搜索
教育王國 討論區 小一選校 英語環境
樓主: emilythestrange
go

英語環境 [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 09-7-21 14:45 |只看該作者
Parlez-vous français?
"Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn't matter to me.... Going to bed at night saying we've done something wonderful... that's what matters to me."
    -Steve Jobs-

22#
發表於 09-7-21 15:42 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

23#
發表於 09-7-21 16:58 |只看該作者
絕對贊成!
唔好把教育子女的責任全賴晒落學校/補習社/物物教材/賓賓上,父母身教最重要.
唔好成日只1.2個英文單字把上口,請全句上.得閒時拿起本英文書/噤吓英文台睇睇,又或者噤去普通話台都得!

原帖由 emilythestrange 於 09-7-6 18:44 發表
我見好多媽咪都想搵一間英語環境好的學校俾子女,其實日常生活中,最有效就係喺屋企製造英語環境,我個人覺得,講單字唔係英語環境,開套disney教材俾佢睇都唔係英語環境,真正的英語環境,係同佢以全句的英文黎溝通,例如你叫佢執玩 ...

24#
發表於 09-7-21 17:21 |只看該作者
英文只是學習的輔助, 唔好變成好似學好英文一切就會無問題!

我有個親戚, 小朋友在加拿大出生, 後來回香港讀小學, 父母都會同佢地講英文, 最後中學會考其他科唔知, 連英文都只是得D! 所以環境并非最重要的! 最重要係個小朋友興趣和資質在哪方面, 再向個方面培養.

25#
發表於 09-7-21 17:22 |只看該作者
原帖由 flostangraphy 於 09-7-21 14:45 發表
Parlez-vous français?

Bonjour,
Le français est difficile à apprendre.
J'ai une fille.Elle veux étudier le français en "St Clare's Primary School".Tout le monde est d'accord, le français est plus difficile que l'anglais/le chinois.

26#
發表於 09-7-21 17:37 |只看該作者
原帖由 wtma 於 09-7-21 17:21 發表
英文只是學習的輔助, 唔好變成好似學好英文一切就會無問題!

我有個親戚, 小朋友在加拿大出生, 後來回香港讀小學, 父母都會同佢地講英文, 最後中學會考其他科唔知, 連英文都只是得D! 所以環境并非最重要的! 最重要 ...

Are the parents local Chinese?  If the kid and parents are all Chinese, I don't think that speaking to the kid in English will help the kid a lot.  As the kid studied in HK local schools since primary, there won't be any difference where s/he was born.  

In HK, it is easier for kids to learn Chinese than in Canada as HK provides a "Chinese" living environment.  Vice Versa, it will be easier for kids to learn English in English-speaking countries because of the "English" environment.
Kids learn languages very naturally if they are immersed in the native language environment.
This is just basic logic.

[ 本帖最後由 WYmom 於 09-7-21 17:40 編輯 ]

27#
發表於 09-7-21 18:13 |只看該作者

28#
發表於 09-7-22 12:48 |只看該作者
bonjour bonjour!!
mais donc vous parlez francais quand meme!!
i agree that the french may a bit more difficult than english. however, i'm sure it's a lot easier than the chinese!
example, you can write in french and i know rarely any french who can speak very good mandarin still can't write any chinese!!

to be honest, our elder son had difficulty expressing himself when he was younger. he was a bit late compare to other children who speak one language or even bilingual at home...
he was almost 3 and 1/2 years old when he was really able speaking in french, english and cantonese with contents...
as both me and my wife work full time. we are not really the good sample parents who spend plenty of time with our kids...
my wife therefore has 2 methods to make them speak is organize play day for our children, inviting their friends come to our home or go to their home to play. that way, in fact they play with friends and speak in french, english and chinese constantly.
story time before bed, we read them story every night before bed since they are 2 and 1/2. mostly my wife, french and english story books, me sometime, mainly chinese when i'm back home early. if both of us get home late, the nanny will read them english. most of time we will make the story interactive by asking them question between pages and what do they think about it.
our elder son is 5 now, so far he can manage to speak french, english and cantonese ok. second son is almost 3, still late in expression of complete sentence compare to other kids, but as second kid does, he is more advance in vocabulary than his brother at that age. he almost knows everything he knew x3! eg.: apple, la pomme, 蘋果 / firemen, pompier,  消防員
i really think they learn better during play time. my 2 cents.

