用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 全新2013-14一條龍幼稚園->小學->中學名單 ...
樓主: iantsang
go

全新2013-14一條龍幼稚園->小學->中學名單     [複製鏈接]

醒目開學勳章

361#
發表於 10-5-13 14:27 |只看該作者
原帖由 iantsang 於 10-5-12 15:04 發表
lsftsang,

Here's the list of schools in the areas you specified:

Kowloon West
Delia English Primary School & Kindergarten (地利亞英文小學http://das.baby-kingdom.com/www/delivery/avw.php?zoneid=37&ba ...

But I was informed that 靈糧 & 張煊昌 have both kinder & primary in the Ma On Shan area.  But I don't find them in your list.  Anyway, thanks a lot.

[ 本帖最後由 lsftsang 於 10-5-13 14:32 編輯 ]

醒目開學勳章

362#
發表於 10-5-13 21:16 |只看該作者
Both of those primary schools you mentioned are gov't aided schools so the schools are not in a position to make any guarantee to their own kindergarten students.  So, it is not being considered as one-dragon kinder-primary.

This is why the list is focus purely on private and DSS primary schools.  They are the ones which control what students they want to accept.

Ian

原帖由 lsftsang 於 10-5-13 14:27 發表

But I was informed that 靈糧 & 張煊昌 have both kinder & primary in the Ma On Shan area.  But I don't find them in your list.  Anyway, thanks a lot.

醒目開學勳章

363#
發表於 10-5-14 11:29 |只看該作者
原帖由 iantsang 於 10-5-13 21:16 發表
Both of those primary schools you mentioned are gov't aided schools so the schools are not in a position to make any guarantee to their own kindergarten students.  So, it is not being considered as on ...

Thanks.  What about ESF? I know it has both kinder & primary in MOS and they are private schools.

醒目開學勳章

364#
發表於 10-5-14 11:54 |只看該作者
ESF are not under the jurisdiction of EDB so I didn't include them.  Also International schools are not included in the list, so ESF will fall into that category.

原帖由 lsftsang 於 10-5-14 11:29 發表

Thanks.  What about ESF? I know it has both kinder & primary in MOS and they are private schools.

醒目開學勳章

365#
發表於 10-5-14 16:15 |只看該作者
原帖由 iantsang 於 10-5-14 11:54 發表
ESF are not under the jurisdiction of EDB so I didn't include them.  Also International schools are not included in the list, so ESF will fall into that category.

I see.  Do you know much about ESF's selection preference to their primary schools and the number of percentage that their kinder students can get into? Thanks.

醒目開學勳章

366#
發表於 10-5-14 23:26 |只看該作者
ESF is outside of the discussion topic on this thread/ forum so please refer to their website for further details:

http://www.esf.edu.hk/

or visit the relevant forum for international schools:

http://forum.edu-kingdom.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=43

As far as I remember, there is a long list of priority in their selection and being their own kindergarten students is one of them but a relatively low priority one.

原帖由 lsftsang 於 10-5-14 16:15 發表

I see.  Do you know much about ESF's selection preference to their primary schools and the number of percentage that their kinder students can get into? Thanks.

[ 本帖最後由 iantsang 於 10-5-14 23:27 編輯 ]

367#
發表於 10-5-14 23:51 |只看該作者
Hi Iantsang,

I am living in the Kln side, how will you choose among SPK (PM) & GH (AM)?

How do you allocate your daugther time? Do you put her in other extra curriculum with the academic standard in one-dragon kinder is a bit lower than those kinders in Kln Tong?

Pls share.

醒目開學勳章

368#
發表於 10-5-15 00:51 |只看該作者
HI 6321,

Can you give me more info which you consider important for me to provide advices to you?  I am sorry to be too detail since my belief is there are no perfect schools for everyone so it must be considered more carefully.  This is our own children's future we are talking about here!  Especially you have both very good choices to have now.  Just for the record though, I don't like either one personally, haha!  Do you have a third choice?

For my case, I don't feel the academic level at SHCK to be particularly low.  Of course, if you compare its curriculum to the Kowloon Tong kinder, they are different since those kinder don't accept voucher and have the resources and flexibility to add more heavy loading.  However, if more is better?  I guess I would leave this to other education expert to discuss this matter.  In our case, I find it just right here at SHCK and I am very happy with our choice.  No extra classes are really needed and we have the flexibility to let my daughter learning just one or two things she find interested.  We aimed at SHCSPS so there are really no needs to take more classes.

