用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 全新2013-14一條龍幼稚園->小學->中學名單 ...
樓主: iantsang
go

全新2013-14一條龍幼稚園->小學->中學名單     [複製鏈接]

101#
發表於 09-9-29 14:34 |只看該作者
原帖由 iantsang 於 09-9-29 14:13 發表
hi bakusensai,

the reason you mentioned prevents many gov't aided schools to turn to DSS!  Especially those in HK islands, where the annual maintenance fees are hugh!

Of course, at least I k ...

yes, unbelievably huge!

the dilemma is:
- 辦學團體 may ve reservation to change to DSS owing to consideration of financial situation of the parents and whether restricting kids "less financially equipped" is violating their 辦學理念
- the principal may be in favour of changing to DSS as they will ve "better" control on "selection of kids", "management on the staff" and much more flexibility, etc
- teachers and other working staff may not be too keen to change to DSS as their salary may no longer follow the MPS scale. but some may  enjoy that as some DSS (like LA)provide more support to teachers on "admin work" and the teachers can focus more on teaching

- parents: those so-called "more financially equipped" may be in favour of more DSS as the choices will be more but those "less financially equipped" may ve grave concerns on more and more schools change to DSS.
- EDB: i guess should be in great favour of that as this can greatly help to "cap" the expenses.

really curious on the outcome :)

醒目開學勳章

102#
發表於 09-9-29 14:46 |只看該作者
Thanks for the sharing on your views, many of these can be new factors for parents to consider as many may not be familiar with the topic.

quoted from you:
" EDB: i guess should be in great favour of that as this can greatly help to "cap" the expenses."

Very true!!!  

原帖由 bakusensei 於 09-9-29 14:34 發表

yes, unbelievably huge!

the dilemma is:
- 辦學團體 may ve reservation to change to DSS owing to consideration of financial situation of the parents and whether restricting kids "less financially eq ...

[ 本帖最後由 iantsang 於 09-9-29 21:26 編輯 ]

103#
發表於 09-9-29 16:23 |只看該作者
Can somebody help by advising whether KM is a good KG compared with St Cat & KV?

Thanks for your help

醒目開學勳章

104#
發表於 09-9-29 16:56 |只看該作者
Hope this is useful for your reference concerning Keen mind.

http://hk.myblog.yahoo.com/ian-kingdom/article?mid=24

原帖由 nicole2628 於 09-9-29 16:23 發表
Can somebody help by advising whether KM is a good KG compared with St Cat & KV?

Thanks for your help

105#
發表於 09-9-29 17:26 |只看該作者
Ian,

Thanks for your reply.  I want to know your feeling towards this kindergarten.  In fact,  I read these results on it's websit already.  My girl is in K1 near the place we lived because we have been rejected by SC and KV last year (eventhough she answer all the questions in the interveiw).  She born in 2006 (end of the year).  I want to apply those KGs again for next year.  However KM offer me a place in K1 now so I am struggling whether I should change to study in KM now or wait for the interview of SC and KV and let my girl to study K1 again there  next year.

Thanks for your opinion.

醒目開學勳章

106#
發表於 09-9-29 22:07 |只看該作者
Hi nicole2628,

I am sorry I need to leave in a hurry so can only leave you a link for your reference.

However, out of the many Kowloon Tong kindergartens, I have only spent time on a few of them but unfortunately Keen mind was not one of them.  How soon do you need to confirm with them?  Moreover, what is your expectation from kindergarten education and target school path?

Give me some time to look over few things, hopefully I can give you some comments in a day or two.  (Do let me know the answers of my questions so I know which angle should I look into it).

Ian

原帖由 nicole2628 於 09-9-29 17:26 發表
Ian,

Thanks for your reply.  I want to know your feeling towards this kindergarten.  In fact,  I read these results on it's websit already.  My girl is in K1 near the place we lived because we have b ...

107#
發表於 09-9-30 00:21 |只看該作者
原帖由 nicole2628 於 09-9-29 16:23 發表

Thanks for your help

my girl is now attending pn class in KM. according to a classmate's mom, whose elder son just graduated from KM, she said the workload in KM is quite a lot, you can expect 7 homeworks on weekend and even more on long weekend in K3. despite the pretty heavy workload, there are lots of activities every month. the overage standard on chinese, english is not bad. hope this can help.

108#
發表於 09-9-30 02:03 |只看該作者

回覆 1# iantsang 的文章

多謝哂!!!

