我終於知九華的post,點解有人問,但又無人答了!!

對不起呀!!我生兩個都係"女"呀,無資格做"九華"的代言人呀!!

好彩狙擊手放假。

發表於 09-3-27 13:37 |顯示全部帖子
-
摘自九龍華仁書院1971舊生網誌
-

9th Jul 2007

I just spent yesterday (July 1st) with the two Wah Yan Ambassadors who are visiting San Francisco, and seven other Wah Yan alumni at Berkeley and De Anza Community College. They told me:

1) It is rarely the case you will find teachers' cars in the parking lot after 5 p.m. on most school days in both Wah Yan's. Many teachers immediately leave right after school is over. Unlike in our time when teachers stayed behind to advise, coach student activities (scout, art, film, Math Olympiad, calligraphy, staging operas, class and school plays), mentoring remedial students, these rarely take place. There is also no more teachers who would volunteer to teach after retirement, as did Chiu Hei-kaw, Wong Chin-wah, Yu Pun-leung, Francis Kong. One student remarked that when Francis Kong was buried last Christmas, an entire chapter of Wah Yan good teaching for the past 80 years came to an end.

2) There is corroborating evidence from different sources. I asked both principals about the feasibility of past students financing programs for Wah Yan teachers to take summer sessions in North America schools or Jesuit colleges. Both said that teachers guard their summer vacations very jealously. There is at least one extreme case. Some parents in WYHK complained to the Education Bureau in HK that an English teacher never graded a single English homework in an entire term. One student told me that the joke among students in WYK was that the best job is to teach in WYK -- teachers do not have to do anything.

3) Good teachers leave. There are at least three of the best teachers who have left or considering leaving because of parents, students, and colleagues. One excellent and conscientious English teacher contacted students at home about their homework. The parent complained to the school in public that this married woman teacher was seducing her son. So she left. Another good woman teacher was considering resigning because she has buckteeth and the students made that her nickname. A third Chinese teacher, probably the most conscientious of them all and the only one who stays for hours after school is over, is also thinking of leaving because he gets stuck with different chores that other teachers shirk.

All these are unthinkable at the time when Jesuit priests were the principals who set personal examples of dedication, concern for students, create an environment of education excellence, motivate good teachers and cultivate a collegiate subculture among teaching staff and school pride for all.

4) The student profile is that of a mediocre school, and dropping towards the bottom. Last year, WYK had only 87 "A"s in the HKSCE, compared to over 400 in La Salle, and over 500 in DGS. There were 220 "F" or "U"s. "U" stands for "Unclassified", worse than "Failure". The exam is so bad it is simply not graded.

5) The students told me they were very surprised when they attended classes at De Anza Community College and Berkeley, when they saw that students generally do not eat and drink during classes, play e-games, talk among themselves when the instructor is lecturing. This is rather typical in WYK, less so, but still the case in WYHK.

6) Foul language is the lingua Franca for many students, even in elite company. A group of Wah Yan past students attended a Wah Yan alumni gathering in the Bay Area, where Doris Cheung, Director of the Hong Kong Economic and Trade Office in San Francisco (one of three HK government representatives in US) was invited. Part of the gathering was a bowling game. They were on the lane beside Doris. During the entire game, they used expletives in a loud voice.

7) Much of the student behavior is attributable to their working class background. One student said the mean family income of WYK students was HK$10,000 per month (I think a Filipino maid makes HK$7,000). Norman So said that 60 of the parents of F. 1 and F. 2 two or three years ago were cab drivers. WYHK is better, with HK$70,000 mean monthly income.

8) Many parents clearly behave like the very uneducated. They fight over getting tables in the school canteen during lunch time. They complained about and successfully killed a compulsory course for WYK students learning how to input Chinese characters in computers. As noted earlier, one managed to drive an excellent English teacher away.

The above profile of students, teachers, administrators and parents appears to be a bottom school in our time, more like New Method rather than Wah Yan. The prospects do not look good. I believe this is part of the intended consequence of the "Slay the Dragon" policy of the education bureaucrats in Hong Kong. But even with the slayers being slain recently, the downward spiral of Wah Yan has gathered momentum. The reputation of Wah Yan gets worse. Good students do not come. Wah Yan alumni are sending their children elsewhere or pulling them from Wah Yan. Conscientious teachers leave. DSS (or privatization) would at least solve the student pool problem, thus the parents’ problem. It can also solve the teacher problem, by getting rid of bad instructors now protected by governmentregulations.

