用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 全新2013-14一條龍幼稚園->小學->中學名單 ...
樓主: iantsang
go

全新2013-14一條龍幼稚園->小學->中學名單     [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 09-9-22 14:49 |只看該作者

thank you!!!!!

22#
發表於 09-9-22 15:06 |只看該作者
妳好好人同好犀利呀!
唔該哂妳呀!

醒目開學勳章

23#
發表於 09-9-22 22:14 |只看該作者

Correction made on 2009-09-21

May I apologize to the parents that have read my post, some information was not correct so I would like to correct it asap.

I just find out from two of my friends that
Munsang College (Primary Section) (民生書院(小學部)) does not guarantee admissions to the primary section for the kindergarten students.  So, I have already updated it on the top post to reflect this.

Very sorry about such mistake since Munsang was not my cup of tea!  

醒目開學勳章

24#
發表於 09-9-22 23:42 |只看該作者
Hi NT-1,

My younger daughter is now 15 months old, so preparing to apply for pre-nursery again!  Is it the same as your younger son?

Sorry to hear that she will feel uncomfortable to take the bus after eating.  Then she must be very poor and feel very hungry to start school.  But I think she must enjoy the school very much otherwise she should be complaing by now!  Have you ask the doctor and see if there are any solutions?  Or will you consider moving close to school?

原帖由 NT-1 於 09-9-22 13:23 發表
Glad to hear your daughter enjoying the school :)  How old is your younger daughter??  I have a younger son, perhaps they are the same age??  
Same as your daughter, mine just love the kinder.  There  ...

25#
發表於 09-9-23 00:15 |只看該作者
Hi Ian,

thanks for your sharing, it's really kind of you

by the way, do you have a list on private schools that allow lucky draw? I just know some of them, but not all.

醒目開學勳章

26#
發表於 09-9-23 10:26 |只看該作者
Hi Emily,

I also don't have much information on this area since it is depends on each private primary to decide each year on whether they allow the students accepted to be available for lucky draw.

However, the basic concept if others who do not know is:  if a student apply for DSS primary school and accept the offer, then those MUST give up the chance for central allocation.  For private primary school, it is not a must to give up.

As far as I know, SPCS (primary) does not require the students to give up, and SHCSPS start from last year, also allow to enter central allocation.  For boys side, St. Louis School should allow central allocation but not sure if they remain this way for this year.

原帖由 elmolly 於 09-9-23 00:15 發表
Hi Ian,

thanks for your sharing, it's really kind of you

by the way, do you have a list on private schools that allow lucky draw? I just know some of them, but not all.

醒目開學勳章

27#
發表於 09-9-23 15:55 |只看該作者
Hi alicelmlau, you are welcome!

But I am not a woman.....

原帖由 alicelmlau 於 09-9-22 15:06 發表
妳好好人同好犀利呀!
唔該哂妳呀!

28#
發表於 09-9-23 16:00 |只看該作者
Thanks. This is definitely a good information for 2007 parents.

Cheers,

29#
發表於 09-9-23 16:14 |只看該作者
iantsang..... you are a superman, thanks a lot

醒目開學勳章

30#
發表於 09-9-23 16:41 |只看該作者

(Part II) Other options beside 一條龍幼稚園

Besides kindergartens I mentioned earlier, another popular choices will be the famous kindergartens like St. Catherine’s and Kentville in Kowloon Tong.
These two kindergartens have the biggest class size so they certainly serve as a guarantee of quality.
In my point of view, these two kindergartens are very different.
St. Catherine's emphasize on English skills, while Kentville emphasize on Chinese and Math Skills.
Also, Kentville kids have good self-discipline as commented by many bk parents.
However, these two are just example of another stream of kindergartens with other example like HKPS, Keenmind, Learning Habitat, York, Suka, etc.

The common characteristics of these kindergartens are they usually have tuition fees over the 24,000 limit.
As a result, the voucher is not applicable to these kindergartens and at the same time, their teaching methods will not be restricted by the voucher system.
So, this means they all offer different special programs which is not ordinary so parents must review them carefully to choose the right one for your kids.

The path following studying in this type of kindergarten will usually be DSS/ private primary schools and the children with these special training will certainly have an edge over other kids.
However, my reminder to the parents is to review all the DSS/ private primary school before you assume all of these schools are good.
Similarly, as these schools have less control by the Education Bureau, they can be very different in style.

For information on DSS and private primary school, please make the appropriate selections on the following web page:

http://chsc.edb.hkedcity.net/primary/index.php?lang=c

As mentioned in Part I, there are only 40 DSS and 20 private primary schools in Hong Kong, so the choices are also limited.

