搜索
教育王國 討論區 小一選校 根德出黎既學生會去邊 ?
樓主: emileleung
go

根德出黎既學生會去邊 ? [複製鏈接]

81#
發表於 09-10-23 18:11 |只看該作者

回覆 1# PowerNana 的文章

家長之外, 學生們都對學校忠心耿耿.  未讀過又真係唔會明白.  不過, 間間學校都有super fans架啦!  kv 既英文科oral方面可能未及某d幼稚園, 對英文有要求既kv家長都要出去補補.  幼稚園返得幾個鐘, 未必可以十全十美, 大家睇下自己需要啦! 家校合作, 互補不足.

82#
發表於 09-10-23 18:13 |只看該作者
hi everyone,

usually, i don't write on chats like these because i think these feelings r very subjective and everyone is entitled to their own thinking... but since this yr my son is in kv k3,  i want to share abit of my feeling towards this school... and since i have time this afternoon to write something...

after all the k1 interviews r done, my son was admitted to quite a number of schools including sc, but sc was only famous for english and we felt we can help our son with this (since my english is better than my chinese) so we picked kv instead. while we were trying to decide, we did worry about the amount of homework and the force feed style. However if kv will provide him a chance to be better prepared for traditional primary than by all means why not give it a try; and this is exactly what i think kv can do! of course there is homework, but i don't think it is anything they can't handle, and really, the teachers teach them well, my son knows how to do all the homework when he comes home from school, and i get him to do it before i get home from work. i do have to do some reviews with him starting in k2 but i think that is reasonable.  afterall, education is a partnership between the parents and the school, it is not like i plan to do nothing. and on the topic of what parents needs to do, compare to his prenursery class, kv is heaven! for his pn class, there was so much arts and crafts that we had to help him do, we were going crazy, i know they want to promote parent-child activities but please be reasonable... frankly, really, what can he do at age 2??!!!

back to kv, yes, they start writing in k1. my only advise is 'give them time'. at first my son's writing was not very nice, and at the beginning i felt abit frustrated about it but under my husband's counsel, i accepted that it will take time, and doing it all nice is not the most important thing at that moment, the discipline n concentration is more important! and u have to understand that some kids (especially girls) have the patience and self-expectation to write very nicely, but most boys don't have that or feel the need, they think 'hey, let's just get it done and go play with my cars!'. now in k3, my son's writing has improved alot, i m sure not the best in the class but up to our standard (my colleagues say much better than their sons who r in mid-primary). we r still working on the concentration (the duration of doing his homework), but i m confident he will improve by the end of k3 and will be ready to handle more homework in p1. and i would say he will not be shocked by dictations and test papers in p1, for he has been doing it since k1.

about happy kindergarten years... i think my son is happy about school. though k2's teacher was so-so, not as good as k1 or his teacher now in k3, but that happens everywhere, one yr u get a really good teacher and the other yr not, but u still have to cope with it and do the best u can. we c that as another opportunity to teach our son. i would never say his k2 teacher was not good in front of my son, on contrary, i encouraged him to speak more to her and say good things about her. anyhow, on the whole, he enjoys going to school, love the parties (7 per yr), and i think he feels good that he is competent in his school work.

as for the english at kv, it is learning it in the traditional way, memorizing, more or less. kv does not have phonics. i had heard that phonic is good so i ended up letting my son take phonics on the side, however as i got involved with his phonics development, i began to realize it is not as straight forward as i thought. what i found is that there r lots of words that are exception to the phonics rules, and the sounds sometimes r just not that easy to put together to form the actual pronounciation of the words... and i have a good english background, i think!! often, i found myself telling my son 'oh, u have to memorize this one, it has a special sound!'..... so... maybe a combination of the traditional and the modern isn't a bad thing.

and where will he go for primary... well, can't tell u 'cause we don't know yet, but as the chinese saying goes '一山還有一山高', kv does not get u into famous schools for sure, that really depends on each child's ability and luck. and of course there r plenty of other smart kids at other kindergartens. but rather i think it is better to view things in a more personal development perspective, whichever school he gets into he will still have to work hard and do his best (the road is still long ahead) discipline, concentration, and working hard will be of great importance, and also self-initiation. we thought it would be good to start instilling these principles as early as possible, and kv was a good starting ground.

ps... each child is different, each parent is different, and there r many different roads to take and plenty of turns and exits....!!!  cheers to kv, and cheers to all caring parents (kv or not)!!  God bless all the children!!

[ 本帖最後由 hsbmama 於 09-10-24 08:05 編輯 ]

83#
發表於 09-10-23 22:30 |只看該作者
Very well said. KV can really build a solid foundation that will prepare them nicely for traditional schools. My daughter graduated from KV two years ago and admitted to a traditional English primary school. She can handle the homework and tests well and I am thankful to KV for the efforts they put in cultivating my child. My son is now studying in KV and he enjoys the school even though he needs to do quite a few homework everyday, and as you said, it's not anything he can't handle and he's able to complete all the homework within an hour most of the time. KV is really good at motivating the kids to be self-responsible.

By the way, today they just had a Halloween party and my son was really excited with his Halloween costumes and make-ups.

原帖由 hsbmama 於 09-10-23 18:13 發表
hi everyone,

usually, i don't write on chats like these because i think these feelings r very subjective and everyone is entitled to their own thinking... but since this yr my son is in kv k3,  i wan ...

84#
發表於 09-10-23 23:15 |只看該作者
Dear hsbmama,

I share the same views with you so that I had chosen KV for my kid even though those famous kindergartens in Kowloon Tong accepted my kid at the same time. I think I can teach her English rather than Chinese. Though she has just studied in the KV for nearly two months only, I found she was trained to be self-initiative, outspoken, etc..

I recalled that I had to do a lot of crafts/drawing for her when she was in the nursery class at the pre-school. But at the KV, she always reads books and finishes simple drawing by herself.

Cheers,
homuimui

原帖由 hsbmama 於 09-10-23 18:13 發表
hi everyone,

usually, i don't write on chats like these because i think these feelings r very subjective and everyone is entitled to their own thinking... but since this yr my son is in kv k3,  i wan ...

85#
發表於 09-10-24 12:40 |只看該作者
Agreed!Agreed!Agreed!
原帖由 ahchungma 於 09-10-21 01:04 發表
See how you set your priority. For KV parents (including me), most of us would like our kids to have good academic base and that's why we chose KV. And most of us found, as a bonus on top of academic  ...
‹ 上一主題|下一主題