Contingency plan [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 09-5-13 00:40 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

22#
發表於 09-5-13 00:42 |只看該作者
原帖由 oooray 於 09-5-13 00:10 發表

So, what is your conclusion?
1. U didn't believe such rumor and u made dual application and then end up u got offer from both. So, rumor is just a rumor.
2. But through your "personal experience" and "somebody" (of course details cannot be disclosed, right?) in Abacus told u something (not in B&W). So, the rumor is not a rumor.
Contradictory???
Your statement is not spreading but mutating the rumor unintentionally.
Sorry for being directed but I have to point out something that was "confusing" (at least I felt).

1. I didn't know such rumor in advance, so I made dual application just to play safe. After I have made dual applications, some "insider" told me about this rumor, and I was terrified until I got both offer. So yes, rumor is a rumor, but you will never know unless you can prove it, or someone can prove it.

2. Whoever and wherever is the insider doesn't matter anymore, as rumor is not correct anyway.

So like other said, daul applications is a good strategy. I do see some Cat 2 parents only apply for normal ESF but not PIS, and end up is even much terrified as they don't have any interview until Mar or Apr.

I hope this clarify my post, and I insist on this as I am trying to tell a fact only, and trying to share personal experience only.

23#
發表於 09-5-13 00:53 |只看該作者
原帖由 Annie123 於 09-5-13 00:35 發表
Popolung,

You are missing the point. It is not about which school is better or which school I like more.

If something is a rumor, just do not spread it. Period.

Like you said, you also believe that ...

You know this is a rumor that is spreading around in ESF, at least in my kinder. I am trying to tell this out so other parents are aware, and they will know it is not true. Traditional mindset may think we should not talk about things which is not correct, but what's wrong is it? If you are parents like me, when someone told you not to make dual applications otherwise this or that will happen, without come across with this post, what will you do? Make only 1 application and finally no interview? Who will suffer?

Think as if you are a 2009 K2 parents, and this year, situation after the financial tsunami is totally different that any year, according to many ESF staff info. ESF seats are so tight.

So be open mind, and we should discuss this openly like we talk about sex with our kid.

There are always some tricks that cheat old lady money, so we keep talk about in open and on "POLICE" program, so to make everyone aware. Hiding is not the best method. Again just like talking sex with your kid, it is hard, but have to go via it.

Looks like this "rumor" issue is like AIDS, everyone is afraid of it. Parents please go to Geokids and see what parents are talking about, and you will know we are just looking at the tips of the iceberg only.

24#
發表於 09-5-13 00:56 |只看該作者

25#
發表於 09-5-13 01:05 |只看該作者

26#
發表於 09-5-13 01:17 |只看該作者
原帖由 Annie123 於 09-5-13 00:56 發表

All rumors were claimed to be provided by insiders. All rumors were claimed to be obtained by someone close to the "core group"... etc.

There are probably thousands of "rumors" around. Not only abo ...

Telling a rumor is not correct, is not a responsible person? What kind of logic it is?

Then I think we don't need those programs like " POLICE" to tell you all the trick as one is wise and smart enough and will not trick by the bad guy.

I think parents here has to be open minded and have relax discussion. This is an open forum, you have no right to block what I said, and I am not telling lies. I am telling that there is a rumor, and it is not true, that's it.

And watch your mouth. Pain in the what? You will talk to your kid like that? Be more polite.

[ 本帖最後由 popolung 於 09-5-13 01:21 編輯 ]

27#
發表於 09-5-13 01:20 |只看該作者
原帖由 Annie123 於 09-5-13 01:05 發表

I am surprised I am still around replying you. You are one real Pain in the A.

May be my English is really poor. I really do not know how what you said can proof that what you did was right.

Anyw ...

Pain in the what? What kind of parents we have here? You can discuss with us, but please do it politely. Once again, please watch your mouth, and make the BK Forum a clean and healthy place for parents & kids. Hope everyone is helping us to maintain this. We are not in PRC, this is HK. I wonder why people don't like someone said something, and even try to say bad stuff.

If I am telling lie, please point out. Telling people that a rumor is not true, is not a lie. Pls think twice.

28#
發表於 09-5-13 10:54 |只看該作者
原帖由 almom 於 09-5-11 14:56 發表

Thanks, Onsen.
I am glad someone finally pointed out "what" kind of messages are not welcome here.

I am really fed up with someone constantly posting false information here, and got away with it by ...

Almon, instead of wasting your precious time try to accuse me, spend your time to help other parents who want to get into RC.

http://forum.edu-kingdom.com/viewthread.php?tid=2125259&extra=page%3D1

That will make good use of your time. I know you will like to protect the name of RC, and try to help out other is much better. Then people will know RC parents are good guys too.

29#
發表於 09-5-13 13:30 |只看該作者
原帖由 popolung 於 09-5-13 00:42 發表

1. I didn't know such rumor in advance, so I made dual application just to play safe. After I have made dual applications, some "insider" told me about this rumor, and I was terrified until I got bo ...

Your conclusion is now clear.
I feel sorry to see some quarrels with other parents. If you could mention which were your personal feelings/experience and which were your viewpoints, less quarrels and more fun.

30#
發表於 09-5-14 01:46 |只看該作者
原帖由 oooray 於 09-5-13 13:30 發表

Your conclusion is now clear.
I feel sorry to see some quarrels with other parents. If you could mention which were your personal feelings/experience and which were your viewpoints, less quarrels and ...

Never mind, it happens. As long as we can help other parents, I can live with this. Somehow no matter how clear you can say, someone may come and accuse.

And more important is that rumor is like AIDS. You didn't talk about it doesn't mean it will disappear. It will appear somewhere else. The best way to tackle it is we talk about it, and let people know that the rumor is real or fake.

