用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 全新2013-14一條龍幼稚園->小學->中學名單 ...
樓主: iantsang
go

全新2013-14一條龍幼稚園->小學->中學名單     [複製鏈接]

161#
發表於 09-12-8 13:51 |只看該作者
just got offer from St Clare and 浸大附幼, both are PM class. anyway, I don't much care about AM and PM.

how do you think the two one? I checked on net and found 浸大附幼 is an happy kinder, some kind of IB class, focus on child's personality, other than writing. the good side is it has one dragon primary school, the bad side is I don't very much comply with the new teaching comcept.

Between the two, I prefer St Clare since it's one dragon and English primary school. the bad side it's girl kinder. I'd like my girl grow in a common circumstance.

and my girl also accepted by Kau Yan. between Kau Yan and St Clare, which one is better?  

原帖由 iantsang 於 09-11-27 09:24 發表
You have applied for 30 kindergartens?  That's really a lot and you must be very busy running around the past few weekends.

Thosethat you have in group 3 are good backups to wait upon resultsannounce ...
(\~~/) (\~~/)
(~'.'~) (^.^ )
(_(__  (_(__)~ *^-^*

醒目開學勳章

162#
發表於 09-12-8 16:42 |只看該作者
Congratulations for more offers received.  However, I won't ask you to release the seats right-a-way since obviously you are waiting for more offers but should remember to release those offers asap which you will no longer consider since as you know this year, the competition is really high and many children really don't have any offers yet!  I trust you will be a considerate person.

Out of St. Clare's, HKBU and Kau Yan, I personally would like St. Clare's the most, and then Kau Yan over HKBU.  Frankly I am still not very comfortable with the too innovative teaching method as in HKBU.

Concerning St. Clare's being a girls-only school, for me I prefer it but I also understand some parents would have concerns over it.  However, as the children won't be attending the kindergarten only and they have a lot more social activities or external classes to attend nowadays, I wouldn't worry if they will be losing touch with the reality.

Ian

原帖由 冷暖自知 於 09-12-8 13:51 發表
just got offer from St Clare and 浸大附幼, both are PM class. anyway, I don't much care about AM and PM.

how do you think the two one? I checked on net and found 浸大附幼 is an happy kinder, some ki ...

163#
發表於 09-12-8 16:55 |只看該作者
Hi Ian,

Thank you very much for your sharing!  It do help me a lot on choosing KG.

By the way, can you avise your comments on 祟真?  If 祟真 is good, I don't need to attend other interviews.

It is very hard to me to take my son to attend interview as he always crys and refuses to answer any question.

Thank you very much for your help!

醒目開學勳章

164#
發表於 09-12-8 21:23 |只看該作者
Interview is a learning process so although it is tough but it is also a way to understand more of the characters of your son.  If he have behavior issues, then you need to face it rather than avoiding it.  You rather deal with it sooner than later.

Concerning TT......  may I know what other kindergartens do you still need to interview before I comment on it?

Ian

原帖由 LongLongapr407 於 09-12-8 16:55 發表
Hi Ian,

Thank you very much for your sharing!  It do help me a lot on choosing KG.

By the way, can you avise your comments on 祟真?  If 祟真 is good, I don't need to attend other interviews.

It is  ...

165#
發表於 09-12-9 01:31 |只看該作者
Hi Ian,

Please give me some advices on choosing a "right" kg for my daughter.
My daughter is now in Victoria PN (Kln) and obviously we have paid the reservation fee.  She was accepted by Creative Primary School Kg.  Waiting list for KV and SC.  Any comments on this?
If no offer for KV and SC in Apr and May, which one should I choose, Creative or Victoria.  Which one has a better result on P1 traditional school?
Thanks for your time.

166#
發表於 09-12-9 01:36 |只看該作者

May i seek your view

Hi! iantsang
May i seek your view on my situation.
My son big B, received offer from both St Paul Church PM and Ling Liang (HK) AM.  Really hard to choose.  Pls help . Thx!!!

