go

高主教 (中學部) [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 09-11-29 22:59 |只看該作者
原帖由 norakyng 於 09-11-29 17:09 發表

Thanks !  It is quite good.  RC should be
band 1 top to band 1 mid if have 74.3% with
14 points or above for HKCEE.

It's really great to hear that!  Thanks Belle & Nora for updating!!
My lovely Chezkel is 6.5 yrs old la!!

22#
發表於 09-12-25 17:50 |只看該作者
Percentage of students with 14 points or more from the best 6 subjects : 74.3%
Percentage of subject entries with Grade A-C and Level 5*-4 : 52.7%
以上是2009年HKCEE的成績。
其實近二年公開試成績真是好好﹐我想他們行了一些對的政策。
最近聽完中學部講座。(只供小學部六年級家長聽)

23#
發表於 09-12-30 00:55 |只看該作者
原帖由 johnnyrotten 於 09-9-7 12:49 發表

In our old days when the Secondary Section was still a private school, almost every student could be promoted from the primary section.

O ...

You were incorrect that almost every student could be promoted from the primary section to the secondary school in the old days.

I was one of the guy who could not be promoted to RC secondary 25 years ago.  I remembered there were over half of the students in the class who could not be promoted to the secondary.

However, I am proud of being studied in the primary school of RC as all students in the old days were trained to be very smart.  Most of them can write and speak flawless English because RC provided a proper training to me when I was very little.   

This fudamental trainning in RC gave me a very strong background and support in my current career.

I have no idea on how the school performs right now.  What I can tell is that the students graduated from RC are all smart boys in the old days.

[ 本帖最後由 rickoricko 於 09-12-30 00:57 編輯 ]

24#
發表於 09-12-30 14:34 |只看該作者
原帖由 rickoricko 於 09-12-30 00:55 發表

You were incorrect that almost every student could be promoted from the primary section to the secondary school in the old days.

I was one of the guy who could not be promoted to RC secondary 25 ye ...

I refer 'old days' to the year before eighty's.  During mid of 1980s, there was a drastic drop in quality since RC could not have too much say when admitting S1 students.  A lot of students were Band 3 to 5 assigned by the Government.  Their behavior was scary!  I was told by my teacher when returning to Hong Kong.

Pleased to meet another old boy here.

[ 本帖最後由 johnnyrotten 於 09-12-30 15:03 編輯 ]

25#
發表於 09-12-30 15:05 |只看該作者
Hi johnnyrotten,

How's the status nowaday that you know?
Is there any big change on student quality?
Thanks for your helpful information.

原帖由 johnnyrotten 於 09-12-30 14:34 發表

I refer 'old days' to the year before eighty's.  During mid of 1980s, there was a drastic drop in quality since RC could not have too much say when admitting S1 students.  A lot of students were Ban ...

26#
發表於 09-12-30 16:41 |只看該作者
原帖由 johnnyrotten 於 09-12-30 14:34 發表

I refer 'old days' to the year before eighty's.  During mid of 1980s, there was a drastic drop in quality since RC could not have too much say when admitting S1 students.  A lot of students were Ban ...

Hi Glad to meet the oldie old "boy" here. Yes I could still remember the pressure of sitting for the Secondary School Entrance Exam then ( 70s) and I even took entrance exam of  a private school as insurance. I think by changing to subsidised school, the academic results did improve then by bringing in some bright guys though the top ones remain mainly "in-house" In my days, about 80-90% went to HKU or universities overseas studying EE, dental, architecture. The top guy at HKAL has 4A and best result at HKCEE was 8A out of 9 subjects. I didn't follow the results of RC until recently when I prepare for my kid's P1 application. I am amazed that RC has improved a lot in inter-school competition in the area of sports and music and I am glad that the 2009 HKCEE results was also quite good. The switch from boys school to co-ed is also, in my opinion, a brilliant decision. I think the school management is heading right direction. Kudos to them

27#
發表於 09-12-30 17:22 |只看該作者
原帖由 No.Three 於 09-12-30 15:05 發表
Hi johnnyrotten,

How's the status nowaday that you know?
Is there any big change on student quality?
Thanks for your helpful information.

Don't worry about the quality.  Just ask yourself what you would do if RC is not a EMI school.   Very likely, your answer applies to other parents.  Indeed, RC benefits a lot from the limited supply of EMI schools.  It can attract more brilliant students.

By the way, I have two nephews gradutating from RC in 2000s.   They've got 5As, 4As and either Bs or Cs for the rest at HKCE.

[ 本帖最後由 johnnyrotten 於 09-12-30 17:32 編輯 ]

28#
發表於 09-12-30 17:44 |只看該作者
原帖由 waiwaibaba 於 09-12-30 16:41 發表

Hi Glad to meet the oldie old "boy" here. Yes I could still remember the pressure of sitting for the Secondary School Entrance Exam then ( 70s) and I even took entrance exam of  a private school as  ...

I think I am the oldest boy here.

In our days, we didn't take the Secondary School Entrance Exam as the secondary section was still a private school.  It was difficult to get a 'C' at HKCE.  HKAL was not for human being at all!  Only 3 out of 20s in my class were admitted to the HKU or CU.  However, our two best guys snubbed the local University and went to CIT and Standford.

29#
發表於 09-12-31 11:43 |只看該作者
Haha, one of the two best guys were snubbed is you?  (just kidding)

Thank you so much for your info.

原帖由 johnnyrotten 於 09-12-30 17:44 發表

I think I am the oldest boy here.

In our days, we didn't take the Secondary School Entrance Exam as the secondary section was still a private school.  It was difficult to get a 'C' at HKCE.  HKAL w ...

