子
yes the sticker probably mean nothing...it was probably my son's assumption since in his school, giving a sticker means good thing.

發表於 09-10-11 00:26 |顯示全部帖子
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

發表於 09-10-11 00:32 |顯示全部帖子
My son also told me that he was given a green sticker, which meant that the interview had been completed.
Here is his version:
Boys were arranged to watch a video about some space adventure (he mentioned astronaut and galaxy).  There were several teachers in the room, but no questions were being asked. Then he was brought to the outside of the interview room and waited for his turn.  It was a one-to-one interview conducted in cantonese.  He was asked to spot the differences between 2 pictures.  And then he needed to describe a picture with a lot of objects with the same shape but in different colors.  His answer was quite creative and the teacher said something good about it.  After that, he did the listening and answered about 5 questions.  Finally, the teacher gave him the green sticker and then he could leave the room.  There was no more video watching after that.

發表於 09-10-11 00:42 |顯示全部帖子

Time limit

As I know, there have time limit (for example, 30sec.) for each question. Which means if the boy think too long or didn't answer the question within 30 seconds. Teacher then will ask the next question. It was proven by my son.
He went in a  room with a group to watch a Disney movie, then a foreign teacher asked the boys in ENGLISH that if they want to have a Chinese Version? Then use Cantonese to ask again for English Version? Then raise up they hand......
He was interviewed with complete Cantonese, no english nor mandarin at all. He didn't have question shown in the computer but only pictures.
Then have a Cantonese story to listen, answer few questions afterward.
Last thing was went back to watch another video without asking any question.
I think it is details enough at all. hahaha
哈哈笑容!!!!!!!!!!!!

發表於 09-10-11 01:01 |顯示全部帖子
My friend is very concern that his son only being asked to listen to a story and then answer questions from it, nothing else.  He is concerned whether his son has answered those story questions poorly and the teacher didn't proceed to another set of questions.

原帖由 naoch 於 09-10-11 00:42 發表
As I know, there have time limit (for example, 30sec.) for each question. Which means if the boy think too long or didn't answer the question within 30 seconds. Teacher then will ask the next question ...

發表於 09-10-11 01:27 |顯示全部帖子

發表於 09-10-11 08:37 |顯示全部帖子

發表於 09-10-11 10:08 |顯示全部帖子
My son was too shy to say 'good morning' and 'goodbye'. I think the teacher must have regarded him as an impolite kid. So, he is probably not admitted.

發表於 09-10-11 17:04 |顯示全部帖子
請問要second inteview 嗎?如有會何時通知?