用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Between Anfield, Kingston and YMCA TST, which one wi ...
查看: 3827|回覆: 24
go

Between Anfield, Kingston and YMCA TST, which one will you choose? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-6-19 18:55 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 09-6-19 23:02 |只看該作者
My child went to Anfield and really loved it. I did not choose for Kingston as it was too expensive and I found the campus/ classroom too small.

I do not know YMCA kindergarten.

If you like your child to get bilingual ( 50% English and 50% Mandarin) education and you can afford it then I would suggest you to go to Kingston.

But if you would like your child to become fluent in English and get some Mandarin then Anfield would be a very good option.

3#
發表於 09-6-19 23:31 |只看該作者

回覆 2# vvnpo 的文章

Anfield for sure.  It can give you an unforgetable memory.  My son is going to P2, but he still misses the time at Anfield, me too.  High academic standard and good discipline.

4#
發表於 09-6-19 23:43 |只看該作者

5#
發表於 09-6-20 00:00 |只看該作者
Anfield. My two kids went there, and I recommend many of my students to go there for Language classes, and their Saturday English Activity Chest.

Highly recommended.

Some of my son's classmates are still in Anfield, and got accepted by CCKG this year.

6#
發表於 09-6-20 00:54 |只看該作者
Pianokc,

I sent you a message. Please check :)

7#
發表於 09-6-20 11:46 |只看該作者
My boy has been studying in Anfield and will be promoted to K1 in coming September.  Agreed with Fattymom, good acacdmic and discipline training.  During these non-school days, my boy always says "I want School, I want Teacher Robert".
Iris

8#
發表於 09-6-20 14:06 |只看該作者
YMCA for sure. ESF and lots of ISs like YMCA students very much. Having said that, I am not saying others are not good. I think all schools are good....just to find one the most suitable for your child should be our focus.

I have also talked to some staff from these schools about their vision and mission and found that YMCA is more international teaching orientated than others.

9#
發表於 09-6-20 20:45 |只看該作者
teacher robert rules!

10#
發表於 09-6-21 00:16 |只看該作者

11#
發表於 09-6-21 00:40 |只看該作者
Toddlerobics is not comparable to Playgroup and Pre-programme.

It's one way of getting your foot in the door for Playgroup and Prep Programme because existing students get priority to register every term.

I agree that some teacher's standards in Anfield are questionable.

Without Teacher Robert, Anfield definitely would NOT be where it is today.

Elsa - the admin secretary also does a good job in keeping up the school's administration.

12#
發表於 09-6-21 00:53 |只看該作者

13#
發表於 09-6-21 03:43 |只看該作者
Let's not try to discriminate. My helper is a filipina, she has nurtured and taught my kids from birth to now.... she tutors them when I cannot. Very educated, and very caring and patient.

The Kowloon Tong Campus has many teachers who are Indians. But I know a few of them are also very good.

As long as the teacher is native english speaking, caring, and patient, and has the qualifications of an early childhood educator, I don't care what nationality or colour of their skin are. Neither should you.

Just my opinion.

14#
發表於 09-6-21 09:55 |只看該作者

15#
發表於 09-6-21 11:27 |只看該作者
vvnpo, please don't misunderstand. Nothing personal, but what's your point in saying something like this then "Especially after I heard from my friends that all of the teachers at Whampoa were Philippino.."?

You mean Filipinas cannot be educated?  Cannot be good teacher?
I send my kids to school because of many reasons, just because I have helpers, doesn't mean my kids shouldn't be going to school. I don't understand.

So let me ask you, what is YOUR ideal qualified "teacher" then ? (at an int'l kindergarten).

Someone who is "white" and "blond" hair?  That's good?

You say you don't want to discriminate, but you are doing that without knowing it.

Nothing personal, really, just saying, if you put your child in a school, look at the teachers beyond their "colour" and "race". That's the problem with many parents in HK, they just send their kids to places like int'l kindergartens, or learning centers... as long as they have someone who is "gwei lo" looking.

For your info, I do have a student who is at anfield's Whampoa campus, feedback is very good. She said it's very fun, and her English is improving everyday there.....

To be fair, I do think there are problems at Anfield, but certainly not because their teachers are of certain nationality. Then again, what school doens't have problems. It's up to you as the parent to choose WHICH school fits best for your child, your budget, and location, and curriculum, and discipline...etc.

Hope this helps.

[ 本帖最後由 Pianokc 於 09-6-21 11:39 編輯 ]

16#
發表於 09-6-21 16:26 |只看該作者

17#
發表於 09-6-21 18:27 |只看該作者
vvnpo, not trying to argue at all.
You still haven't voiced out what your concern exactly is.....

18#
發表於 09-6-21 18:42 |只看該作者
Hi vnnop,

If, regarding your personal feelings, you have already had a quite of bad experience with Anfield, why do you still consider Anfield?

Or are you just trying to get extra reasons from the other parents to reject this school?
I personally think that you may not/ cannot be really objective anymore regarding this school. Just like a self fulfilling prophecy.   

I think every school has their pros and cons and especially regarding the teachers, they make or break the schools reputation. It really depends on the kid as well, if they like the teachers or not.

So, I think it would be better to gain more information on and get toknow the teachers of your kid more before you make any judgement on thewhole school. Because the things you have mentioned about teachers willand can occur at every kind of school in HK or over the world.

Let's take for example another school - Victoria - which has a very good 'reputation' and 'name' in HK. The teachers my daughter had when she was there were very cool and distant. Which made me decide to quit this school. Even though the campus was very clean, new and the teachers were native speaking. My daughter copied their distant and cool behaviour after a while and did not really like to go to school much.

When she was at Anfield K1 last year at the Kowloon Tong campus she loved it because of her teachers. Even thoughit is an old campus and the toys etc were old. The main thing was her teachers were really great - Ms Angie, later Ms Maxineand Ms Perry. She has never been to Mr Roberts class

You did not say which campus of Anfield you were consdering. For you information, I do not know the Whampoa campus. But the Kowloon Tong campus is moved to a new site now. So everything will be new and clean when they start this summer. It  depends of course a lot on your own personal feelings when you take a guid tour at the school.

To be honest, I personally think that you will not choose for Anfield at all. ;)  I wish you good luck in choosing a school for your kid.

19#
發表於 09-6-21 21:37 |只看該作者

20#
發表於 09-6-22 10:07 |只看該作者
Parents in choosing right kindergarten for their child should have criteria which may be somewhat different from each other.  When I consider the kindergarten for my boy, academic performance, disciplinary issue, teacher, school philosphy, curriculum etc. are my concerns.  As such, teacher is one of considerations only.  I have met some other teachers in Anfield and I would say that most of them are good.  If you have concerns about the school, visit and talk with Principal will give you a hint.
Iris
‹ 上一主題|下一主題