用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 小一選校 有無家長參觀了"St Pau Co-ed"簡介會 ...
查看: 2085|回覆: 38
go

有無家長參觀了"St Pau Co-ed"簡介會

發表於 09-9-9 10:31 |顯示全部帖子
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

發表於 09-9-9 14:23 |顯示全部帖子
I got there around 5:15pm and the assembly hall was packed already so we were instructed to stay in another room which I believe was a canteen, to watch the live broadcast of the briefing session on a projector screen.  

The principal started the briefing by showing us a newly shot DVD about the school's recent development.  Then she talked about the application and interview procedures.  This was followed by FC(Financial Controller) talking about the fee remission scheme, and Q & A.

I boarded the first shuttle bus to leave but unfortunately got stuck at the round about just outside the school.  The road was packed with cars on both sides of the road.  And I think one of the lorry driver left his lorry in the middle of the road as he couldn't find a spot to leave his vehicle.  After waiting for 10 minutes, I called police to sort out the situation. But that's not the end of the story.  The police arrived at about ten minutes later and at that moment I could see the lorry driver arguing with the police officer..blah blah blah..

發表於 09-9-9 14:59 |顯示全部帖子

發表於 09-9-9 15:11 |顯示全部帖子

發表於 09-9-9 15:38 |顯示全部帖子
There were few ladies got off the shuttle bus and headed for public transport as soon as they had realized that we would be stuck for a while. I wish I had done the same, otherwise I wouldn't have waited for half an hour... Sometimes ladies are smarter than men, I tell you.  
But when our shuttle bus drove past the stop just before the toll-gate, I saw a huge crowd waiting to get on the bus...Then, I said to myself: thank god I did'nt get off the shuttle bus.

I think if the parents didn't park their cars in the congested area, the incident wouldn't have happened.

發表於 09-9-9 16:27 |顯示全部帖子
No Big Deal and Not really happy experience!!
The principal Ms Lee answer some questions very trickly:
1/ One parent ask for IB. She answer that student at F3 will not need to compet for IB position (IB start at F4). However, the student will be advised to choose 334 or IB by school. She also admit that SPCC is a DSS, that mean only 50% student can seat for IB and 50% goes for 334.  However, she insist there will be not assessment or competition for IB post at F4.
If all of us are clever enough, it is not possible to let all the students wishing for IB goes for IB program in F4 (assume over 50% students finally decide to go for IB , even tough some of them are advised by school not to apply IB). The principal 's answer is tricky

2/ One parent ask if the homework is heavy in SPCC as a whole. Again, Principal answer it very skillfully. She said in first half year of G1 life, there is no test of exam. She is proud to say what she stress is the happy school life! Oh my god, what we want to know is as a whole for coming 12 years. She just misleading the direction to the 1st half yr. Actually, everyone knows SPCC is the very famous school in the sense of pushing, pushing and pushing the academic results. I know that every student inside is assigned a file. The use of that file is to record the no. of prize the student get in the competition inside and outside the school. The answer given is tricky and misleading.

The feeelings after the talk:
1/ SPSS is a DSS only. The power is not from the teacher but comes from the parents. SPCC is a place who tries to gather those parents who like to push, pressure their child to get the academic excellence but not education.
2/ I believe SPCC can produce examination expert because the school's theme aim meet the requirment of parents: => Pushing, Squeezing the children mind, soul to get excellent results via competition.
3/ The teachers' qualification is not differnet from other DSS. It is important but the principal did not mention. She tries to establish the image of SPCC as a very top school in HK
4/ I really don't like the attitude of that 2 ladies/principals. I have attended the briefing sessions in these two yrs. These two ladies were so proud of leading this school so "successfully". During the briefing sessions in 2008 and 2009, they always ask the parents to listen carefully the so-called requirement they want during the interview. " You 'll not know what I am looking for during the play time" ; "I want the student should be like this, smile, smart...so on so on"; "Remember la , I'll choose only 200 children out of so many application during 5-minute interview" ..... One thing I need to stress is that The AIM of Briefing seesion is (1) to introduce the school to parents so that the parents can consider whether this school is suitable to the kid or not. (2) I don't want to know the "tips" of interview. I want to asses this school is qualified to suit my kid or not. (3) You, as the principal, should talk more the real life of student inside. Don't avoid to answer the question like the homework load, the IB curriculum, which are the most importment part we want to know. (4) Remember, going to a school to study is a very important issue to a child's life. Please respect the children and parents. They are not beggars. The admission process is BIDIRECTIONAL. You can turn down the child's application. On the other hand, we can also turn down your invitation to admission even the child pass the assessment. ( I've heard some student finally leave the school as they had been squeezed by school for few years to go for competition, assessment). SPCC is not an excellent schools in someone mind...too demanding, always ask the student to go out for competition, always think they are nearly the best school ...at least the principal is not humble enough.

These are what I would like to say. After thoroughful consideration (I had attended the briefing sessions for 2 yrs and I had friends' children studying there), I decide this school is not suitable, actually not healthy to my kid , and I would not apply it.

發表於 09-9-9 16:50 |顯示全部帖子
A parent was asking the principal questions in english, but I don't think she answered very well.... She replied something like "We use both streams, he can choose".  I didn't know what the question was about as I had just come back from toilet, but the response from the principal seemed uncomprehensive.  May be she wasn't too comfortable with english?

發表於 09-9-9 16:58 |顯示全部帖子
The question the parent ask is " my kid 's spoken chinese is not so good, will this jeopardize his chance of application?"
Definitely, the principal is not "prepared" to answer in English in the briefings session. Therefore, her english response is so "funny"
This is the real life inside the SPCC.