醒目開學勳章

109#
發表於 09-9-30 07:58 |只看該作者
Thank you very much for sharing!

原帖由 elmolly 於 09-9-30 00:21 發表

my girl is now attending pn class in KM. according to a classmate's mom, whose elder son just graduated from KM, she said the workload in KM is quite a lot, you can expect 7 homeworks on weekend and ...

110#
發表於 09-9-30 16:40 |只看該作者
今年情況都好特別, 2007年起出生率標升, 又唔知由幾時起, 細b考慮repeat k1, 做成有超大b的出現。

如果係07年細b仲有機會係08年做超大b, 但係如果07年的大b面試表現唔理想, 咁就冇可能係08年再黎過。

無論大b及細b, 如果今年係waiting list, 又唔代表冇機會, 記得要忍耐同有平常心。

突然有感而發, 抱歉打擾!

醒目開學勳章

111#
發表於 09-9-30 17:56 |只看該作者
Hi lafayette,

why suddenly so 有感而發?  I guess somehow nowadays parents like to get to the desired destination at earlier stage?  On ther other hand, may be the policy should have remained so children entered kindergarten at the age of 3, instead of 2 years and 8 months.  Look at it the other way, may be the parents can save the repeat year now for future, and that may be in better use.  Never know!

Hope you don't mind but technically the increase in birth was comparatively moderate.  I have here the past 5 years statistics for parents' reference:

2004 - 49,800 (6% increase from previous year)

2005 - 57,100 (14.7% increase from previous year)

2006 - 65,600 (14.9% increase from previous year)

2007 - 70,900 (8% increase from previous year)

2008 - 78,700 (11% increase from previous year)

資料來源:政府統計處人口統計組 (查詢電話 : 2716 8345)

So, the biggest increase is already history so the 2007 should treat this as a good news to them.

原帖由 lafayette 於 09-9-30 16:40 發表
今年情況都好特別, 2007年起出生率標升, 又唔知由幾時起, 細b考慮repeat k1, 做成有超大b的出現。

如果係07年細b仲有機會係08年做超大b, 但係如果07年的大b面試表現唔理想, 咁就冇可能係08年再黎過。

無論大b及細b ...

112#
發表於 09-9-30 18:33 |只看該作者
Hi Ian!

The increasing the birth rate, the lower chance and more competitive to be admitted by famous kindergartens.

Liza
原帖由 iantsang 於 09-9-30 17:56 發表
Hi lafayette,

why suddenly so 有感而發?  I guess somehow nowadays parents like to get to the desired destination at earlier stage?  On ther other hand, may be the policy should have remained so child ...

醒目開學勳章

113#
發表於 09-9-30 23:41 |只看該作者
Hi Liza,

This may not be totally true.  Many of the famous kindergartens actually have more capacity to expand if in case it is necessary.  The number of seats available in them are not FIXED.  So, no need to worry too soon!

For what I know, KV has capacity to vary according to demand (I am not sure with St. Cat. though), SHCK has one extra classes every 3 years, etc.  Hope this help to relieve you!

Good luck to you all!  Will start preparing interview preparation and tricks later......  I really need to catch up on works!

Ian

原帖由 ML_Ngan 於 09-9-30 18:33 發表
Hi Ian!

The increasing the birth rate, the lower chance and more competitive to be admitted by famous kindergartens.
mouth:" />    
Liza

114#
發表於 09-10-1 00:01 |只看該作者
Hi Ian,

Thank you for your reply.  Finally I have registered at KM today as they had already given me a few more days to decide before the actual deadline.  I don't know much thing on KM.  Anyway I think KM will be better than the KG my girl currently attended.  I can't afford to lose since my baby born in 2006.  The coming interview is the last chance to enter my favorite KG like St Cat, KV, St Paul and PC
(last year I didn't try St Paul & PC).  So I will let my girl study in KM first and then wait to see whether I will repeat K1 next year if she was accepted by those KG's.  It's really drive me crazy to make the decision coz too many things I need to consider.  

I want my girl to have good standard on both English and Chinese. On the other hands,  I believe all the parents want the one dragon school so they don't need to bother to choose again whether their kids promote to Primary school.  On this way I think PC is the best however it's English standard may not be as good as the other KGs.

Let me know your opinion.

Thanks

I want to know

醒目開學勳章

115#
發表於 09-10-1 00:29 |只看該作者
Hi nicole2628,

Based on the comments I have heard so far, KM seems to be quite a good kindergarten so I think it should be a good choice for your daughter to study.

