用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Between Anfield, Kingston and YMCA TST, which one wi ...
樓主: vvnpo
go

Between Anfield, Kingston and YMCA TST, which one will you choose? [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 09-6-22 10:24 |只看該作者
let me have some input.
Different parents have different expectations and preference and it will be an endless debate for which one is good.
I am/(was) an Anfield parent, and My daughter joined YMCA playgroup years ago.
I have never considered Kingston coz it seems beyond my ability to afford...
Peronally, I am satisfied with Anfield. Otherwise, I will not stay here so long. Of course, Anfield is not perfect, like any famous or not famous schools in Hong Kong.
I didn't choose YMCA K1 coz personally I don't like the environment there; most are indoor area with an outdoor playground (i learnt these from my helper.  Please correct if I was wrong). Instead, Anfield (Somerset Road Campus) has more open area for playing. (Not sure the Whampao Campus and the New Cumberland road Campus).
Teacher Robert playgroup? I was there. Good? Yes, he is a good teacher, high discipline required from children and parents/helpers with good reputation (but really a cool man after class) but no need to deify him.
Today i will have no any preference on colors and races of teacher coz once I rely on the school, i will rely on their judgement in recruiting teachers.
Year ago, when i was choosing a playgroup, I did concern the color/race due to my ignorance.
I also had the same "good" experience as Pianokc in Victoria regarding the attitude of their native speaking teachers. I raised a complaint to the Vice-Principal but she said it was the "style" of such "good-experience" teacher. I quited.
I learnt that at kindergarten stage, teachers' "heart" is much more important than color/race/accent.
so vvnpo, i will suggest you balancing the pros and cons amongst all these schools and makes your final decision. Of course, final one does not mean the best one , as i said it the beginning, different parents have different expectations.

22#
發表於 09-6-22 15:44 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

23#
發表於 09-6-22 19:58 |只看該作者
We fully understand your feelings as we have been through this process too ;)

Nobody's perfect as there is no 'the one' best school either.

Try not to stress too much .. you can only do your very best which youare doing already. Try to enjoy the process and trust your own personalfeelings when you make your choice. I hope I did not sound too harsh inthe former reply :p

Good luck! I am curious which school you will choose in the end ;)

原帖由 vvnpo 於 09-6-22 15:44 發表
Thank you all for the sharings.  I know that I act and sound like a "c9 格價".  My son is my first child and I have no experience in choosing a school, with limited resources on hand, I want to give t ...

24#
發表於 09-6-24 15:31 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

25#
發表於 09-6-24 16:23 |只看該作者
All the best. I am sure you will like YMCA. My kid left there for years and still want to visit the teachers there everytime we walked pass. I absolutely agree that teacher's heart is much more important than other factors in selecting a kinder.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題