醒目開學勳章

167#
發表於 09-12-9 01:45 |只看該作者
Hi BetMar,

Since you mentioned you are targeting traditional P1, may I know why you applied for Creative Primary?  Although I don't like Victoria but if I must compare, then I would still choose Victoria over Creative.

Since you have a daughter, without knowing more details, then I would suggest St. Cat. over KV if you got offers from them eventually.  I usually find St. Cat. more suitable for girls.  Actually you should know St. Cat is stronger on providing a good English environment while KV has a strong traditional training on children, particularly in Chinese and Math.  

原帖由 BetMar 於 09-12-9 01:31 發表
Hi Ian,

Please give me some advices on choosing a "right" kg for my daughter.
My daughter is now in Victoria PN (Kln) and obviously we have paid the reservation fee.  She was accepted by Creative Pri ...

醒目開學勳章

168#
發表於 09-12-9 01:48 |只看該作者
Why is it difficult to choose?  Is it because you prefer AM class for your son?

I would choose St. Paul's Church for a boy.  But if you want a more activity based environment so your son can really enjoy, then Ling Liang is a good choice too.

原帖由 hawet 於 09-12-9 01:36 發表
Hi! iantsang
May i seek your view on my situation.
My son big B, received offer from both St Paul Church PM and Ling Liang (HK) AM.  Really hard to choose.  Pls help . Thx!!!

169#
發表於 09-12-9 01:51 |只看該作者
原帖由 iantsang 於 09-12-9 01:48 發表
Why is it difficult to choose?  Is it because you prefer AM class for your son?

I would choose St. Paul's Church for a boy.  But if you want a more activity based environment so your son can really e ...

Wao, u a so great!! what a prompt reply.

In fact, my target is for a good primary school.  I admit I prefer AM class as can be more easily to plan extra activities/learning for him.

Any further advice?  thx a lot!!:loveliness:

醒目開學勳章

170#
發表於 09-12-9 02:02 |只看該作者
St. Paul's Church seems to have a pretty good P1 allocation result so it is the same as I suggest to my good friend as his son is also born in 2007.  In fact his son is also assigned to PM class so you two's children will be schoolmates.

But your concern is valid.  It will be quite difficult to arrange other activities studying in PM class.  I guess the world is not perfect so if you really have  a great plan of activities that your son must be studying in AM, then I guess you already have the answer to yourself.  Any other kindergartens in consideration besides these two?

原帖由 hawet 於 09-12-9 01:51 發表

Wao, u a so great!! what a prompt reply.

In fact, my target is for a good primary school.  I admit I prefer AM class as can be more easily to plan extra activities/learning for him.

Any further ad ...

171#
發表於 09-12-9 09:26 |只看該作者
Million thanks for your words "you need to face it rather than avoiding it".  I think this is really the thing I need to do.

The last interview is 宣道(12 Dec).  We want my son can learn good English and study in one-dragon KG, which can secure his seat in P1.

Another consideration is TT is relatively close to our home (we live in Cheung Sha Wan).

172#
發表於 09-12-9 09:30 |只看該作者
Million thanks for your advise.

醒目開學勳章

173#
發表於 09-12-9 10:15 |只看該作者
Hi LongLongapr407,

In that case, TT may be a better choice to secure a seat in their primary, since their primary tuition is so high, not many children will eventually continue to study in their primary section.  

I may like 宣道 a bit more but they only take about one-third of their kinder students to primary only, so it may not serve your purpose.

原帖由 LongLongapr407 於 09-12-9 09:26 發表
Million thanks for your words "you need to face it rather than avoiding it".  I think this is really the thing I need to do.

The last interview is 宣道(12 Dec).  We want my son can learn good English ...