For some of the famous ones, you may want to take note of the preferred kindergartens for your considerations:

St. Paul's Co-ed College Primary School: Braemar Hill and SKH
Diocesan Girls'  Junior School : CCKG

Here to mention, CCKG only accepts K2 application so many parents will prefer to prepare the children in St. Catherine's during K1.
Interview for CCKG is English-only.

Part 3 will be followed later to discuss about government subsidized primary schools with related kindergartens and a piece of very important information which affects the 2007 babies.

31#
發表於 09-9-23 17:13 |只看該作者
Hello superman Ian,

唔知你有冇 “蘇浙” 和 “嶺南”嘅資料 ? 可以分享下你點睇嗎 ? 感謝感謝 ~~

醒目開學勳章

32#
發表於 09-9-23 17:27 |只看該作者
蘇浙 has local stream and Internatinal section.  Most parents like 蘇浙 because of their training on Putonghua and since they use Putonghua for teaching, it follows the increasing demand on this language nowadays with the huge market in mainland China.  Their primary section is also good but not the secondary section.  Just my personal comment.

For the case of 嶺南, my wife refers to it as the luxury version of Creative kindergarten since the materials are very similar (school uniforms, books they used).  The advantage of their teaching style is to develop the learning ability and creativity with the use of music and songs which also appeals to many parents.

I think most importantly, is to know what you want and what you feel is suitable for your child.  This will help definitely to find the right kinder!

p.s. I am just a regular father, not superman

原帖由 DDL 於 09-9-23 17:13 發表
Hello superman Ian,

唔知你有冇 “蘇浙” 和 “嶺南”嘅資料 ? 可以分享下你點睇嗎 ? 感謝感謝 ~~

[ 本帖最後由 iantsang 於 09-9-23 17:29 編輯 ]

醒目開學勳章

33#
發表於 09-9-23 18:12 |只看該作者
Hi iantsang

你打算apply 那幾間

34#
發表於 09-9-23 20:09 |只看該作者
係ian 的fan就知: 聖心, spk 啦~~ 因為一直有follow佢d post

by the way, thanks iantsang so much for these information!! you had done soo much hard work!! I had been following your post since last year when you are applying K for your daughter, this year is my turn!!! (definitely next year as well as my girl is a small small girl: end of 12/2007)

原帖由 bonnie_chan 於 09-9-23 18:12 發表
Hi iantsang

你打算apply 那幾間

35#
發表於 09-9-23 21:34 |只看該作者
just curious why Munsang colleage wasn't your cup of tea? do their curriculum is like other kinder in kln tong?

原帖由 iantsang 於 09-9-22 22:14 發表
May I apologize to the parents that have read my post, some information was not correct so I would like to correct it asap.

I just find out from two of my friends that
Munsang College (Primary Secti ...

36#
發表於 09-9-23 22:35 |只看該作者
請問DSS點解呀?

37#
發表於 09-9-23 22:42 |只看該作者
Thanks Ian for the information.  I am a father as well.  Would you please comment on the Victoria (Belcher) Kindergarten?  It stresses the implementation of IB (國際文憑) curriculum. What are your comment about the pros & cons in studying kindergartens like this one?  I know there are some more kindgergartens implementing IB, but all are international schools with costs over $4000 - $7000 per month.  Such an expensive study.

38#
發表於 09-9-23 22:45 |只看該作者
DSS = 直接資助計劃 Direct Subsidy Scheme

Reference: http://www.edb.gov.hk/index.aspx?langno=2&nodeID=173

39#
發表於 09-9-23 23:15 |只看該作者
原帖由 DDL 於 09-9-23 17:13 發表
Hello superman Ian,

好多謝你上年意見.  我先生同我考慮好耐, SC/KV 定PC 好.  我先生才決定揀培正唔揀其它.  

小朋友而家讀得好開心.   而家對小/中學已經唔需要太擔心.

呢個Post 分析得非常專業.  Thanks you so much

[ 本帖最後由 heidy4ever 於 09-9-23 23:23 編輯 ]

醒目開學勳章

40#
發表於 09-9-23 23:53 |只看該作者
Please refer to my portfolio of kindergartens applied last year:

http://forum.edu-kingdom.com/viewthread.php?tid=1702589&page=1#pid26697887

Thanks for asking, my elder daughter is studying in K1 now.  However, now I am applying for pre-nursery for my younger daughter and she is not as mature as my elder one so I will have headache next year.

原帖由 bonnie_chan 於 09-9-23 18:12 發表
Hi iantsang

你打算apply 那幾間
‹ 上一主題|下一主題