I understand that Fr. Deignan and two alumni just met Sr. Margaret Wong of St. Paul Convent, which has recently switched to DSS. Before the meeting, I was told that the experience of St. Paul Convent was overall positive, with DSS benefits outweighing the costs.

(I welcome corrections and comments.)

James Tong (WYK 1965)
Department of Political Science
UCLA

發表於 09-3-27 13:57 |顯示全部帖子
九華的官方討論區亦有下列文章的討論可供參考。

亦是引自該討論區,去年的 A 數約為130。

原帖由 囝囝爸 於 09-3-27 13:37 發表
-
摘自九龍華仁書院1971舊生網誌
-

9th Jul 2007

I just spent yesterday (July 1st) with the two Wah Yan Ambassadors who are visiting San Francisco, and seven other Wah Yan alumni at Berkeley and De Anz ...

發表於 09-3-27 13:57 |顯示全部帖子
九華成績持續下跌,是不爭的事實。家長仍然選擇她,應該有他們自己的理由和期望。自由社會,有自由的選擇。英華是所很不錯的學校,雖是直資,但學費廉宜,故此如果英華有offer,我會接受。

[ 本帖最後由 marius 於 09-3-27 14:02 編輯 ]

發表於 09-3-27 14:39 |顯示全部帖子
我試從歷史的角度去看:

九華的辦學團體是耶穌會,它的傳教士在明代中葉至清代初期,進入中國,引進西方天文、數學等知識,自己亦融入中國社會,作出無私奉獻。

英華呢,它的創辦人,是與鴉片商人結夥,乘搭販賣鴉片的商船來中國找機會的,辦學的真正目的,就不好說了。

── 無論你現時幾發迹,過往的「那渣底」,是洗不掉的!──

請注意: 這平台是提供給各位家長分享討論,不管各位認同與否,都請大家互相尊重,勿作出攻擊言詞,另亦提醒各家長,如言詞涉及誹謗,一切後果須自負,教育王國不會負責.
多謝合作!
Red2008

[ 本帖最後由 Red2008 於 09-5-9 03:30 編輯 ]

發表於 09-3-27 15:16 |顯示全部帖子
不過港九華仁也有值得欣賞的地方,尤其是她的辦學理念及堅持的態度,在當今以A數為家長首選的時代,尤為珍貴。

[ 本帖最後由 marius 於 09-3-27 17:15 編輯 ]

發表於 09-3-27 17:11 |顯示全部帖子
抱歉說句,這觀點我認為甚無聊。
原帖由 b-7 於 09-3-27 14:39 發表
我試從歷史的角度去看:

九華的辦學團體是耶穌會,它的傳教士在明代中葉至清代初期,進入中國,引進西方天文、數學等知識,自己亦融入中國社會,作出無私奉獻。

英華呢,它的創辦人,是與鴉片商人結夥,乘搭販賣鴉片的商船來中國找 ...

發表於 09-3-27 20:04 |顯示全部帖子
已收到英華的取錄信了,三十日前註册.

發表於 09-3-27 20:07 |顯示全部帖子
各位, 出來講野既家長, 都唔係針對某中學, 而係知道post出來既數據錯了,想講番d真正事實. 公開考試成績好與不好, 只要花少少時間check吓, 便知, 無謂拗, 不過是口舌之爭拗. d家長好心post出來, 係唔想d家長唔太了解, 盲目選中學比小朋友.
有家長認為一間好既學校, 唔應該只睇公開考試成績, 絕對同意.  但是九x公開成績不好, 不是這兩年既事, 唔知既! 自己去check吓.

e+讀中學唔同以前, 無得中四西走班人, 沙田祟真會考合格%係100, 唔知有幾多學生比學校中途踢人走出來, 先至有100%合格.

朋友個仔讀油尖旺小學, 舊年9月入了九x, 最近聽佢亞媽問了另一朋友, 點解佢個仔成日無mud功課 ? 你要多功課做, 就不應抽這校, 好多家長真係5知自己想選mud野中學比個小朋友, 包括e度都有家長比錯曬資料.   

新校長要檢討吓自由風既學習問題.

原帖由 davidmimi 於 09-3-27 11:21 發表

講到會考成績...去年喇沙的取"A"數量達200,足足九華的1倍,呢方面的確值得校方檢討,但出奇地...透過拔尖計劃中六直入大學的人數...兩校又差不多喎!!!! 原因是..