30#
發表於 10-10-18 09:21 |只看該作者
I have just read the school report for 2009-2010. The 2010 HKCEE result, the % of studuent with 14 pts or above is 55.2% and % of grade A to C is 36.2%. As compare to 2009 result, the result is dropped.

What banding for RC?

31#
發表於 10-10-28 16:32 |只看該作者

Does living location matters ?

Just wonder if I live in NT, does it affect the recruitment % of my son ?

32#
發表於 11-6-18 22:50 |只看該作者
Sorry, I did hear too many comment from parent who really saw those RC secondary 's hugging girls in public and keep using bad words....

I guess RC Primary is a good school however Secondary .........??

Please advice if you have any relatives did study in RC secondary

33#
發表於 11-6-19 16:18 |只看該作者
What's the % of RC primary student going to RC secondary school?

34#
發表於 11-6-19 21:00 |只看該作者
有無家長可以答下?!

35#
發表於 11-6-22 20:02 |只看該作者

RC Secondary School Places Allocation Result 2010

Name of School

No. of Students

Allocated to government and aided schools mainly using English as medium of instruction, and direct subsidy scheme schools:
Raimondi College

St Paul’s College

King’s College

Pui Kiu Middle School

Queen’s College

DSS HKUGA College

St Stephen’s College

Diocesan Boys’ School

Evangel College

Hon Wah College

Kiangsu-Chekiang College

SKH Tang Shiu Kin Secondary School

St Paul’s Co-educational College

The Chinese Foundation Secondary School

YMCA of The Hong Kong Christian College

Total :

Allocated to Other Schools:
Aberdeen Technical School, Buddhist Wong Fung Ling College,

Confucius Hall Middle School, Lingnan Secondary School,
Lok Sin Tong Leung Kau Kui College, Man Kiu College,
Rosaryhill School, SKH Li Fook Hing Secondary School,
St Joan of Arc Secondary School, St Stephen’s Church College,
TWGH Lee Ching Dea Memorial College
Total :

Total number of P.6 students

Percentage of students allocated to 1st - 3rd choice

1st Choice

2nd Choice

3rd Choice

Others

77%

3.7%

1.9%

17.4%

36#
發表於 11-7-8 11:55 |只看該作者
有無人知道今年派成點?

[ 本帖最後由 maxboy 於 11-7-8 13:44 編輯 ]

37#
發表於 11-8-30 17:53 |只看該作者
Let me share my own experience with you. I studied in RC Kindergarten since my 4-yr-old and studied there for more than 16 years upto Form 7 (tracing back to 1993, i.e. nearly 20 years before).
RC Primary School is a private school and i remembered every happy moment! But we did not stress too much on our academic results, we simply played played and played everyday.
RC Secondary School is somewhat 'guaranteed' unless the students were not 'up to standard'.
At the time I was studying in RC Secondary School and from what I recalled, I could rank it a Bottom Band 2 or even Band 3 school, because there were fights every week, fouls everytime (of which I was being one) and undiscinplined students everywhere. That was the rank I ranked RC without regards to the academic results.
I was luckily present a gorgeous year when we (all Form 5 students) totally got more than 100 As in HKCEE. Before that, we had student got 4/5 As in HKALE (when HKASL has yet pronouned) and received scholarship for studying in Cambridge.
For those comment saying RC is bad or not good, I believe they should have knowlege about the bad aspects of RC and they should be 'old' enough to tell you what was done before.
However, I wonder why most (might be all) of you rank a school simply by its academic results? A school should be a mini-society. RC is not a school pushing every students to got As in all subjects!
Teachers there (at the time when I was studying there) had hearts! No matter the student was/were academically good, they still gave their hearts to teach the students.
Please consider carefully if you simply want your kid to have good academic results but at the same time carrying bad manner/behaviour! There are lots of kids like that in HK!
That's what my personal experience from RC!
I was a Raimondian till the end of my life! I am proud of it!
Please every Raimonidan Old-boy speaks for your mother school.

原帖由 wakeup07 於 11-6-18 22:50 發表
Sorry, I did hear too many comment from parent who really saw those RC secondary 's hugging girls in public and keep using bad words....

I guess RC Primary is a good school however Secondary ........ ...

38#
發表於 11-8-30 23:24 |只看該作者
原帖由 GCCC1231 於 11-8-30 17:53 發表
Let me share my own experience with you. I studied in RC Kindergarten since my 4-yr-old and studied there for more than 16 years upto Form 7 (tracing back to 1993, i.e. nearly 20 years before).
RC Pri ...

GCCC1231, thank you for your sharing.
You were graduated in RC in 1993, that was over 17 years ago. Have you heard about the latest news in RC secondary school afterwards?
I really want to know whatever the secondary school have any improvement at the students behavior!
Can any fresh graduated students share with us?

39#
發表於 11-9-6 18:50 |只看該作者
I'm afraid the fresh graduate would be too young to visit baby kingdom and parents of fresh graduate would be too old for here.

If you want to know more about Raimondi, why don't you go there around 3:30p (i.e. about the time of off school) or roaming around Central at the appropriate time?

原帖由 Piyoma 於 11-8-30 23:24 發表

GCCC1231, thank you for your sharing.
You were graduated in RC in 1993, that was over 17 years ago. Have you heard about the latest news in RC secondary school afterwards?
I really want to know wha ...

40#
發表於 11-9-8 18:29 |只看該作者
I need to pick up my son after 3pm so it is not easier to meet the secondary student at the same time.

Let's me find one day to go up to that school.....

Thanks GCCC1231
‹ 上一主題|下一主題