原帖由 boying 於 21/7/2009 17:22 發表

Bonjour,
Le français est difficile à apprendre.
J'ai une fille.Elle veux étudier le français en "St Clare's Primary School".Tout le monde est d'accord, le français est plus difficile que l'angla ...

[ 本帖最後由 flostangraphy 於 09-7-22 13:12 編輯 ]
"Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn't matter to me.... Going to bed at night saying we've done something wonderful... that's what matters to me."
    -Steve Jobs-

29#
發表於 09-7-22 13:03 |只看該作者
chère emilythestrange,
mais c'est très bien!!!
permettez-moi!
"J'ai appris le français quand j'été à l'université, mais j'ai presque tout oublié déjà!

Souhaitons tous les meilleurs à votre fille!"

ps: i'm not a french teacher, just want to share multi-lingual kid experience.

原帖由 emilythestrange 於 21/7/2009 18:13 發表
J'ai appris le français à l'université, mais j'ai presque tout oublier dès maintenant!

Tous les meilleurs pour votre fille!

[ 本帖最後由 flostangraphy 於 09-7-22 15:57 編輯 ]
    -Steve Jobs-

30#
發表於 09-7-22 14:46 |只看該作者

31#
發表於 09-7-22 16:03 |只看該作者
dear emily,
i'm sure you have better level of english and chinese than me!!! and if your child is learning french at school... you will also make progress along side with her!!!! he he he

原帖由 emilythestrange 於 22/7/2009 14:46 發表
Thanks for your sharing!

As I said, I forget almost everything learnt from my French teacher now, hahahaha!

-Steve Jobs-

32#
發表於 09-7-22 17:24 |只看該作者

33#
發表於 09-7-23 00:28 |只看該作者
I prefer EMI school (from KG).  My son "claims" himself can speak both English and Cantonese although he speaks English sounds like speaking French... Anyway, I always try to speak simple English with him.  Also, try singing songs in different languages (e.g English, Mandarin...etc).

34#
發表於 09-7-23 09:48 |只看該作者
dear elisatyy,
ha ha ha!!! your son is very smart!!!
he knows already that a lot of girls trace after the boy who speaks english with a french accent in the world!!!

原帖由 elizatyy 於 23/7/2009 00:28 發表
I prefer EMI school (from KG).  My son "claims" himself can speak both English and Cantonese although he speaks English sounds like speaking French... Anyway, I always try to speak simple English with ...
    -Steve Jobs-

35#
發表於 09-7-23 12:06 |只看該作者

36#
發表於 09-7-23 13:35 |只看該作者
this is a good trick!!!!
too bad, i do think i should have learnt more languages before married my french girlfriend....

原帖由 emilythestrange 於 23/7/2009 12:06 發表
Another trick is, let the kids make friends with foreigners!  Guess you've heard of the phenomenon that the best way to learn a foreign language is to find a girlfriend / boyfriend from that country!  ...
    -Steve Jobs-

37#
發表於 09-7-23 14:26 |只看該作者

38#
發表於 09-7-23 14:40 |只看該作者
it's pity that the children don't speak swedish and chinese...

by the way, we don't speak mandarin at home, but they are learning at school .

原帖由 emilythestrange 於 09-7-23 14:26 發表
haha you got me!!!!

well actually my boss is a Swedish and his wife is a Japanese, when their kids were small, they spoke Japanese better than English because it was mom taking care of them everyday. ...

[ 本帖最後由 flostangraphy 於 09-7-23 14:43 編輯 ]
    -Steve Jobs-

39#
發表於 09-7-23 22:37 |只看該作者
原帖由 emilythestrange 於 09-7-23 12:06 發表
Another trick is, let the kids make friends with foreigners!  Guess you've heard of the phenomenon that the best way to learn a foreign language is to find a girlfriend / boyfriend from that country!  ...

Good, agree.

40#
發表於 09-8-28 15:10 |只看該作者
hi elizatyy,
your boy is at diocesan?!

原帖由 elizatyy 於 23/7/2009 22:37 發表

Good, agree. :-)
    -Steve Jobs-
‹ 上一主題|下一主題