174#
發表於 09-12-9 10:20 |只看該作者
Iantsang, I'm so appreciated with your valuable comment and advise on choosing kindergarten.  May I seek for your advise that my son got the offer of Kentville and St. Catherine, as a boy, which one is more suitable for him (I mean much competitiveness to enter famous primary school)?

Thanks very much!

醒目開學勳章

175#
發表於 09-12-9 10:33 |只看該作者
Hi Claralai,

You must have not read few of my replies where I doubt why parents need to compare KV and SC.

Actually, they both can be a very good training environment to prepare for interviewing for P1.  SC provides a better environment for English training and more activity style while KV is stronger on traditional teaching with focuses on Chinese and Math.  

So it really depends what sort of "good" primary schools you will be targeting and so which of these two can provide a background which they would like more.

原帖由 Claralai 於 09-12-9 10:20 發表
Iantsang, I'm so appreciated with your valuable comment and advise on choosing kindergarten.  May I seek for your advise that my son got the offer of Kentville and St. Catherine, as a boy, which one i ...

176#
發表於 09-12-9 13:47 |只看該作者
Hi Ian,

Many thanks!

By the way, if we want to apply good primary schools like 英華 or DBS ,  how do you think the competitiveness of TT compared with 宣道?

Thanks for your help!

177#
發表於 09-12-9 13:53 |只看該作者
Dear Ian,

I like both 宣道 & TT.  TT has built up a stronger language enviroment (over 20 NET & 30 mandarin teachers as to share the resource of their primary shcool) but 宣道 just has NET for English class once per week <pls correct me if I am wrong>.  For KG, I prefer TT but 宣道 seems better primary than TT.  Do you have further comments on that? Mine is small boy 0710 and my target primary is "Yau Tin". thanks

原帖由 iantsang 於 09-12-9 10:15 發表
Hi LongLongapr407,

In that case, TT may be a better choice to secure a seat in their primary, since their primary tuition is so high, not many children will eventually continue to study in their prim ...

178#
發表於 09-12-9 14:24 |只看該作者
Ian, thanks for your reply!  Between KV & SC, which one is more primary schools preferable?
My target primary school will be DB, 英華, 蔡繼有, 華仁, 宣道....

Thanks!

179#
發表於 09-12-9 15:07 |只看該作者
Hi Ian, I occasionally visited this thread and appreciated so much that you are so great in organizing your kid's education and sharing the information of this kind to us.  It took me for long finishing all of your conversation under this subject (I will visit your blog sooner or later)

May I take this opportunity asking your expert advice, as follows:

my son is a super small bb in 2007 (late Dec 2007), he is well-disciplined and good in following instruction, yet he doesn't speak very good right now (mainly in English).  I have applied 10 some Kinders for him this year as I did not have a clear direction as you before (but seems to have right now).  Eventually, he got an offer from SC(international stream) and is pending the results from HKPS(Ascot)(also international stream) and KM.  How do you weigh between SC and HKPS basing on his age and character?

or is it good for me to re-apply K1 to KV for him next year (as KV doesn't invite K2 application)

I want him to study the local primary schools and target those farmous (DDS/privates) as others do.

btw, I am trying to let him have the 'Chinese' environment sooner as my targetted education path for his is local-stream.

Thanks advance!!!

180#
發表於 09-12-9 15:19 |只看該作者

回覆 13# iantsang 的文章

Hi Ian,

I have only applied 3KGs for my daughter.  She is born end of Oct 2007, which is a small baby.  Not competitive at all.
She speaks very little but very active.  She only get offer from Creative.  I am living in Taipo.  Since the birth rate is substantially hugh for 2007 babies, thus I assume P1 will be another round of competition.  If my girl cannot get in a good traditional school, I will then consider an IB or international school.  I am now living in Taipo and will have no plan to move, so if my girl need to stay in an IB primary school, Kln side seems to be more convenient for me.  That's why I am thinking of Creative cos Creative primary is in Kln and Victoria is in Aberdeen.  Maybe I am just thinking too much.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題