發表於 09-9-9 17:08 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 ha8mo 於 09-9-9 14:59 發表
我見到報紙報導覺得幾好笑:

……
面試時,校方多會提問小朋友日常生活的問題,只要他們對答自然便可,毋須刻意背答案,過分緊張反會弄巧反拙。

她舉例稱,過去有學生表示自己去海洋公園玩耍,但說不出公園裏有什麼看、有什麼玩; ...

笑咗…
即係有既定答案啦,始終不離傳統框框。邊個話去公園唔可以游水架?咁多個公園都有泳池…
抑或在下理解錯誤呢?望高人指教﹗

發表於 09-9-9 17:14 |顯示全部帖子
這類刻意被包裝過的簡介會, 其實對了解該學校, 亳無幫助, 純粹像參觀樓盤一樣, 每人派份精美簡介, 看看其校舍建築設計, 所處位置環境等等, 連學生都放晒學, 要真正了解該校, 都是要問學生家長,以及看其平日行為表現等

發表於 09-9-9 17:31 |顯示全部帖子
有個不知所謂坐最前既男人話他的太太會遲埋份工添! 使唔使呀?

發表於 09-9-9 20:30 |顯示全部帖子
係哦, 好多公園都有泳池, 點解唔可以去公園游水呢?  

原帖由 fongyuen 於 09-9-9 17:08 發表

笑咗…
即係有既定答案啦,始終不離傳統框框。邊個話去公園唔可以游水架?咁多個公園都有泳池…
抑或在下理解錯誤呢?望高人指教﹗

發表於 09-9-9 21:34 |顯示全部帖子
幾年前我有位同事個女考 spcc, interview 時對方問佢如果學校收左你個女, 你會唔會做全職媽媽去 support 佢.  結果我位同事真係轉做全職媽媽, 個女亦入了 SPCC.

呢D名校好鍾意收果D有高學歷又肯做全職媽媽既小朋友.

原帖由 Yolinda 於 09-9-9 17:31 發表
有個不知所謂坐最前既男人話他的太太會遲埋份工添! 使唔使呀?
我時刻都記掛著我那未能來到世上的bb, 他永遠在我心裡某個角落.

發表於 09-9-9 22:30 |顯示全部帖子
想小朋友有好成績, 有個高學歷又全心全意仲全職既媽媽輔導梗係好d架啦.

原帖由 Eclipse_2006 於 09-9-9 21:34 發表
幾年前我有位同事個女考 spcc, interview 時對方問佢如果學校收左你個女, 你會唔會做全職媽媽去 support 佢.  結果我位同事真係轉做全職媽媽, 個女亦入了 SPCC.

呢D名校好鍾意收果D有高學歷又肯做全職媽媽既小朋友. ...

發表於 09-9-10 07:03 |顯示全部帖子
但係亦都好多職業婦女d小朋友入到....係事實wor
原帖由 G-Ma 於 09-9-9 22:30 發表
想小朋友有好成績, 有個高學歷又全心全意仲全職既媽媽輔導梗係好d架啦.

發表於 09-9-10 07:20 |顯示全部帖子
我覺得間間都差唔多

原帖由 jollyma 於 09-9-9 17:14 發表
這類刻意被包裝過的簡介會, 其實對了解該學校, 亳無幫助, 純粹像參觀樓盤一樣, 每人派份精美簡介, 看看其校舍建築設計, 所處位置環境等等, 連學生都放晒學, 要真正了解該校, 都是要問學生家長,以及看其平日行為表現 ...

發表於 09-9-10 09:41 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 lin624 於 09-9-10 07:20 發表
我覺得間間都差唔多

我冇去聽簡介會,不過上星期六去了男拔,聽完,即刻打消申請念頭。

我的阿大、阿ニ讀的是cheap cheap私小,被小學校長叫了六年超鈍(校長早會會叫"dear 超鈍"),一樣成績出色。當我向他們說將來都會讓阿三讀那小學時,佢地都唔知幾開心。

我好喜歡吃東西,常去九記、生記、麥奀吃,cheap cheap 地,合我口味。

發表於 09-9-10 09:50 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 Gooddaddy 於 09-9-9 16:50 發表
A parent was asking the principal questions in english, but I don't think she answered very well.... She replied something like "We use both streams, he can choose".  I didn't know what the question w ...

In fact, the lady was asking what kind of medium the interview will conduct, English, Mandarin or Chinese as her kid doesn't speak well in Mandarin or Chinese.  The principal replied, we use "both"!  why both for 3?  and both means which 2?

[ 本帖最後由 bobomegan 於 09-9-10 09:55 編輯 ]

發表於 09-9-10 13:15 |顯示全部帖子
but the lady who asked that question was speaking Cantonese-English wor....not a native speaker...stranger....

What for?

原帖由 bobomegan 於 09-9-10 09:50 發表

In fact, the lady was asking what kind of medium the interview will conduct, English, Mandarin or Chinese as her kid doesn't speak well in Mandarin or Chinese.  The principal replied, we use "both"! ...

發表於 09-9-10 13:59 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 bobomegan 於 09-9-10 09:50 發表

In fact, the lady was asking what kind of medium the interview will conduct, English, Mandarin or Chinese as her kid doesn't speak well in Mandarin or Chinese.  The principal replied, we use "both"! ...

聽完個媽媽既提問, 再聽埋校長答佢, 我好"R"頭, 一個5星級既學府校長.....居然講得出呢d英文.....呢part真係有小小失望