用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 全新2013-14一條龍幼稚園->小學->中學名單 ...
樓主: iantsang
go

全新2013-14一條龍幼稚園->小學->中學名單     [複製鏈接]

281#
發表於 10-2-21 17:17 |只看該作者
Only SHCS (pm) needs to change to whole day session? No need for private session?  

Then how can they share the campus.  I am just afraid no more govt aid or the campus location is changed.

醒目開學勳章

282#
發表於 10-2-21 17:24 |只看該作者
SHCS(pm) needs to be changed because it is gov't aided mar!  So it must follow the policy by the EdB as it needs all gov't or gov't aided primary to change to whole day session.

That means SHCS(pm) will be moved to a new campus but they couldn't confirm on places proposed before so the move is still pending.  SHCSPS will likely to stay as the current location is self-owned.

原帖由 Tofyma 於 10-2-21 17:17 發表
Only SHCS (pm) needs to change to whole day session? No need for private session?  

Then how can they share the campus.  I am just afraid no more govt aid or the campus location is changed.

283#
發表於 10-2-21 18:09 |只看該作者
ic. thx so much Ian

Though it's too early for me to think about P1,  still hope its policy of acceptance from K3 to P1 would not be changed and the new location can be nearby la. Then my happiness of this month can be continued!

原帖由 iantsang 於 10-2-21 17:24 發表
SHCS(pm) needs to be changed because it is gov't aided mar!  So it must follow the policy by the EdB as it needs all gov't or gov't aided primary to change to whole day session.

That means SHCS(pm) w ...

醒目開學勳章

284#
發表於 10-2-21 18:53 |只看該作者
Your daughter is being accepted to SHCK lately?  Congratulations to you first and no need to worries too much now!

原帖由 Tofyma 於 10-2-21 18:09 發表
ic. thx so much Ian

Though it's too early for me to think about P1,  still hope its policy of acceptance from K3 to P1 would not be changed and the new location can be nearby la. Then my happiness of ...

285#
發表於 10-2-22 02:38 |只看該作者
Hi Ian,

你好, 可否解答一下...

1) SHCK小朋友可直升SHCSPS, 對嗎?  但我見SHCSPS小一只有約90人, 而SHCK上下午班共有180人, so how they can absorb all the kids?
2) 如小朋友K3時留了私立部位, 是否不能參加大抽獎?

謝謝你..

286#
發表於 10-2-22 02:49 |只看該作者

THANKS A LOT

醒目開學勳章

287#
發表於 10-2-22 13:04 |只看該作者
From the posts I read so far, for question (1), it is because some SHCK girls will go to SHCS (pm) and some will have other options thru allocation or lottery so SHCSPS can have enough capacity for those who are interested in it.

For question (2), it varies year by year and the decision is made by SHCSPS.  In the past, it won't allow lottery if reserved the place but seems last year they do allow it.  But don't count on it.

原帖由 幸福女子 於 10-2-22 02:38 發表
Hi Ian,

你好, 可否解答一下...

1) SHCK小朋友可直升SHCSPS, 對嗎?  但我見SHCSPS小一只有約90人, 而SHCK上下午班共有180人, so how they can absorb all the kids?
2) 如小朋友K3時留了私立部位, 是否不能參加大 ...

288#
發表於 10-2-22 13:38 |只看該作者
Thank you Ian..

289#
發表於 10-2-22 20:23 |只看該作者
Dear Ian,
Any idea on the choice between MS and SKH(Central)? MS is a safe option but SKH may articulate to prestigous primary schools. My girl is a Dec 07 super small girl, we are living in Kowloon but we can move to HK Island if we choose SKH. Do you have any idea of the P1 allocation result of SKH students (in terms of number of student to be paired in each school)?

Also, do you know any mainstream primary school with English as the teaching medium?

Many thanks

醒目開學勳章

290#
發表於 10-2-22 20:43 |只看該作者
Dear frogma,

SKH's result hasn't been announced yet, right?  Or you are one of those privileged ones who are confirmed with a place already?  If so, then SKH would be a better choice.

I would say from my understanding, the students' background would be quite different on these two kindergartens.  Although you may think MS is a safer choice, but SKH is a kindergarten with solid history which will also be helpful when you look around for primary school 3 years later.  Quite depends on what background you would have with children studying there too.

For SKH's allocation result, you can refer to their website:

http://www.skhkg.edu.hk/c/?page_id=334

Concerning English primary schools, you can also obtain the list by searching from the primary school profiles by EdB:

http://chsc.edb.hkedcity.net/primary/index.php?lang=c

There are 43 schools listed there and for girls there are schools likes: Marymount, Maryknoll, DGS, St. Clare's, St. Paul's Convent, etc.

Ian

原帖由 frogma 於 10-2-22 20:23 發表
Dear Ian,
Any idea on the choice between MS and SKH(Central)? MS is a safe option but SKH may articulate to prestigous primary schools. My girl is a Dec 07 super small girl, we are living in Kowloon b ...

291#
發表於 10-2-23 23:51 |只看該作者
Dear Ian,
Thank you for your advice. I "think" my girl are very likely get SKH offer because the interviewer liked my girl a lot during the interview.