Just a quick comparison for SPK and GH, SPK's curriculum is considered relatively easy.  The true believer of this program is that it brings students to be interested in learning in a relax and enjoyable environment.  So, parents can arrange outside classes to supplement it.  For the case of GH, it is a new program so it will be hard to comment.  However, since they don't accept voucher so I can only guess likely they will have NET teachers to teach English and/ or PTH.  Probably will have something more close to Kowloon Tong kinder style.

Ian

原帖由 6321 於 10-5-14 23:51 發表
Hi Iantsang,

I am living in the Kln side, how will you choose among SPK (PM) & GH (AM)?

How do you allocate your daugther time? Do you put her in other extra curriculum with the academic standard  ...

[ 本帖最後由 iantsang 於 10-5-15 00:57 編輯 ]

369#
發表於 10-5-15 23:01 |只看該作者
Hi Iantsang,

The third choice is the kln tong kinder she studies now but people always tell me I need to stuggle P1 again soon if I don't go for 1 dragon link school.

What I know abt GH & SPK are their primary are both famous, and SPC sounds more famous comparatively.

My hope is kid can go to a school with good language foundation esp english.
But I don't plan for int'l school coz it is overbudget.

Btw, what do you think about St Mary & Maryknoll? What is the diff among all four per your knowledge?

And will the chance for "knock door" to SMC & Maryknoll be lower if studies in SPK or GH?

370#
發表於 10-5-15 23:02 |只看該作者
Btw, why don't you like SPK & GH?

醒目開學勳章

371#
發表於 10-5-15 23:19 |只看該作者
I don't wanna get into the details as I have said this so many times in bk and this is totally personal.

To make it less controversial, I don't agree a Catholic secondary school should ever be run under the direct subsidized scheme.  It simply contradict the education philosophy of Catholic.  And both St. Paul's Convent and Good Hope are the rare few which done so.

原帖由 6321 於 10-5-15 23:02 發表
Btw, why don't you like SPK & GH?

372#
發表於 10-5-15 23:22 |只看該作者
iantsang, I know what I mean & therefore, I heard Canossian group school never change to DSS.

Btw, what do you think about St Mary & Maryknoll? What is the diff among all four per your knowledge?

And will the chance for "knock door" to SMC & Maryknoll be lower if studies in SPK or GH?

醒目開學勳章

373#
發表於 10-5-15 23:26 |只看該作者
All four schools belongs to different Catholic groups so their styles are all different.  Particularly, St. Mary's is going through the transition from linked to one-dragon so a lot of things will be new and no ones know what will really happen.  They are the first Band 1 school to ever choose(or I should say pushed by her lovely old grl, Mrs. Law) to change to one-dragon.

I don't see how choosing between SPK and GH will be relevant to your door knocking at St. Mary's nor Maryknoll.  I think better luck would be more useful here?

So, I have heard some popular school names but I still haven't heard your criteria on choosing a school.  Have you got any chances to think of that?

Ian

原帖由 6321 於 10-5-15 23:01 發表
Hi Iantsang,

The third choice is the kln tong kinder she studies now but people always tell me I need to stuggle P1 again soon if I don't go for 1 dragon link school.

What I know abt GH & SPK are t ...

醒目開學勳章

374#
發表於 10-5-15 23:30 |只看該作者
Hi 6321,

You are so quick (or I am too slow) so I have sent another reply to you.

Just be frank, I wouldn't wanna say too much to compare these 4 schools as it will cause some people to feel unhappy of my subjective comments.  I would be more than happy to give you a suggestion if you can tell me what you concerns or what you would like to have.

Please understand "freedom of speech" doesn't always happen in bk!  haha!

Ian

原帖由 6321 於 10-5-15 23:22 發表
iantsang, I know what I mean & therefore, I heard Canossian group school never change to DSS.

醒目開學勳章

375#
發表於 10-5-15 23:32 |只看該作者
btw, not just Canossians but others won't do so too.

For your information, only 3 Catholic schools in the entire HK are DSS.  Only 3......

原帖由 6321 於 10-5-15 23:22 發表

376#
發表於 10-5-16 00:02 |只看該作者
oh.. only 3?? I can hardly think of the 3rd one. Pls give me some hints.

