發新帖
查看: 3266|回覆: 19
go

ESF WKS kinda or David Exodus Kinda [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-4-3 14:13 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
Hi,
I am new here.
I want to ask for some advise:  ESF WKS kinda or David Exodus Kinda is better if I am aiming to put my son in SJS / RC?
I know ESF kinda will offer a interview by the k2 year, but not 100% for sure for acceptance. But, as I know David Exodus got a very high succeful rate in the past few years (for both RC & SJS).
Both school accept our application, so I am thinking which one should we take??????
Please help!!!!  

Jello
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 09-4-3 15:20 |只看該作者
Anyone from David Exodus? Any comments?

Many thanks,
Jello

原帖由 jello 於 09-4-3 14:13 發表
Hi,
I am new here.
I want to ask for some advise:  ESF WKS kinda or David Exodus Kinda is better if I am aiming to put my son in SJS / RC?
I know ESF kinda will offer a interview by the k2 year, but n ...

3#
發表於 09-4-3 15:42 |只看該作者
原帖由 jello 於 09-4-3 15:20 發表
Anyone from David Exodus? Any comments?

Many thanks,
Jello

Pls look at some old post here, to play safe, I will suggest you should try ESF kinder, as they are directly linked with ESF school and should have 1st hand information on Y1 admission. There is no guarantee in this world, so you still need get your kid prepare for the interview, including English and social skill. If you are keen on ESF primary school, wonder why you don't want to count on ESF kinder?

4#
發表於 09-4-3 16:41 |只看該作者
Thank you PoPolung.
However, do you have any idea how's the hit rate from ESF kinda to Y1 this year??? Just want to have some figures for evalation!
And yes, I already read through the past post these days......still struggling!
Thank you anyway!

5#
發表於 09-4-3 16:58 |只看該作者
原帖由 jello 於 09-4-3 16:41 發表
Thank you PoPolung.
However, do you have any idea how's the hit rate from ESF kinda to Y1 this year??? Just want to have some figures for evalation!
And yes, I already read through the past post thes ...

For mine in Abacus, "source" said 95+%. Though not everyone go to CWBS (the closest one to Abacus in Clearwater Bay / Sai Kung / TKO Area), but still most have allocated to also SJS, KJS, BHS or some go to RCHK.

Pls ask David Exodus and tell us the hit rate, I will be surprised if they can have more than 50-70% this year, for ESF I mean. But just guess.

6#
發表於 09-4-3 18:54 |只看該作者
Yes, I did asked the head master there in David Exodus.....very surprise.....much more than 70%.....
ninty something % . No exact numbers but she is very confidence and sure by telling me the result they got this year.

原帖由 popolung 於 09-4-3 16:58 發表

For mine in Abacus, "source" said 95+%. Though not everyone go to CWBS (the closest one to Abacus in Clearwater Bay / Sai Kung / TKO Area), but still most have allocated to also SJS, KJS, BHS or som ...

7#
發表於 09-4-3 19:06 |只看該作者
SOrry... I do not know well about David Exodus.  But I know there is a new ESF KG in MOS.  Previously before this ESF KG, student living in Shatin area (or the catchment area of SJS), student might not be going from Abacus or TY or SW ESF as those are too far away.  But if MOS ESF starts from this year, then the situation changed.  Though ESF KG cannot guarantee you a seat or they will keep telling you they cannot do anything for you, but in fact I can tell you that they are finding a way hard for us to get into ESF Primary.

8#
發表於 09-4-3 20:19 |只看該作者
"I can tell you that they are finding a way hard for us to get into ESF Primary." -----> Yes, I belive in it !!!
It' might be a more clear picture to me now!

Thanks!
Jello:)

9#
發表於 09-4-3 22:25 |只看該作者
原帖由 jello 於 09-4-3 18:54 發表
Yes, I did asked the head master there in David Exodus.....very surprise.....much more than 70%.....
ninty something % . No exact numbers but she is very confidence and sure by telling me the result t ...

1. Is this the "90%" figure from David Exodus last year or current year? I believed they can't tell u now as the interview process has not finished yet, but most ESF kinder students has found a place already in ESF.

2. Of course the headmaster will tell u this, otherwise you will go away. But even ESF Kinder principal will not say that, only surpringly this year the hit rate achieved more than 95% already this year.

So yes, I think finally ESF will make the kinder - primary - secondary school service finally become "straight flush" or we called "One Straight Dragon" in Chinese! Just my best guess, watch out!

10#
發表於 09-4-3 22:52 |只看該作者
原帖由 popolung 於 09-4-3 22:25 發表

1. Is this the "90%" figure from David Exodus last year or current year? I believed they can't tell u now as the interview process has not finished yet, but most ESF kinder students has found a plac ...

