搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Totally disappointed with Kingston
樓主: parentsinhk
go

Totally disappointed with Kingston [複製鏈接]

41#
發表於 09-4-1 00:23 |只看該作者

回覆 # 的文章

Thanks for the comments ...as I said, I did respect their policy..all I looked for is just a suggested soution...the school didn't bother to offer any solution (switch class was originally mentioned by that Ms. Kwok but later she rejcted it herself...if it violated policy, why she suggested it at first place and then rejected later?!).....anyway, if switch class is not possible, there still could be many other methods ... I think  most of us have worked in the society, we know well there is always some work-arround which could achieve the purpose while maintaing policy...we can simply reject a request by quoting policy A, policy B bla bla bla or use our heart to listen and solve problem for others, that is where it makes the difference.

BTW, when I say Kingston, it is the kindergarten not the primary school (cause I saw someone mentioned, she/her think Kingston is best IS...i wonder if she/he means the primary school...which i had no info to give comment).

42#
發表於 09-4-1 00:31 |只看該作者

回覆 # 的文章

btw... i understand this could happen in other schools as well..but as i said before the tutition fee in Kingston is more than dobule of other kindergarten.  So, honestly, I do have higher expectation.  My another point is if "all other schools" could deal with students and parents by simply quoting policy, why Kingston? and that is how it relates to my email subject

I understand that they need to run the business but they seem to have forgotten that they are running education as well......Nowadays, a lot of school know well how to run the business but forget about the educational part.  One can't use the busienss mind to run education, one should use the heart. Students and parents there can feel it.......don't just do "surface" thing.

[ 本帖最後由 parentsinhk 於 09-4-1 00:33 編輯 ]

43#
發表於 09-4-1 10:45 |只看該作者
Ha ha, pianokc, you still take it personal. Unfortunately, HK people do not have a sense of humour. The way you use the capital YOU does imply you are still angry. Come on, we are engaging in rational discussion, even if I am launching personal attack, once I engage into rational discussion you should stop being nasty and stay calm.

You cannot rule out the experience of parentsinhk every case is different and the case you quote (?) that other parent took it up to challenge the parents of the mischevious child's parents and the school was a good way to tackle the problem but it does not imply that parentsinhk's request is not unreasonable. Try to put yourself into his/her shoe (as I just tried to make you experience the feeling of being "directly attacked") there are, of course, hard and fast rules governing the way of business but we would expect an educational institute will have more than $$ in than eyes.

As it is getting more interesting in the topic I have talked to my friend about Kingston and I learned that it was run by a successful business lady. Her feeling is she is commercial (but it does not imply that the school is not properly run) and seems not the type of an eduator. It doesn't matter as long as the "products" are properly trained but how to balance between $$ and the vision of education is a real challenge.

Am I rational now? I am just being adamant to win the argument with any means or foul. You are blinded by your anger and did not answer my question of whether using the words naive and coward are rational or not. I may be just wisekid2007 using another alias here. Ha Ha.... Back to business - rational discussion. One man's meat is another's poison the way you present your points in addressing parentsinhk's concern also reflects you are only indulging in your own experience without sticking out and look around.

I really think that I have spent enough time in this thread and hope that you see my point. My apologies of being a bit nasty but my point is very clear -  everyone should respect others and be polite to one another in BK. I can be very nasty and rough in other blog or forum when discussing politics but here I am just being naughty sometimes and mock on those who think he/she holds the ultimate truth.

Have a nice day and take it easy lah

原帖由 Pianokc 於 09-3-31 22:43 發表
Well Wingba, from THIS post only... one can't see how wisekid2007 was in anyway "rude" or insulting to the OP.

But it seems to be YOU, are the one who started calling names here and attacking Wisekid ...

44#
發表於 09-4-1 11:13 |只看該作者
Wingba, I have no idea what you are talking about. What people post here will not make me lose sleep. Nothing personal. But it is funny how you are the one who started the name calling, but turn around and say it's Wisekid first.

And then you started getting on my case too because I said something about Wisekid's point.

I am curious though, what could Kingston have done to make parentinhk satisfied and happy? Education is NOT same as business ? Well, I think many would disagree. More accurately, perhaps Education is not business ONLY, but it is a big part, and every institution has their own policies, and yes, there is a limit to what can be bended. Nothing to do with "having a heart or not."

I have nothing further to say about this, just wish parentinhk the best of luck that his/her child won't have any more problems with other classmates in the new school.

[ 本帖最後由 Pianokc 於 09-4-1 11:20 編輯 ]

45#
發表於 09-4-2 07:19 |只看該作者

回覆 # 的文章

Pianokc, thanks for your "wishes", yes, my boy is now very happy and the fact is he obviously learn much more after leavning Kingston

46#
發表於 09-4-2 16:19 |只看該作者
原帖由 Hos 於 09-3-22 02:54 發表
Hi BK parents,

Please allow me share my experience.

Both of my children studying at Kingston Kinder.  For my first child, this is the third year.  For my second child, this is the first year.  From  ...

(My children learn a lot at school and they like going to school very much.  Their class teachers are very caring and they really understand the children.)

agree with u!!  

47#
發表於 10-2-2 12:29 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

48#
發表於 10-2-2 12:36 |只看該作者
原帖由 BookloverJ 於 10-2-2 12:29 發表
Updated............

‹ 上一主題|下一主題