搜索
教育王國 討論區 小一選校 Chinese language in CKY
發新帖
查看: 844|回覆: 1
go

Chinese language in CKY

發表於 09-4-8 10:41 |顯示全部帖子
Cherubic,

I take the liberty to answer your enquiry on the teaching of Chinese language at CKY, which I find it off the previous discussion topic, hence this new thread.

Think they are using the same level of textbooks (or readers) as with local schools.  The standards of students do vary - similar case as in English (a Y3 student could enjoy reading Harry Potter while some others still revel in Magic Tree House).  Some are rather advanced readers while some are below par.

As for where does CKY recruit their Chinese teachers, I don't really take much consideration.  To me, the majority of the Chinese teachers are of native-fluency level.  I would have believed PTH is their mother-tongue if not being told otherwise.  Anyway, it's the results that impress me most.  When it comes to speaking in PTH, I think CKY students are well ahead of the pack.

發表於 09-4-8 11:09 |顯示全部帖子
Thanks for your reply.  
I raised those questions because I think Chinese language is a more difficult subject (as opposed to English language).  My son is studying P.1 in VSA.  I spoke to some parents whose kids are studying in CKY.  From the discussion, I feel there are certain similarities between CKY and VSA.  There is a lot to be done in VSA for improving its Chinese language, so I wonder what is the situation in CKY.

原帖由 papa_pop 於 09-4-8 10:41 發表
Cherubic,

I take the liberty to answer your enquiry on the teaching of Chinese language at CKY, which I find it off the previous discussion topic, hence this new thread.

Think they are using the sam ...