兩校取A學生都係集中在頭40人左右,而呢班頂端學生大 ...

[ 本帖最後由 catcatmom 於 09-3-27 20:16 編輯 ]

發表於 09-3-27 20:41 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 catcatmom 於 09-3-27 20:07 發表
各位, 出來講野既家長, 都唔係針對某中學, 而係知道post出來既數據錯了,想講番d真正事實. 公開考試成績好與不好, 只要花少少時間check吓, 便知, 無謂拗, 不過是口舌之爭拗. d家長好心post出來, 係唔想d家長唔太了解, ...

正如有家長問King's 同St Stephen's,好明顯兩校成績不能比較,但都決定後者。直資英中能夠早收生係因素之一,家長只是找多些人去支持佢既決定。

發表於 09-3-27 21:45 |顯示全部帖子
5* = A ?????

我由頭到尾都係講A,都無講過5* + A, 至於5*數據,sorry...忘記了!!!

我係某出版社教育版工作,上年做緊個拔尖專輯,拿到部分學校的數據,九華及喇沙是其中兩間....而對於兩校A數差距咁遠,所以特別深記憶.

仲有..九華剩計A,根本就唔過百呀! 九華成績跌係事實,但仍受油尖旺家長歡迎,亦是事實.

咁鍾意講數據呀,知唔知邊間名校有最多綜援家庭,係九華呀...12%.

我令其他家長誤會,講句sorry!!!

[ 本帖最後由 davidmimi 於 09-3-28 16:42 編輯 ]

發表於 09-3-27 21:47 |顯示全部帖子

九龍華仁的會考及格率

原帖由 catcatmom 於 09-3-26 23:57 發表
齋講名氣甘更係九華好過英華, 因好多家長唔會上網, 更加唔識入到兩間既周年報告,睇下近年公開考試成績, 連買份明報講升中既書都慳, 所以咪唔知九x既平衡公開考試成績連官塘band2學校都不如, 小學尖子入去又點, 會考 ...

http://forum.edu-kingdom.com/viewthread.php?tid=1629539&page=5#pid26682563

發表於 09-3-27 22:04 |顯示全部帖子
你同我講沙崇,真係請你慳d啦!!!!

知唔知崇真點解會搬去沙田呀??
係廿幾年前深水埗舊址(現為崇真小學),教員室屋頂塌下,舊翼列為危樓,所以急急在2年後搬往沙田現址.

沙崇唔會趕人出校??
你估呀????梗有趕人出校啦!!

點解我知...因為我係沙崇舊生,仲係中四那年被趕出校!!!

張文偉校長都係首批由深水埗搬去沙田架,我睇住佢入職架..

[ 本帖最後由 davidmimi 於 09-3-27 23:34 編輯 ]

發表於 09-3-27 22:12 |顯示全部帖子
Hi Ice,

That means tomorrow is the last day for registering? Have you decided?  I am still waiting, but I guess the chance is slim. :-<

原帖由 Ice1018 於 09-3-27 20:04 發表
已收到英華的取錄信了,三十日前註册.

[ 本帖最後由 OnEarth 於 09-3-27 22:35 編輯 ]

發表於 09-3-27 22:18 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 Ice1018 於 09-3-26 10:25 發表
如果英華書院收咗入唔入好? 定係等九龍華仁嘅7月派位結果好?
請幫忙比d意見!
艾媽媽

你囝囝成績如何?

發表於 09-3-27 23:09 |顯示全部帖子
khmama,
pls check pm

原帖由 khmama 於 09-3-27 22:18 發表

你囝囝成績如何?

發表於 09-3-27 23:22 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 marius 於 09-3-27 17:11 發表
抱歉說句,這觀點我認為甚無聊。   

我同意你講呀!b-7無聊到極!

網友請看看b-7的其它言論便知一二。
我看見他/她對其他學校的批評, 不盡不實, 曾經在小學雜談見過攻擊德信小學的言論, 雖然小兒不是讀德信小學, 但也不值他/她的所為。

這個平台是供家長互相交流心得, 交換意見, 互通消息, 亦可吐吐苦水, 可以提出意見或批評, 但不是攻擊!

像b-7說甚麼鴉片, 究竟有何關係?

[ 本帖最後由 maglam1985 於 09-3-28 19:57 編輯 ]