Could you please be more specific about the student background of these 2 kindergartens as mentioned in your previous message?

I think it is very important for kindergarten children to build up a solid foundation of English, Chinese, and Math; in addition to the moral education. If these factors are my primarily criteria in selecting either MS or SKH, what will be your advice?

Many thanks for your advice.

醒目開學勳章

292#
發表於 10-2-24 16:10 |只看該作者
Dear frogma,

It's just my personal observation that I would feel portion of admitted SKH students may have gained entrance thru people's network, so I would feel this is something to consider.  Certainly I don't mean everyone would have background but consider the smaller number of students they admitted so this "small" portion would still be significant.

Concerning contents of their program, since I never consider both of these kindergartens myself, so I didn't research in such details if they can cover every perspective as comprehensive as you desire.  But in reality, it would be difficult for any kindergartens to balance well on all you mentioned.

Ian

原帖由 frogma 於 10-2-23 23:51 發表
Dear Ian,
Thank you for your advice. I "think" my girl are very likely get SKH offer because the interviewer liked my girl a lot during the interview.

Could you please be more specific about the stu ...

293#
發表於 10-2-24 16:56 |只看該作者
Hi Ian,

I have PM you for my enquiry - would really appreciated if you could help to share with your thoughts.

Many thanks!  

醒目開學勳章

294#
發表於 10-2-25 02:25 |只看該作者
Replied your PM, please check.

Ian

原帖由 bebelee 於 10-2-24 16:56 發表
Hi Ian,

I have PM you for my enquiry - would really appreciated if you could help to share with your thoughts.

Many thanks!  

295#
發表於 10-2-25 11:00 |只看該作者
Hi Ian,

Do you have any advice on the choice of kindergartens and primary schools in Tseung Kwan O? We've just moved here and found that the schools here are quite .... worrying.

We do not aim at Lucky Draw .... in fact we opt for DSS or private schools, but not ESF or any English schools. Do  you have any suggestions?

296#
發表於 10-2-25 11:46 |只看該作者
Many many thanks, Ian - this is really helpful.  Just reply to you for few things

原帖由 iantsang 於 10-2-25 02:25 發表
Replied your PM, please check.

Ian

醒目開學勳章

297#
發表於 10-2-26 11:42 |只看該作者
Hi siulamxx,

I am not familiar with kindergartens in TKO but I know Learning Habitat will have a new campus starting this year.  Although I personally do not like its method since I target more traditional style primary school, it seems to have many students attending DSS primary so may be you can consider it too.

Ian

原帖由 siulamxx 於 10-2-25 11:00 發表
Hi Ian,

Do you have any advice on the choice of kindergartens and primary schools in Tseung Kwan O? We've just moved here and found that the schools here are quite .... worrying.

We do not aim at L ...

298#
發表於 10-3-3 15:00 |只看該作者

回覆 1# iantsang 的文章

Hi Ian

Thank you for your useful information.

My son is born 12 2007 and currently is studying Nursery (not famous intake on 01 2010).  I know that most of kindergartens are not accepted my application for K1 (2010/2011).  Therefore, please advise whether I should repeat Nursery in another famous kindergarten (2010/2011) or I should continue to study K1 in currently kindergarten (2010/2011).   

Besides, do you have any comment for "St. Paul's Day Nursery(Causeway Bay) v LINGNAN DAY NURSERY.

Thanks a lot!
Will Will

醒目開學勳章

299#
發表於 10-3-4 12:50 |只看該作者
Hi alfiechan,

Have you missed the deadline to apply K1 for 2010/11 that's why you said most kindergartens not accepting your applications, or he has applied and interviewed but haven't got any acceptance yet?

I don't see any particular reasons that you must repeat pre-nursery in order for next year's application.  The exception is if you find your son's progress is not satisfactory in pre-nursery and you wanna repeat.  But even so, I doubt you will still have many options available for nurseries which still open for admission.

You will have two options next year if you have no other choices but to stay with current kindergarten for K1: (1) Re-apply K1 for "famous" kindergartens (more importantly one which is suitable for your son) or (2) Apply K2 for your target kindergartens.

You asked about St. Paul's Nursery vs. Lingnam.  Obviously St. Paul's Nursery's deadline is coming Saturday for application so I assume that's the reason you are interested?  But the competition will be high for this nursery but it is indeed a very good nursery.  On the other hand, Lingnam is more activity style which have higher teacher-students ratio.  But certainly a happy nursery.

Ian

原帖由 alfiechan 於 10-3-3 15:00 發表
Hi Ian

Thank you for your useful information.

My son is born 12 2007 and currently is studying Nursery (not famous intake on 01 2010).  I know that most of kindergartens are not accepted my applicat ...

300#
發表於 10-3-5 16:06 |只看該作者

回覆 299# iantsang 的文章

Hi Ian

Thank you for your information.

In my knowledge, I know the famous kindergartens are not accepted the youngest kids.  Therefore, I do not apply K1 for last year.  

Besides, I live in Hong Kong Island and my son is not a smart boy.  Please could you recommend some kindergartens for my son.

Thanks and regards
Angela
‹ 上一主題|下一主題