用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 全新2013-14一條龍幼稚園->小學->中學名單 ...
樓主: iantsang
go

全新2013-14一條龍幼稚園->小學->中學名單    

發表於 10-5-22 22:49 |顯示全部帖子
Hi Ian,

想請教下你點評價民生書院幼稚園

唔知你對其小學部有無認識,程度如何

謝謝你

醒目開學勳章

發表於 10-5-23 00:19 |顯示全部帖子
Hi B.BB,

Replied you on your thread already but just to remind other parents again.

Not all Munsang's kindergarten students can be offered seats in their primary section, heard it is around 70% with offers only by end of K2, beginning of K3.  So, better be prepared if need to look for other primary schools just in case.

Ian

原帖由 B.BB 於 10-5-22 22:49 發表
Hi Ian,

想請教下你點評價民生書院幼稚園

唔知你對其小學部有無認識,程度如何

謝謝你

發表於 10-5-25 17:19 |顯示全部帖子
Hi Ian,

I want you to give me some suggestions.
my son is 0711 which is a small boy. We have been accepted by SC, St. nicholas, York, etc. and we planned to sent him to SC. (KV is waiting list only but I will reapply in the coming year, to repeat K1 as I love their disciplinary training, but honestly, my son's character fits the teaching in SC) Do you think it's silly to repeat K1?

my primary school is am session yaumeti catholic primary school (Hoi Wan street, the new campus) and my son will have 25 points in the system in applying P1. I think if the system not change, he has very high possibility in getting in YCPS. Do you think so?

we will also apply some DSS and private one in applying P1. Which DSS and private primary school will you recommend for me? my son is a bit active and "not willing to sit on a chair for a long period".

Thanks in advance.

醒目開學勳章

發表於 10-5-26 00:15 |顯示全部帖子
Hi aidenma,

I think you can just go ahead with SC first for K1.  Based on what you said, seems like SC is still more suitable for your son now.  However, some children would change during their kindergarten year so you can just apply KV for K1 or even K2 the next year and decide later.  It is too soon to tell whether it is needed to repeat.  Basically I would say no need to repeat unless it is really necessary and I don't see a huge need here.

I think in your case he should be pretty safe to get into Yaumatei Catholic.

Since both of mine are girls, I don't claim myself to be an expert for boys' or co-ed schools since I spent most of my time on researching girls' schools.  Also, it is a bit hard to think which schools are more suitable based on your description since I think a lot of boys are like that too!  So, may be you can take some time to observe him in the coming year and then decide later.  I guess I will still be around here next year and so.  

Ian

原帖由 aidenma 於 10-5-25 17:19 發表
Hi Ian,

I want you to give me some suggestions.
my son is 0711 which is a small boy. We have been accepted by SC, St. nicholas, York, etc. and we planned to sent him to SC. (KV is waiting list only  ...

發表於 10-5-26 16:55 |顯示全部帖子
Dear Ian,

Thanks for your prompt reply and suggestions. Will ask you later. thanks again.

Aiden ma

發表於 10-5-29 11:08 |顯示全部帖子
Hi Ian,

想問香港民生幼稚園是否一條龍, 同埋可否GIVE COMMENT THX!!!!!!!!!

醒目開學勳章

發表於 10-5-29 11:35 |顯示全部帖子
No, 民生 is not "guarantee" 一條龍.  Around two-third of the kindergarten can enter primary section.

Ian

原帖由 wcbaby 於 10-5-29 11:08 發表
Hi Ian,

想問香港民生幼稚園是否一條龍, 同埋可否GIVE COMMENT THX!!!!!!!!!

醒目開學勳章

發表於 10-6-1 23:04 |顯示全部帖子
how about spk

醒目開學勳章

發表於 10-6-1 23:26 |顯示全部帖子
SPK is also not guarantee, but the percentage is much higher compare to Munsang.  Majority of the girls can go to SPCS.  However, some students will not be offered P1 places with "unknown" (or undisclosed) reasons......

原帖由 bonnie_chan 於 10-6-1 23:04 發表
how about spk

發表於 10-6-2 14:02 |顯示全部帖子

Alliance KG

Hi Ian,

If my target is DSS and my daughter will study K1 in Alliance KG in coming Sep, how well are Alliance graduates admitted to DSS? What will you suggest my daughter to attend after school, academic class or interest group?

Thanks!

醒目開學勳章

發表於 10-6-2 15:36 |顯示全部帖子
Hi Siuko,

Have you visited the forum of Alliance kindergarten?

http://forum.edu-kingdom.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=456

They don't post the allocation result in their website so I also have no information about your question.

Ian

原帖由 SiuKo 於 10-6-2 14:02 發表
Hi Ian,

If my target is DSS and my daughter will study K1 in Alliance KG in coming Sep, how well are Alliance graduates admitted to DSS? What will you suggest my daughter to attend after school, acad ...

發表於 10-6-3 15:46 |顯示全部帖子
Hi Ian
Would like to seek your advice if Kentville is very 填鴨?? Means lots of homework and quite pushy in academic?? Do you have any info for that? Thanks.

