搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 GSIS vs KCIS
樓主: Pianokc
go

GSIS vs KCIS [複製鏈接]

61#
發表於 09-11-13 23:33 |只看該作者
Wisekid, Ruby,

Thank you for your advice.  My daughter is attending Woodland now.  She can speak good English but like Ruby said may not be the same as native speaker.  But she is shy and sometimes not willing to talk to others.  What activities do your kids go so they are more outgoing and willing to talk to the teacher during interview?

62#
發表於 09-11-15 23:44 |只看該作者
Cari,

There is not much you can do when it comes to personality.  My little girl was extremely shy too.  She's not the active nor the outspoken type which we all believed what GSIS was looking for.  When we went for the assessment, we treated it more or less an experience.  We didn't expect to get in.

As for whether we prepared her for the interview, no, we didn't at all.  We are the lazy parents type who send their child to international school just to avoid heavy homeworks

The only thing I would say is that she speaks english at native level and she was a confident reader and writer(age appropriate) by the time she was assessed.  And she learned most of that from her preschool (Woodland).  We didn't hire a private tutor nor teach her anything at home.

Don't worry too much about the admission.  Try not to put too much pressure on your little one.  I think that was the best thing we have done with ours.  

eaymom

[ 本帖最後由 eaymom 於 09-11-15 23:45 編輯 ]

63#
發表於 09-11-16 16:04 |只看該作者
Eaymom,

Thank you for your reply.  You are so lucky that your daughter was accepted by GSIS.  My daughter is going to Woodland too so that mean she is under good hands.  We have applied for the 3 year old class, what would be age appropiate for a 3 year old for reading and writing?  My daughter does not know how to write or read yet.  

Cari

原帖由 eaymom 於 09-11-15 23:44 發表
Cari,

There is not much you can do when it comes to personality.  My little girl was extremely shy too.  She's not the active nor the outspoken type which we all believed what GSIS was looking for.   ...

64#
發表於 09-11-16 17:25 |只看該作者
We didn't apply for Kindergarten because they only had one K2 class and all of the spaces were occupied by students promoted from K1 (we were latecomers and we missed K1).  They didn't have any spaces for new students.   So we applied for Year 1 and my daughter was assessed when she was nearly 5 years old earlier this year.  She's now in Year 1.

原帖由 cari 於 09-11-16 16:04 發表
Eaymom,

Thank you for your reply.  You are so lucky that your daughter was accepted by GSIS.  My daughter is going to Woodland too so that mean she is under good hands.  We have applied for the 3 yea ...

65#
發表於 09-11-16 21:07 |只看該作者

回覆 4# cari 的文章

My son joined English playgroup since he was 18 months old. And then he joined Anfield's prep-programme when he was 2.5years old and then Anfield's K.1-2.  He did not need our company since prep-programme. He was born in March, maybe that's why he was  more mature and calm. I think you can bring your kid out of home more and let her meet more strangers.

66#
發表於 09-11-16 21:18 |只看該作者

回覆 4# eaymom 的文章

Yes I agree with eaymom that you should take it easy, yourself and your daughter. Don't give her any pressure. Tell her that you and she would go have a look and chat with the teachers to see if shes like the school.  Tell her that the teachers will talk and play with her in a nice & fun way. Plan and tell her that you will reward her with a treat or a gift after the visit (not an interview or assessment). And tell her something good about the school to make her like the school.
I told my son that GSIS is a very good and high standard school the night before the assessment, so that he (and I) won't be too upset if he fails. While, he was so happy when he got the offer and he was ready to join the school without too missing his previous school.

Good luck !

67#
發表於 09-11-18 10:37 |只看該作者
Ruby1219 & eaymom,

Thank you for all the nice advices.  I will take my child to meet more strangers so she will be more used to the environment of meeting strangers and prep her in a positive way like Ruby1219 before the assessment.  Wish me luck.

cari

原帖由 Ruby1219 於 09-11-16 21:18 發表
Yes I agree with eaymom that you should take it easy, yourself and your daughter. Don't give her any pressure. Tell her that you and she would go have a look and chat with the teachers to see if shes  ...

68#
發表於 09-11-26 11:07 |只看該作者
Hi

Can you share with me what questions they will ask during the GSIS P1 interview?  What's the format?  My child is scheduled to have the interview early next year.  In terms of writing, what will they ask a 5-year-old child to write?

Thanks a lot!

69#
發表於 09-11-28 06:46 |只看該作者
I wasn't sure what questions they ask because my daughter wasn't able to retell what exactly she did in the assessment.

It was somewhere along the line of reading a book, finding out what was wrong in the sentences, describe what's happened in a picture and what she thinks will happen next, counting from 1 to 100 by 2s, 5s, 10s, etc.,

Based on what I heard, it's basically something a 5yr should be able to do.  If the child had gone through preschool or kindergarten, these would be something they already learned.

原帖由 tamm 於 09-11-26 11:07 發表
Hi

Can you share with me what questions they will ask during the GSIS P1 interview?  What's the format?  My child is scheduled to have the interview early next year.  In terms of writing, what will  ...

70#
發表於 09-11-28 23:12 |只看該作者
Thanks for the information - what about the writing part?  Was it a group interview?
‹ 上一主題|下一主題