And I want to thank you oooray that you look at this case clearly, and willing to stand out to say something fair. Once again, I hope all BK parents can be able to tell other your experience and help other parents.

31#
發表於 09-5-14 09:42 |只看該作者
原帖由 popolung 於 09-5-14 01:46 發表

Never mind, it happens. As long as we can help other parents, I can live with this. Somehow no matter how clear you can say, someone may come and accuse.

And more important is that rumor is like A ...

everybody will defend their faith and will sometimes get stubborn, including u and me. What i can do is reminding myself try not to be subjective and provide false information during discussion.
We do make mistakes and we will be making mistakes.
Practice makes perfect. Right?

32#
發表於 09-5-14 10:23 |只看該作者
I try to figure out why some parents were really uptighted and get offended when someone mentioning about the admission eligibility to ESF regular and PIS schools.  Are those parents the one who got the offer from RC but not from the ESF regular schools?  

Just relax.  It is really better for locals to get admitted to RC when there were over 70% of the students are local residents.  That will give them a better place for Chinese practise in speaking and writting than normal ESF schools.  

If I were the principal looking at the applications, what would I think if a child who can go to PIS and then another couldn't.  I read the comment from a judge about ESF admitting locals who want their children to learn English rather than leaving those precious space to the "real" foreigners who really need this kind of schools. (He even complianted about the Mandarin teaching!)   Sounds a bit harsh but is true.  I talked to a UK caucasian about their kids' school.  When he found out that my child got admitted to the regular ESF school when his child didn't even got a chance for an interview, he got really mad.  That is entirely understandable.  If my thesis is correct that those parents who got upset by previous postings here are indeed RC parents, please relax and just enjoy your wonderful chance of having the best of both worlds, English and Chinese for your children, under management of the ESF.  If my thesis is incorrect, I apologize in advance.

33#
發表於 09-5-14 11:27 |只看該作者
原帖由 Onsen 於 09-5-14 10:23 發表
I try to figure out why some parents were really uptighted and get offended when someone mentioning about the admission eligibility to ESF regular and PIS schools.  Are those parents the one who got t ...

Onsen, I do agree with you.
If parents are proud of their children and their schools, why still concern and compare the admission eligibility?

34#
發表於 09-5-14 13:07 |只看該作者
原帖由 oooray 於 09-5-14 11:27 發表

Onsen, I do agree with you.
If parents are proud of their children and their schools, why still concern and compare the admission eligibility?

I have went via admission processes of both normal ESF & PIS, with certain difficulties this year, so I have some understanding too. Parents normally like to tell others that they have get in a good school, but not the other way round. It can explain why some parents will protect the reputation of their school fiercely, no matter offline or online.  

Honestly speaking, I have headache now teaching my kid Chinese myself, and if this is RC, I will leave it to them. But since I know now she will go to CWBS (as geographically it is closer from TKO), I have to take up this job myself or find her a Chinese teacher somewhere later on...... To me both normal ESF & PIS are good school, no big difference. May be the teaching method only. Actually IB is more suitable for local when we are from local system in the past. GCE is much relax, and we may think somehow it is too relax or loose.....

Anyway, yes, be relaxed. A lot of BK parents here are good and willing to share experience. No one I think want to want people to think they are expert of anything. Sharing is a very important culture of the internet, like creative commons. If you don't like it, just leave it. If you think the info is not correct, just point it out, but politely.

Yes, everyone make mistake. I do. And if I really do, I will admit it. This is what we teach our kid too, right?

35#
發表於 09-5-14 13:41 |只看該作者
原帖由 popolung 於 09-5-14 13:07 發表

I have went via admission processes of both normal ESF & PIS, with certain difficulties this year, so I have some understanding too. Parents normally like to tell others that they have get in a good ...

Yes. We were on the same boat experiencing difficulties throughout the admission process.
I know some parents are very nervous today coz they only apply normal ESF (no backup choice) due to insufficent/misleading information (try not to use the word "rumor" right?).
We share because we hope other parents can play the admission game wisely. Right?

36#
發表於 09-5-14 13:44 |只看該作者
原帖由 oooray 於 09-5-14 13:41 發表

Yes. We were on the same boat experiencing difficulties throughout the admission process.
I know some parents are very nervous today coz they only apply normal ESF (no backup choice) due to insuffice ...

Absolutely! And hope those parents can get via this "nightmare" finally!

37#
發表於 09-5-15 18:42 |只看該作者

38#
發表於 09-5-16 14:25 |只看該作者
If someone try to point out other people's mistake, first be patience. Try to say other people "Pain in the ???" will not help. I wonder if you teach your kid in this way, and then how other people will look upon RC parents like these. Try to build up reputation of the school, starting from the attitude of the parents themselves.

I will apologize if I make mistake, and I did in the past if you have looked at my post. Will you do the same?

[ 本帖最後由 popolung 於 09-5-16 17:26 編輯 ]

39#
發表於 09-5-16 16:34 |只看該作者
The quality of a school depends not only on its teacher, principal and the sponsoring body, but largely depend on parents.  How the parents look at the world and a sense of social justice contributes greatly to the children's perception of the world.  The home education also affects a child's attitude toward others and acceptance of other different from oneself.  This is how most people judge the success and failure of a school's education, not just in academic.  

We as a parent should set a good example to our children, just tolerence of differences, and be considerate, and always look at different views, not just from oneself.  I certainly would hope to see those ten missing RC parents return to this site for open-minded discussion and continue sharing of their experience with RC which I placed a lot of hope on it.

40#
發表於 09-5-18 11:27 |只看該作者
‹ 上一主題|下一主題