醒目開學勳章

發表於 10-6-3 17:29 |顯示全部帖子
Actually I wouldn't consider Kentville's style as 填鴨.  At the end, it is still a kindergarten environment so they emphasize on better preparation on the children's academic standard than other kindergarten only.

It is still a lot of fun to attend Kentville and their parents' comments are usually good like children are quite "automatic" to handle their homework on daily basis.  They also have writing exercise and dictionary on a earlier stage compare to other kindergartens too.  So if you target more traditional style primary schools then Kentville would serve as a good preparation and better transition to them.

Ian

原帖由 spain 於 10-6-3 15:46 發表
Hi Ian
Would like to seek your advice if Kentville is very 填鴨?? Means lots of homework and quite pushy in academic?? Do you have any info for that? Thanks.

發表於 10-6-6 07:52 |顯示全部帖子
hello! thank you so much for your sharing.

I'm also facing a very big problem when choosing kinder for you girl.  She is Dec 07 BB.  I put her to an international kinder pn when she reached 2 and she will be promoted to K1 in this Aug.  

although she loved the kinder so much, I'm not going to arrange her for oversea education in future.  I hope she can admit to one-dragon school.  otherwise, I may move to wan chai or western central district so as to benefit from the central allocation. (I live in Shatin)

my questions:
1. apart from GH and PC, which good kinders have over 80% chance could be promoted to their one-dragon primary & secondary?
2. is it worth to move house to wan chai or western central district for the sake of school allocation? (I know shatin is not bad) i just worry that will my girl be allocated to a fair primary school in wan chai/ western central, coz i'm not familier with these districts.

may i have your suggestion?

醒目開學勳章

發表於 10-6-6 12:14 |顯示全部帖子
Hi namnamtang,

Are you considering repeating K1 already?  Since you mentioned your daughter is promoting to K1......

For question (1), just go back and read my first page of this post, I keep that note up-to-dated:
http://forum.edu-kingdom.com/viewthread.php?tid=2154056&page=1#pid32337346

It has the list of the schools there already.

For question (2), net 11 and 12 are good if you are not too aggressive.  The strategy of filling the allocation is never be too aggressive since you must understand the mechanism behind so fill in your first few choices very carefully.  If you can manage that, then won't be too disappointed.

Whether it is worth to do so, it depends on a lot of things.  Personally I would seek other ways but if you really have no better options, then it is a fairly good method.

Ian

原帖由 namnamtang 於 10-6-6 07:52 發表
hello! thank you so much for your sharing.

I'm also facing a very big problem when choosing kinder for you girl.  She is Dec 07 BB.  I put her to an international kinder pn when she reached 2 and she ...

發表於 10-6-8 21:30 |顯示全部帖子
My twins daughter are admitted to 聖羅撒幼稚園 and 香港真光中學幼稚園 K1 PM class.  I don't know how to choose.  May you give me some suggestion.

Thanks a lot.

醒目開學勳章

發表於 10-6-8 22:38 |顯示全部帖子
Where do you live?  I assume you have am offers for St. Rose of Lima's.

For the concept of through-train, certainly True Light provides guarantee to their private primary section so no need to look for primary schools.

However, if you like St. Rose of Lima's more, and if you live in net 34 (or have points for allocation), then St. Rose of Lima's would be a good choice.  Although it is not guarantee to admit to their primary section, but if you have higher chance to be admitted, plus being their kinder students may give you some advantage to knock door later.

Ian

原帖由 YauYinYin 於 10-6-8 21:30 發表
My twins daughter are admitted to 聖羅撒幼稚園 and 香港真光中學幼稚園 K1 PM class.  I don't know how to choose.  May you give me some suggestion.

Thanks a lot.

發表於 10-6-9 14:04 |顯示全部帖子
Thanks a lot for your advice.

The offer from St Rose of Lima’s is PM class.
My daughters have only 15 points and so may not be easy to be admitted in the first round.

I’m now living in Tseung Kwan O.
Actually, I’m now considering to move out from TKO.
One of the consideration is which KG my daughters will study.
If they study at St Rose Lima, I will move to the region 34.
On the other hand, if they study at True Light, I will move to region 11.
Do you think which region (34 or 11) is better – in terms of the primary school and also the chance of admission into a good primary.

Regarding the St Rose Lima and True Light, which one is better – in terms of its academic standard, the quality of their teacher and its teaching method, etc?

Sorry for so many questions, but I believe it’s very important to make a right choice.

Cheers,
Anthony

醒目開學勳章

發表於 10-6-12 02:30 |顯示全部帖子
In that case, TL should be the choice.  By the way, which TL kindergarten you are referring to?  Caine Road or Tai Hang?  I thought you are referring to Tai Hang one based on the Chinese name you provided but why move to net 11?  (Tai Hang is net 12, but TL primary is private school so it is not related).

For girls, net 12 is the best choice for allocation.

Ian

原帖由 YauYinYin 於 10-6-9 14:04 發表
Thanks a lot for your advice.

The offer from St Rose of Lima’s is PM class.
My daughters have only 15 points and so may not be easy to be admitted in the first round.

I’m now living in Tseu ...

發表於 10-6-20 21:01 |顯示全部帖子
Any suggestion for K1 of my girl in HK East?