However, I want you to know that it won't be your last chance to attend any of those kindergartens you mentioned.  K1 is not the only entrance to these kindergartens.  You can always try to apply to K2 and K3.  Sometimes, I think the chance through this channel can actually be easier.  So, don't put too much pressure to yourself to try to sort all these out at the same time.

One thing to note, as the Chinese say, "The needle won't be sharp at both end".  If you want stronger prepartion like language skills, then you must choose those famous kindergartens like St. Cat., etc.  If you want one-dragon, then their program won't be as intense as those more commercialized kinedrgartens.  So, there are trade-off so must choose between which is in higher priority.

My last comment is, as small 06 bb to re-apply for KV, that's an option but need to know Chinese is better than English there.

For PC, I guess if you have the one-dragon, then worry about English standard by getting external courses would solve your concerns already.  I am really not sure if extra big B has the advantage since my elder is 0608 and did get accept to AM class last year.  Although we didn't choose PC at the end, but it doesn't mean it is not good.  My daughter choose another one for herself which is also one-dragon and we think the decison was right.

Also note extra big B is not the preference of spk.  Their main group of preferred students are between Q1 (January - March).  Of course small number of extra big B and also some from other months, but relatively those are very small group.  But worth a try!

Hope this help you and good luck to you!

Ian

原帖由 nicole2628 於 09-10-1 00:01 發表
Hi Ian,

Thank you for your reply.  Finally I have registered at KM today as they had already given me a few more days to decide before the actual deadline.  I don't know much thing on KM.  Anyway I t ...

116#
發表於 09-10-2 13:56 |只看該作者
Hi emolly,

Do u have any idea if the activities every month need to be accompanied by parent or not?

原帖由 elmolly 於 09-9-30 00:21 發表

my girl is now attending pn class in KM. according to a classmate's mom, whose elder son just graduated from KM, she said the workload in KM is quite a lot, you can expect 7 homeworks on weekend and ...

117#
發表於 09-10-2 23:06 |只看該作者
Hi Ian,

I have the same thinking as nicole2628, my son is a small boy (0712), will apply gd kinder this year and will try one-dragon in 2nd year.  I am just thinking if he success to get a seat in gd kinder this year and will let him to study K1 in Sep 2010(he will study N1 in the coming Feb) but if he failed for the one-dragon in the 2nd year, shall I go ahead to let him promote to K2 coz not much kinder allow kid to repeat k1.  As you said, we may think to repeat K2 /K3, would you please elaborate a little bit, many thanks!

原帖由 iantsang 於 09-10-1 00:29 發表
Hi nicole2628,

Based on the comments I have heard so far, KM seems to be quite a good kindergarten so I think it should be a good choice for your daughter to study.

However, I want you to know that  ...

醒目開學勳章

118#
發表於 09-10-3 23:25 |只看該作者
Hi Littlespicy,

Sorry I have problems logging in bk so couldn't give you a reply.  I hope it is okay now.

I believe what I meant was not to repeat K2 or K3, but to retry (i.e. re-apply for K2 or K3) those kindergartens you previously failed to be admitted.  The purpose of repeat was for kids who really cannot catch the progress and need to give the children more time.  So, if it is just to apply for those kindergartens again, there are no need to repeat K1.  Of course, if you feel as big B would have an overwhelm advantage, but that can't always be the case.

Hope I explain it well.

Ian

原帖由 LITTLESPICY 於 09-10-2 23:06 發表
Hi Ian,

I have the same thinking as nicole2628, my son is a small boy (0712), will apply gd kinder this year and will try one-dragon in 2nd year.  I am just thinking if he success to get a seat in gd ...

119#
發表於 09-10-4 00:13 |只看該作者
thanks, Ian.

原帖由 iantsang 於 09-10-3 23:25 發表
Hi Littlespicy,

Sorry I have problems logging in bk so couldn't give you a reply.  I hope it is okay now.

I believe what I meant was not to repeat K2 or K3, but to retry (i.e. re-apply for K2 or K3) ...

醒目開學勳章

120#
發表於 09-10-4 01:01 |只看該作者
You are welcome and good luck to your kid on the upcoming application!  Feel free to ask if there are anything I can offer a helping hand!

原帖由 LITTLESPICY 於 09-10-4 00:13 發表
thanks, Ian.

‹ 上一主題|下一主題