密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 聖保羅書院小學 2010年小一入学
樓主: HoPunMom
go

2010年小一入学 [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 09-10-7 20:29 |只看該作者
Cantonese is used in Form 1 Chinese lessons and currently two Form 2 Chinese classes are taught in PTH.

The English oral class is divided into two groups, and so do Computer & PTH lessons.

All school teams' practice are very serious business, some will take up 3 weekday afternoons or two lunch-hour sessions & one afternoon.  So it is really a mixed feeling when one is being chosen as school team member.  Primary was a happier time, when a boy could be member of several school teams.

The school is also very serious on discipline as well.  It is good for to-day's kids.

22#
發表於 09-10-7 22:26 |只看該作者
原帖由 yeesumyin 於 09-10-7 12:46 發表
Hi Teresa,

對唔住, 我有點唔係好明, 係唔係如果真係脫鈎, 咁中學部會直接收晒小學部的學生?  變成所謂through train?   

Adrian Ma Ma

Basically, SPC will accept SPCPS graduates with "good pass" on Chin/Eng/Math/GS.  By good pass, it means 70+ (said by the principal Ms Chan).  So as long as your boy can reach "good pass" standard, SPC will accept him.  You may say it is "through train" but with some conditions.

23#
發表於 09-10-8 07:47 |只看該作者
Although there is not too much first hand experience with the teachers and ECA leaders, still can share some limited second hand observations.

Religion teacher's opening statement was to respect other people's choices and believes.  One question asked was also inspiring, why the Bible is divided into two sections, with one was named "Old" while another was "New".  

As expected, maths work is on heavy side but unexpectedly the Chinese History teacher is very good in making the subject interesting.  May be, it is because he is an old boy of SPC, knowing all the tricks in teaching boys.

Teachers or out-side coaches & leaders, who are incharged or entrusted of ECM, are dead serious.  I am so please that it brings positive impact to my boy.

So far so good.

24#
發表於 09-10-8 15:35 |只看該作者
hogwarts,
Thank you for your sharing.
數學科是因為轉英數解題困難還是功課量多?
是否所有學生都要學樂器?
中/西樂是否都可以?

25#
發表於 09-10-9 02:04 |只看該作者
English is not a main reason that maths is difficult, it is mainly because maths being taught in F1 is more advance.

Although the homework is still OK for the time being.  I will put money on that it is going to be tough, once the ECAs are in full swing.  Looking at bright side of life, it is just an not so early start to learn time management.

It seems that it is not a must to learn one musical instrument but I would like to share an interesting story.  One day, we went back to SPC to attend some business, we heard some beautiful singing from the corridor.  When we put our heads over there, 5 boys from senior class were practising and suddenly one said to the other, "let's go to other spot to practice."  It was so nice to hear that those boys are doing that on their own.  Well, nowaday you can't push kids to do things but once they love to, it is magic.  

Andrewpapa.

Water melon ball is really great fun for the boys and what a way to develop friendship or rivalry.

[ 本帖最後由 hogwarts 於 09-10-9 02:27 編輯 ]

26#
發表於 09-10-9 12:21 |只看該作者
it is fun with water melon ball

imagine over 100 kids running around in a small court. haahhah

BY all means, my advice is keep up English

27#
發表於 09-10-9 20:14 |只看該作者
andrewpapa,

Totally agree with u on English.

hogwarts

p.s.  Aue to smaller size of class, according to my son, only 60+ chasing 6+ balls.  Also, they, especially kids from upper forms, love to shoot other teams' ball to 2/F.

[ 本帖最後由 hogwarts 於 09-10-11 08:04 編輯 ]

28#
發表於 09-10-12 16:22 |只看該作者
Dear Parents,

Do you mind telling me the followings:

1. what type (charactor) of boy most suitable for SPC?
2. Don't you think boys here will have difficulty in communicating with girls in the future?
3. In what way you thought those 3 something is worthy to pay?
4. What the Principal want to observe in the 2nd interview (several days after) for P1 small boy?

Many thanks for your prompt response.

29#
發表於 09-11-4 16:58 |只看該作者
my son was in SPCP and now in the College,
i have to say the standards have improved a lot since DSS started.
the school has churned out a lot of high achievers in our society, recently at the Cornell U talk, there was one SPC old boy there as well, and none from the other Ming schools.
the school has proved to be very low profile in the last of the Mr Ha years, but i think it is regaining momentum.
Pls note that F7 students (or even Form 5 this year)
have been accepted into top universities like Cambridge or Central St Martins, as well as HKU.
The Prince Phillip Scholarship for Cambridge was also won 3 years ago.
the St Paul's boy is an all-rounder with good communicative skills, smart and esp in English.
the parents are also from all walks of life, incl some very wealthy but discreet families.
like the other ming schools, a lot of the top students have gone to the UK since P5/to Form 3.
Water melon cup- Lawrence Cheng Dan Sui an old boy (grad B U) came back a couple of years ago as the keeper, very nostalgic

30#
發表於 09-11-5 11:15 |只看該作者
There is always the question about the 3 something, in the span of last 6 years something, I did answer this question a couple of times &,  as being a happy parent then, the answer were always positive.

Now, with 2 months in SPC, looking back the 6 years in PS and looking forward to the 6 years ahead, I can say, at this moment of time, 3 something question never comes across my mind.

One cannot guarantee own's financial strenght can always afford that 3 something but with the fee remission system, I can put my mind at ease.  

Yes, there are always some children, who cannot adjust in school.  All the boys from PS, whom I have personal contacted, are so diversified in charactors and can be able to find their own places in school.   Then it is unwise, for making thing simple, to stereotype people and school.  My experience is that you cannot leave everything to the school.  Putting in our own effort is a better answer to whether the school is a suitable school.

The primary school, under the leadership of Mrs. Chan, does take their mission & goals statements seriously and steers to work towards them in a steady and assertive manner.  Their caring to SEN students is one of the good examples.

The short two months in SPC cannot tell much.  However, as my boy is in the Scout, I notice that, unlike in the PS, all the SPC Scout Leaders in-charge are not teachers but old boys.  Judging from the efforts and time they put in for the Scouts, I am more than just being impressed.  Yes, this does not help to produce 10 As, but they have provided a very positive role model to my boy in teaching him what is duty, commitment and honour.  Some qualities, I would like to see in my boy, to survive in this unsettling world.

So, the 3 something question is never a question.

[ 本帖最後由 hogwarts 於 09-11-5 11:20 編輯 ]

31#
發表於 09-11-10 15:51 |只看該作者
Hey hogwarts,

that is very impressing.

As an old boy in 80's, i am totally agree on what you said.  The school is uprising with the new leaders.  

again, we like our school and proud to be there
‹ 上一主題|下一主題