Historical Hit Rate means nothing.
Just quote an extreme example :
School A has high percentage of cat. 1 students;
School B have high percentage of cat. 2 students;
Which school will have a higher ESF hit rate?
Certainly school A.
then, as a cat. 2 applicant, I am attracted by the "hit rate" of school A and then my child goes to school A.
2 years later, do u think the "historical hit rate" in school A can help me to get in ESF primary easier?
Certainly NOT.

11#
發表於 09-4-3 23:50 |只看該作者
原帖由 oooray 於 09-4-3 22:52 發表

Historical Hit Rate means nothing.
Just quote an extreme example :
School A has high percentage of cat. 1 students;
School B have high percentage of cat. 2 students;
Which school will have a higher  ...

I look at their website and it is not very professionally built, and information is very outdated. So if they have a very high hit rate then their teaching method must be very good......

http://davidexodus.edu.hk/newsletters.php

12#
發表於 09-4-4 00:05 |只看該作者
原帖由 popolung 於 09-4-3 23:50 發表

I look at their website and it is not very professionally built, and information is very outdated. So if they have a very high hit rate then their teaching method must be very good......

ht ...

Just clarify I have no idea about this school and I'm not going to say it is good or not.
Instead, just want to point out due to the rules of the game set by ESF, many hidden factors behind are influencing the "hit rate" and joining a  non-ESF kinda with high hit rate will not get any extra priority for interview. (Of course, a good school can train you up your english and social skill but worth nothing if u don't have a chance for interview)

13#
發表於 09-4-4 00:44 |只看該作者
原帖由 oooray 於 09-4-4 00:05 發表

Just clarify I have no idea about this school and I'm not going to say it is good or not.
Instead, just want to point out due to the rules of the game set by ESF, many hidden factors behind are influ ...

I echo!

14#
發表於 09-4-4 19:16 |只看該作者
Yes, Cat 1 students are having piority.  But if the student is Cat 1, there is no point for him to consider a ESF KG if the KG is so far away from home.  But consider if the kid is living in CWB, then why not Abacus.  If the kid is living in MOS, how he can go to Abacus...  The catchmen area is also another consideration.  In SJS area, there is a new ESF KG starts this year.  So the competition from this new ESF KG against David Exodus should be a serious one (if David Exodus is a good KG and in fact I do not know well).  

The point here is the kid is Cat 2 and how best the Cat 2 hitting rate should be the concern.  Previously without an "ESF" KG, may be the English Level of David Exodus is so high and having a relatively hight proportion of the Cat 1 student.  So without very severe competition, this KG can have a good hitting rate.  But no matter how, I do not think they are having the same "HELP" from ESF (both RC and SJS) which is providing to ESF KG.

This is not an ad, but the advantage should be a serious point if you are eager to get into ESF no matter SJS or RC.

15#
發表於 09-4-5 05:38 |只看該作者
原帖由 kcpapa 於 09-4-4 19:16 發表
Yes, Cat 1 students are having piority.  But if the student is Cat 1, there is no point for him to consider a ESF KG if the KG is so far away from home.  But consider if the kid is living in CWB, then ...

Cat 1 Student + study in ESF Kinder "almost" mean you can have a "guarantee" to enter ESF Primary school, as long as the students can speak and have no mis-conduct during interview. And with now 4 ESF Kinders in HK almost mean anywhere in HK you live with take less than 1 hour to travel to any of the ESF kinder.

16#
發表於 09-4-6 18:12 |只看該作者
Dear Jello,

Please share: how could I make contact with David Exodus Kindergarten? I phoned them many times and even had left message but there were never any replies. Would you please share with me the contact info. My younger son is going to apply for this school next year.

I am grateful for your help.

Thanks,
Miclint

原帖由 jello 於 09-4-3 14:13 發表
Hi,
I am new here.
I know ESF kinda will offer a interview by the k2 year, but n ...

17#
發表於 09-4-6 18:56 |只看該作者
Dea Miclint,

Just keep calling! As I know, their head-master is now on trip. She is the only one to take care of the new admission. Better call in the morning aroung 9-9:30am.

Good luck!
Jello

18#
發表於 09-4-7 09:28 |只看該作者
Thanks Jello. I shall keep calling.

But do you find the school OK since it is so difficult for a parent to reach the staff. Or for parents of the current students, they have a different way to contact the teaching staff? like, a private telephone number and email address that is not disclosed to the public? This really puzzles me.

19#
發表於 09-4-7 12:29 |只看該作者
原帖由 Miclint 於 09-4-7 09:28 發表
Thanks Jello. I shall keep calling.

But do you find the school OK since it is so difficult for a parent to reach the staff. Or for parents of the current students, they have a different way to conta ...

I have the same question, what happen if one has emergency, and you can't contact anyone in school? Will you have confident enough to put your kids there? (just open question)

20#
發表於 09-4-7 16:03 |只看該作者

ddd

Dear Miclint, Please check PM!

[ 本帖最後由 MITCHmama 於 09-4-7 16:21 編輯 ]
MITCHmama
‹ 上一主題|下一主題