教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 聖保祿幼稚園...
樓主: Cathyshan
go

聖保祿幼稚園...

發表於 09-6-1 13:57 |顯示全部帖子
my boy born in July 07, no chance to interview

發表於 09-6-1 14:22 |顯示全部帖子
聖保祿收生真係一個好有趣的題目

每年的一月至六月BB應係最黃金的階段, 如果偏離這段可能做成好大的差異, 即大大B或細細B。此段時期, 身體發展或理解成熟等, 較理想, 當然會有些出類的BB, 可以超越, 但學校先挑最好最理想的一群, 然後再在小學/中學升學時篩選, 這是保持學生質素的一種策略。

發表於 09-6-1 15:29 |顯示全部帖子
Mimimum,

5月30日我叫咗老公出席, 所以收唔到料, 我估要開咗學, 同其他家長傾吓計才可以知多D野.. 到時都可以統計吓同班有無2005的BB.

你講得有道理, 因為2006開始,出生率高了很多  , 相對兢爭大咗好多, 對2005年底出生的BB係唔公平...好似做細B時無機會(spk收生的準則係明顯偏重大B, 11/12月出生的BB的機會係0), 等一年轉做大B,機會亦不見得會好咗...真係好無奈....黎緊2007, 2008的出生率愈來愈高,唔好話spk, 我估其他學校的兢爭都會好大 , 相信年底出生的BB係選擇幼稚園的階段,真係好唔著數........

長路漫漫,而家係香港讀書, 真係好辛苦..係大人細路都辛苦, 間間學校都話"一體一藝", 還要考試評估. 我都好矛盾, 我想孩子的童年只係玩, 開開心心就夠, 但眼見別人的孩子樣樣皆能, 參加多項課外活動及興趣班, 自己的孩子唔參加, 好似會無兢爭力, 抱住人有我有的心態, 安排了興趣班比囡囡, 但覺有囡囡會辛苦, 唔可以無憂無慮咁玩.....我好似進退失據..  

總之, 大家比心機, 天生我才必有用, 上到小學, 大B細B都一樣.

原帖由 MimiMum 於 09-6-1 12:18 發表
Hi, invitation,
You are a very understanding person and know why I stress on this point.  At the beginning, I hesitate to make such comments as I scared someone will think that I have "purpose" to mak ...

發表於 09-6-1 15:44 |顯示全部帖子
我只係好彩, 我兩個細路都係大b, 所以考spk係有d advantage. 呢幾年d仔都係一級有7-8位, K2會走一兩個(可能去咗st. Jospeh), 所以K2會有少量插班生.... 我知道有人keep住寫信比學校, 終於K2收咗佢囡囡做插班生.

原帖由 Sunshine-Family 於 09-5-31 09:10 發表
你或者其他媽媽噚日去完家長會有無D一手資料呀?係咪真係今年無乜年尾BB呀?

唉!invitation,真係好羨慕你,2個都入到SPK,安樂哂!你仔女係咪大B呀?今年多唔多仔入到呀?如果亞女唔係喺年尾出世,就唔駛俾人岐視啦!好似其他媽媽咁話,覺 ...

發表於 09-6-1 16:21 |顯示全部帖子
Invitation,

請問你知唔知waiting list 是否都有排位?寫信是否真的有用?

發表於 09-6-1 20:30 |顯示全部帖子
this is not true, EVERYONE had a chance to interview, big or small b's going for spk (of course you will have to be within the age limit they specified).....

while for spn, only the CHOSEN ONEs have chance to interview

原帖由 stanbb 於 09-6-1 13:57 發表
my boy born in July 07, no chance to interview

發表於 09-6-4 07:45 |顯示全部帖子
如果好似你咁講,應該D超大B"身體發展或理解成熟"咪仲理想,但係今年未聽過20051112BB得咗喎!
原帖由 lafayette 於 09-6-1 14:22 發表
聖保祿收生真係一個好有趣的題目

每年的一月至六月BB應係最黃金的階段, 如果偏離這段可能做成好大的差異, 即大大B或細細B。此段時期, 身體發展或理解成熟等, 較理想, 當然會有些出類的BB, 可以超越, 但學校先挑最好 ...

發表於 09-6-4 12:48 |顯示全部帖子
在回應中, 有一個囝囝係2005年12月的

始終要讀多一年, 如果已經讀緊一間幾理想的幼園, 好難決定下一年又轉另一間, 講真間學校點好, 都係要睇家長的投放

另外, 超大b在年紀做成太大差異, 同學間相處亦有問題, 學校亦會考慮這個因素, 何不在小學中學階段再收一些優秀的校外生?

原帖由 Sunshine-Family 於 09-6-4 07:45 發表
如果好似你咁講,應該D超大B"身體發展或理解成熟"咪仲理想,但係今年未聽過2005年11、12月BB得咗喎!

發表於 09-6-4 15:26 |顯示全部帖子
唔好意思,因為我地將要搬到港區,想請問吓E間係咪男女校嚟架? 有否一條龍,又或者其他小學可以連到呢!