At the moment, I didn't have any specify criteria but I only think of my daughter will be suffered by long travel daily & PM class. Seems like GH is better in this aspects but on the other hand, all ppls said SPK is better for long term.

Frankly speaking, I like St Mary most but I feel hard to get in coz not many marks under lucky draw scheme so seems the other two are safer.

Btw, just preparing the school list for my little boy now. just found being a HK mum today is not easy & I am sure your wife will be happy to have husband like you who will prepare for the daughters.

醒目開學勳章

377#
發表於 10-5-16 00:13 |只看該作者
Hi 6321,

Oh sorry, I just look up the list again, there are six of them!  There's a relatively new Caritas school in Lantau island, Good Hope and TakSun (which used to be under same organization but changed hand already), St. Paul's Convent and two St. Margaret's (if I remember correctly these two St. Margaret's are private schools in the past anyway, before there were DSS).

Well, it is better to think of something more specific as soon as possible!  It is not good to use criteria like locations and such for selections since if you understand the HK education system deeper, then you will regret you ignore some more important facts to make a choice for your children.

Where exactly you live anyway?  Are you in net 31?  If so, then even low marks can still try St. Mary's.  However, please tell me why you like St. Mary's or you just feel (or heard) it is good?  (There are plenty of good schools in HK, hehe)

But if you give me the four you mentioned, I guess I would prefer St. Mary's too, may be I am a believer of Canossians!  (Sacred Heart is still the one I like the most, out of all schools in HK)

原帖由 6321 於 10-5-16 00:02 發表
oh.. only 3?? I can hardly think of the 3rd one. Pls give me some hints.

At the moment, I didn't have any specify criteria but I only think of my daughter will be suffered by long travel daily & PM  ...

[ 本帖最後由 iantsang 於 10-5-16 00:15 編輯 ]

378#
發表於 10-5-16 15:22 |只看該作者
I graduated from canossian group schools (secondary but not primary & therefore, no adv on applying P1 for my daughter now). I still think canossian group is very good & among them, St Mary should be the top in Kln side (I won't choose those in hk islands coz I have no plan to move there).

In choosing school, I prefer schools are catholics & focus on all round development more than academics. Expect good english environment but not too pushy on other subjects. haha..

醒目開學勳章

379#
發表於 10-5-16 23:36 |只看該作者
So I guess the old time St. Mary's won't fit your expectation either, right?  It is incredibly pushy (so as others Canossians schools in the old time).

However, in a sense I have felt Canossians have adjusted their teaching methods to allow wider diversification of their students which I appreciate.  Academic result are not everything and I believe it is so crystal clear already.

Frankly, I guess neither Good Hope nor St. Paul's Convent is your cup of tea so now the question is whether either one of their kindergartens is less deviated from your expectation.

Sometimes don't limit your own options.  Not living in HK island doesn't necessarily mean you cannot choose a school in HK island.  Crossing the harbour is so convenient nowadays.  Of course it is totally up to your own judgement.

Will GH has any briefing to the parents before school start?  It is so new that I do expect it will take them a year or two to settle so may be SPK is a safer choice, unless you live physically close to GH.  SPK has school bus services to part of Kowloon and a lot of time, travel time will still be long even within same side of the island.  That explains why my daughter is going to kindergarten across the harbour.  It actually takes lesser time to reach it compare to Kowloon Tong.

原帖由 6321 於 10-5-16 15:22 發表
I graduated from canossian group schools (secondary but not primary & therefore, no adv on applying P1 for my daughter now). I still think canossian group is very good & among them, St Mary should be  ...

醒目開學勳章

380#
發表於 10-5-21 12:34 |只看該作者

Updated: 2010-05-21

Following updates have been made:

1. Number of Government Aided primary schools changed from 457 to 446.

2. Number of Government primary schools changed from 36 to 34.

3. Good Hope School has been added in guarantee admission section for their own kindergarten students

4. St. Clare's Primary school has been added to guarantee admission section

5. Our Lady's Primary School has been removed from guarantee admission section since starting in 2010 P1 admission, own kindergarten's students also require interviews.

6. Task Tsin has been removed since its primary section will cease admission in coming year.

Following is the link of the original document:

http://forum.edu-kingdom.com/vie ... ;page=1#pid32337346

Ian
‹ 上一主題|下一主題