發表於 09-6-5 23:19 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 10# MimiMum 的文章

You are not the only one that has been optimistic and has been judged. Our 2nd daugther is baptised, we live in the neighbourhood, her sister study at and walks daily to SPC Primary. And to no avail. ! Our hearts are broken....

We want to share our story too but also felt that it may not be the best interest. These few days has been tough - especially hearing other "waitlisted" candidates receiving invitations or 2nd interviews.  And the fact that our daugther having all the benefits of what others perceived as important was actually "refused" a spot to study in the same school that her sister study really makes me feel like puking.

5 mins to pass a judgement on the level of competence of the children is silly.

SPK is at least better than Victoria - running it like a business and like all businesses, it is only as good if you have place the right staff in key processes. My daugther which is born in Canada was interviewed by a PTH-speaking lady (we requested for interviewing with Cantonese/English class). And of cos my child will be ignoring them.

<sigh> This system of "fighting" for a spot is silly. really..

發表於 09-6-5 23:22 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 24# Spanishmama 的文章

I want to know the criteria too. BUT I can assure you that having the following criteria still does not seem to be enuff.

i) Living in the neighborhood
ii) Baptised
iii) Jun born girl
iv) Sibblings studying in SPCP
v) Educated family

very disasspointed father and mother and sister

發表於 09-6-6 07:39 |顯示全部帖子
totally aggree with you and I can really feel your disappointment and 無奈.....

even though we are not in the game yet since our daughter is a 12/07 baby.....haha, you can tell what we are worrying about!!

若不是為了生計理由, we would really really not prefer to join this stupid game, having to go through all these harsh interview and selection process .....we will have our daughter go back to Aus. to study as she has Aus citizenship....

原帖由 BabyHug 於 09-6-5 23:19 發表
You are not the only one that has been optimistic and has been judged. Our 2nd daugther is baptised, we live in the neighbourhood, her sister study at and walks daily to SPC Primary. And to no avail.  ...

發表於 09-6-6 07:45 |顯示全部帖子
just joking, don't be upset, but the reason why they did not pick your girl is......your girl is a small girl!!  JUN-born, to them is a small girl when you look at their selected list!!

the whole process makes me think....next time I should 擇日if I want to get pregnant again!!

原帖由 BabyHug 於 09-6-5 23:22 發表
I want to know the criteria too. BUT I can assure you that having the following criteria still does not seem to be enuff.

i) Living in the neighborhood
ii) Baptised
iii) Jun born girl
iv) Sibblings s ...

醒目開學勳章

發表於 09-6-6 12:16 |顯示全部帖子
My friend's daughter born in Nov 2004, she is studying SPK K1

原帖由 MimiMum 於 09-5-25 15:40 發表
If there are any lucky 2005 kids who are accepted by SPK this year (2009-10), please show up.

發表於 09-6-8 10:19 |顯示全部帖子
According to the past record, we already know that SPK used to accept big big girl in the past years.  As we discussed before, it seems that big big girls born in end of 2005 have not been accepted for K1 in 2009/10.  
Anyway, thank you for your information.
原帖由 fundfund 於 09-6-6 12:16 發表
My friend's daughter born in Nov 2004, she is studying SPK K1

發表於 09-6-8 10:45 |顯示全部帖子
03年係沙士年, 加上經濟奇差, 所以03&04年出生係十年內最低!!  唔好話收細b, 收唔收足人樓避免殺校都成問題, 點會重計較你大定細b.

發表於 09-6-8 12:50 |顯示全部帖子
BabyHug,

I totally share how upset you are! Your family and your daughter seems possess all criteria for admitting in SPK but still failed.  It makes parents disapppointed even they tried hard to cope with SPK criteria, except month of birth of the kids that can't be controlled! Also, it's nothing to deal with kids' performance as the interview time is too short for assessment.  What we can say it mainly deals with luck!

Some lucky bk parents reported that 2nd interviews for waitlisted candidiates have been done and completed last week.   I think it probably prepare for potential vacancies after registration on 13 Jun. That means those who have not called for interview should think of their next options.  Think positive, your younger daughter may still have better chance than others if vacancies exist in K2 as other SPK parents said.  God bless you.
原帖由 BabyHug 於 09-6-5 23:19 發表
You are not the only one that has been optimistic and has been judged. Our 2nd daugther is baptised, we live in the neighbourhood, her sister study at and walks daily to SPC Primary. And to no avail.  ...

發表於 09-6-8 12:54 |顯示全部帖子
請問各位媽咪聖保禒幼稚園有冇開放日

發表於 09-6-11 06:58 |顯示全部帖子
Thank you. We are hopeful.:-|

原帖由 MimiMum 於 09-6-8 12:50 發表
BabyHug,

I totally share how upset you are! Your family and your daughter seems possess all criteria for admitting in SPK but still failed.  It makes parents disapppointed even they tried hard to cop ...

發表於 09-6-11 07:02 |顯示全部帖子

St. Paul Convent's Swine Flu H1N1 CLOSED DOWN

Now that the school has been called off for 14 days, it is at least Jun 25the before any registration will happen. And this also inevitably means that the "anxious" mom and dad will have to be even more patient.